1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Space Stations 0.6.3

Space Stations! WIP

1. magewish4

magewish4 Pangalactic Porcupine

magewish4 updated Space Stations with a new update entry:

Station Events and Apex Station

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The raiders are an interesting idea, but they pretty much butcher everyone on the station. Makes running quests difficult when the quest givers keep getting killed off. Perhaps dial them back a bit, not spawn them by the dozen, or something. Maybe you can code them to not attack unarmed NPCs?

3. magewish4

Thank you, this is really useful feedback. Part of what the raiders should be doing is endangering npcs, but they shouldn't be butchering all of them like you're describing. I can dial down the numbers they spawn in, the rate between waves, the raider levels, or some combination of the three. I could also make sure there are more station guards available to help fight. I'll mess around with the difficulty a bit.

The level and number of raiders DOES increase with the station 'difficulty', although the guards should also be leveled up - do you know what level station you were at?

4. Mooncalf99

Threat level 2. They killed all the crew on the bridge, and every npc they got within line of sight with. Including guards, simply by overwhelming numbers.

I was fresh off the home planet at the time - only iron equipment and piddly tier 1 weapons - so I got slaughtered a few times as well.

5. magewish4

I will definitely tone down the difficulty on the lower level stations then. The bridge needs another guard station and I'll reduce the numbers.

6. magewish4

0.6.1 - Raiding Tweaks

7. magewish4

A demo of a submod can be found here: https://github.com/pixlar/kirhosStations It uses the kirhos race as an example of how a modded race can be added to stations. Let me know if you have any questions about how it works.

Please post/message me with any submods so I can link to them in the description.

8. Mooncalf99

Raiders continue to butcher everyone on the station. This time it was a tier 1 Protectorate station.

Also, the station generation seems to be malfunctioning - I've encountered stations with huge gaping holes (i.e. missing sections), and the latest one had empty rooms. station_error.PNG

error2.PNG

9. kaneo

kaneo Yeah, You!

So should we uninstall this mod per the new update coming?

10. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I don't see why you would unless the update makes this totally incompatible(and that would probably be temporary anyhow). The might have stations of a sort, but we don't know how they'll work out in practice.

Or as the saying goes "don't count your chickens til they hatch."

11. magewish4

I'm looking into why the station is spawning with empty spaces, but I haven't seen it, so logs would be helpful. I'm going to take another look at balancing - I may take the raiders event off of the level one protectorate station.

This shouldn't interfere with the new update. I had a feeling someone else would want to add in spacestations, so I tried to set it up to work with other stations. If the new update breaks this mod, repairing it will come first.

My next update was going to involve human spacestations, upgrading station crewmembers, and quests. With the new update... who knows?

12. magewish4

All sorts of silliness

bk3k likes this.
  13. Si_Bemol

Si_Bemol Yeah, You!

know if this mod conflicts with anything? because i got truespace and some of the unigen modules alongside FU, and i cant find a single station.

14. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I can find them and I have installed (except Unigen) and my own planet size mod too. What Unigen modules are you using?

Possibly you've just been unlucky as well, and possibly you need to explore outward from where you've already generated the universe.

15. magewish4

This should work with truespace and FU. I need to work on better FU compatability, because stations don't show up around FU planets right now. I don't know about Unigen. Like bk3k said, you may have to travel far enough for your game to generate new systems.

16. magewish4

Current Mod Status Update:
    From what I've seen of the upcoming stations update, it looks like there's still room in the universe for my stations. I'm continuing with the Human/USCM station and looking at revisiting the Hylotl station.

Features in progress:
    New NPC Spawners - done
    New Guard Hiring Station - Nearly Done
    New Human Station - Nearly Done
    New Quests - In Progress
    New NPCs - Nearly Done
    New NPC upgrades/graduation sets - Started
    New missions - Not Started
    New events - Not Started
    Hylotl Station Improvements - Not Started
    Visiting Ship Debug/Improvements - Not Started
    Better FU compatability - Not Started

17. Cinder

Cinder Void-Bound Voyager

I keep finding only the really small Space Bases and it's annoying as hell. I just want a nice big Hylotl Space Station to crash on.

Or into

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  18. magewish4

I just double-checked the station spawn rates. Looks like you're just having bad luck, my friend. All stations have an equal chance of spawning.

19. magewish4

Ah-ha! Unstable has dropped, so I'll get right on that. This will probably be the last update :( Time to start a new mod >.>