Digital Soulites Starbound Art: Critter Request Open

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by 1110Soulite, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Randomclam777

Randomclam777 Aquatic Astronaut

These look great!

I normally don't post on forums (they're full of spiders), but I'd love to see one of my character.

[​IMG]

Characters shown are Malc Modnar (me, right), man florian of Science(!), and my faithful assistant/ test subject/ lightning-orb breathing pet, Sir Squiggleton (left). Now, you may be thinking, "A Scientist florian? Impossible!" However, consider that the florians are notorious for their ability to reverse engineer technology. Most of the scientists responsible for this simply don't like to brag about their work; the average florian responds to anything remotely unfamiliar with extensive stabbing, a behavior that tends to disrupt scientific studies.

A florian devoted to Science simply enjoys a different kind of hunt. In the case of my character, this means the stabbing is done with needles filled with all manner of interesting substances, rather than knives. Naturally, Sir Squiggleton is a (mostly) reliable test subject, with only the occasional lightning-ball-spitting outburst (which may or may not be a result of several extensive genetic experiments).

I don't ask that you illustrate this for me. I ask that you do so For Science!
    Background is titanium paneling lined with steel blocks, with the floor also being titanium. Lighting is the exact same shade as natural sunlight. Science spares no expense!

2. 1110Soulite

1110Soulite Subatomic Cosmonaut

Added drawing PonyBound from the pony race mod
    [​IMG]

3. Flocorporation

Flocorporation Phantasmal Quasar

WALLPAPER, WALLAPAPER, WALLPAHPAH !
    Thanks mate, this is awesome as always !
    Keep that magnificent talent !

4. wolfoftwilight

wolfoftwilight Big Damn Hero

thank you so much Soulite when I first saw this pic my jaw dropped for like five minute keep up the great work

5. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Might have soon another request if you have time and really want to do another artwork about one of my other Omegacorp related characters. But probaly after the next wipe after I reassembled my headquarters with my main character.

But I might provide some little background information about him already ^^:

And the character is actually an Avian named Teladi (Not very creative with names). He is basicly part of an Omegacorp High Threat recon team and explores well... High threat planets. Because he is an Avian he knows some nice and cool recipes his squadmates like to eat and basicly cooks for them when they are out on a planet. He does also not wear the official Omegacorp adaptive powerarmor but more an highly upgraded Eagle Armor of the Avians because he is proud of his species. Combatwise he is basicly the sniper of his squad, means him and his spotter lay down somewhere, spotter marks targets and he takes them out with his gauss rifle.

Since Omegacorp has quite a few human ressource issues they decided to use their bioorganic cybernetically enhanced combat assistants as spotters. How his critter will look like and what special augmentations it received will be revealed when I started playing as Teladi after the wipe.

6. Archalieus

Archalieus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your work is fantastic. Here's another request:

[​IMG]

Dande (pet) on the left, Hirondelle (Human Female) on the right.

Dande uses the Dark Gravity Ball projectile attack.
    Hirondelle is wearing:
    Bandit Cap (Would've gone with the Pilot Goggles, but haven't found those yet...)
    Trainee Shirt
    Usurper's Pants

Playstyle tends toward high damage, single hit attacks. Currently using the Impervium Hammer, but i'd like to think it's the Maul from Red Faction.

I have some more referential material for the player character, if you're interested.

Drawing doesn't have to be as serious as your others (but if that's your style, feel free to carry on with what you're used to).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  7. divibyzero

divibyzero Orbital Explorer

Soulite I'm huge fan of your Starbound art-works! Just registered to point that out! Starbound has incredibly talented and helpful community ;)

I used your "Amestris and Spenny" picture for a thumbnail of a video on my YouTube channel. Hope you don't mind?

I'm too early in game to ask for drawing of my char (no pet yet or any unique stuff) but I hope you will still have requests open, when I'd be ready.

Noble Pigeon likes this.
  8. Noble Pigeon

Noble Pigeon Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, now I'm gonna be super famous! A damn shame though, Spenny just couldn't make it to stardom... :(

9. Phyrosite

Phyrosite Phantasmal Quasar

Nice art man. I would request, but i dont have access to my starbound at the moment.

10. Mikhaos

Mikhaos Pangalactic Porcupine

May I present to you my request. :D
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here is my human explorer/alien hunter John Eldritch and his pets Ghost, Atlas, and Rex respectively.
    They all use basic attacks such as body slam and charge, which actually makes for some useful combos.

Wearing tier 3 pioneer armor with survival system attachment
    Alternate costume is avian hatchling armor, hood with ears, and a magic scroll
    Uses Gravity Bubble Tech
    Prefers Sword and Gun for both range and melee attack

These guys are my first Galactic Rescue Squad.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Hawk Novablast likes this.
  11. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

OH MY GOD THEY ARE SOOOO ADORABLE! WHERE DID YOU FIND THEM?

12. Mikhaos

Mikhaos Pangalactic Porcupine

I found Atlas and Rex on Gamma 31 Aql 9336 II
    Coordinates:
    X > 45026104
    Y> -17447908
    It's a snow planet so be well prepared if your planning to get one of these guys.

As for Ghost, well I found him on a tentacle planet somewhere in the delta sector.
    To be honest I wasn't completely prepared for that planet, as soon as I got fuel I went FTL as soon as I could so didn't manage to get the coordinates.:cry: They are forever lost.

13. 1110Soulite

Added drawing Selena Ark With Shadow (Pinnacle form Power/Shield)
    [​IMG]

14. 1110Soulite

thats awesome!
    yeah, submit one when you can, maybe this next update where theirs hopefully no more permanent wipes ;3;

15. 1110Soulite

please do, I love making these, and I been getting way better at this =D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  16. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Once again I have been wowed. This is great!

17. 1110Soulite

haha I do my best, thanks =D

18. BBRyuLvl3

BBRyuLvl3 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome, simply awesome. Gonna use this as a background for my phone. Great job:D:up:

If you got time to do another request of mine i was wonder if you could do my character and pet
    again fighting off the Dragon king boss, I'd like to use it as a wallpaper for my pc, only if you got the time tho.

19. divibyzero

divibyzero Orbital Explorer

The wipe is coming, so I quickly managed to level up my char as well as capture a critter. I would like to remember them as my first Starbound characters, so immortalizing them in form of Art would be awesome ;)

I present you Hanna Solo and Racket as 'Snow Hunters' on Hoth-like planet ;) You've already drawn one piece in snow environment but I think this one could be interesting!

BTW. "Hanna" is real Polish female name

20. Phyrosite

Phyrosite Phantasmal Quasar

Ill request after the wipe~