Space Ship Customization

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Llamachamaboat, Jun 8, 2013.

1. dedismo420

dedismo420 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope that was sarcasm because it kinda does sound like rocket surgery ;)

2. Gentlestar

Gentlestar Void-Bound Voyager

Wilcol The Apex and Floran are practically the same

3. Dead_Locke

Dead_Locke Space Hobo

I would like to see pre-made ships that I can buy from merchants that have tiers, and maybe when them finish space stations, you could dock multiple ships on it (like a garage) so you can collect them

4. raser12

raser12 Sandwich Man

Sounds pretty good higher tier ships found in higher sectors?

5. tricks1000

tricks1000 Void-Bound Voyager

yes i would like the option to pick ship color and also be able to exxpand by adding sections ps i like your ideas

6. Uranium Bomb

Uranium Bomb Void-Bound Voyager

What if, when in the X sector, you can find meteorites with "cores" inside them, filled with a different type of metal. The metal is used in the Metalwork Station to make another crafting table. The crafting table would turn more of the meteorite metal into ship parts, and you can eventually craft a space station of such. It would cost 20 fuel to travel to it, and 180 fuel to travel away from it. You can store up to 10 ships, some with customizable ship parts that you can find in another sector, which you unlock from another upgrade on the new crafting table. In the new sector, you can find meteor showers as sort of temporary planets, and mine larger amounts of the meteorite metals that way. You can also find things like crashed ships which you can salvage parts from to add to one of your current ships, or to make a new one. The sector could also be used as a spaceship warfare zone, a nice place to implement a rumor of a feature that I heard about, spaceship battles. Another feature could be after winning the spaceship battle, you could salvage a few parts of that ship from the wreckage.

TL;DR: Make a new sector with another part of the game where you can go PEW PEW PEW with up to 10 spaceships, kill other ships and steal their parts.

7. 31jarey

31jarey Star Wrangler

It has been put off because it is not that important compared to the gameplay stuff. This is only aesthetics. Yet I still want it : 3

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  8. 31jarey

31jarey Star Wrangler

Yes you are right but lets take the florans for example. all modular parts you add should have vines. The glitch ones have to look Medieval. They all have to have the right theme.

9. InfiniteRemnant

InfiniteRemnant Subatomic Cosmonaut

maybe that's how the floran ships could finally be different. floran ships don't install most of their modules, they grow several of them from the plant life covering the hull.

10. Krokomaster

Krokomaster Space Spelunker

I could work like this: you find a space ship centrum or something, overloaded with Apex, Humans and all the kinds and you must find someone called, i dunno maybe "space ship engineer" and you can buy stuff for your ship and customize it, also in the ship centrum, there could be shops and stuff, just full of life :)

11. Hour

Hour Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A set of spaceship blocks in varying styles and use, as well as the ability to change their colours through some presets I think would be the best route to take with this.
    But that's just my two cents.

12. Kotizers

Kotizers Aquatic Astronaut

It would be cool if they made it something like - You craft a spacesuit and put ur ship in a forcefield(would require lots of fuel/energy), meaning u can go outside of it and color it or perhaps make it larger :p

13. Loki1913

Loki1913 Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with this! While having a ship evolve through upgrades is great, especially if we get to choose which upgrades, there has also been some amazing work done by the modding community on full, pre-made ships. Check out the Taurus Freighter, the USS Nobu, the Absolution, and the Albatross to see what I'm talking about. While each sector I'll give to access to new ship upgrades, why not also give access to new pre-made ships of that level?

14. DemmyTree

DemmyTree Orbital Explorer

so far my ship looks like this its got a change of background now but i cant get the ladders to work right where the gap is.

Ship.png

Plus i cant design an outer skin for the ship :(

15. DemmyTree

DemmyTree Orbital Explorer

any suggestions what could go in it? as well as ship quaters?

16. TheLostSentinel

TheLostSentinel Big Damn Hero

Noah's Ark? O-O Lol. That's what it looks like to me.

17. Jarda

Jarda Space Hobo

please . someone put this.

18. anayery

anayery Void-Bound Voyager

yo creo QUE ESO SERIA LO MAXIMO PERO ES DIFICIL IMPLEMENTAR UN SISTEMA DE CREACION DE NAVE Y QUE SEA FACIL DE USAR Y YA NO SOLO QUE SEA FACIL DE USAR , SI NO QUE ADEMAS HAGA QUE LA NAVE QUEDE BIEN ESO ES UN POCO COMPLICADO , EN MI OPINIÓN LO MEJOR SERÍA UN SISTEMA DE UPGRADE DE LA NAVE COMO CON LOS CHIPS PARA LAS ARMADURAS , PUES LO MISMO PARA LA NAVE EN PLA NAVE MK 2 MK 3 MK 4 ETC

19. InfiniteRemnant

InfiniteRemnant Subatomic Cosmonaut

...can someone translate that?

20. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I wouldn't like it built out of blocks, but if you could use pixels and ores to add on new areas to your spaceship (Docking area, laboratory, barracks, captains quarters, cells, etc.)

Phaded likes this.