Modding Help some problem with a dialog/crewmember.config patch

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Eralia, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

heres the stuff from the log
    Code:
    [14:55:29.439] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /dialog/crewmember.config:converse, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /dialog/crewmember.config

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /dialog/crewmember.config

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad array, should be ',' or ']' at 6:12

[14:55:29.701] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:162: (StarException) Lua Exception caught running action node sayToEntity in behavior crewmember: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua"]:18: (AssetException) Error loading asset /dialog/crewmember.config:converse

stack traceback:
    	[C]: in field 'assetJson'
    	[string "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua"]:18: in global 'loadDialog'
    	[string "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua"]:28: in global 'queryDialog'
    	[string "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua"]:109: in function <[string "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua"]:108>

stack traceback:
    	[C]: in ?
    	[C]: in method 'run'
    	[string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:162: in function <[string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:119>

and the patch file, which i cant find anything wrong with? but patch files are my worst enemy so there could be something there honestly
    (ignore the comment. im fully aware where its used now i just didnt do much with more than 2 crew members in a while oops)
    Code:
    [
    {
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/converse/angrybird",
    "value": [
     "default" : [
     "What are we up to?",
    //"Is this even used? Let me know if it is, I've only seen the penguin dialogue from this file actually used, and not anything from the other species.",
     "We work best as a team, let's do this!",
     "I'm really eager to work together with someone!"
     ]
    ]
    }
    ]
    i lost a potential crewmember entirely to the game just killing her for the patch not working so. please help
    i dont have the log from then, sorry, but combat.config.patch also just refused to work for some reason so if anyone knows what the issue is here too thatd be great
    Code:
    [
     {
     "op": "add",
     "path": "/attack",
      "value": {
       "angrybird" : {
        "default" : [
        "Caaaw!",
        "Aaahyeheha!",
        "Wahihii!",
        "Raaaa!",
        "Mena!!!",
    	"Hit 'em or something!"
        ]
       }
      }
     }
     //this refuses to work, i dont even know why because the log is not helping at all, so im just removing this entirely for the time being and leaving birds without species specific attack dialogue. just so other npcs dont die when they try to have combat dialogue. when this happens the log always complains about something in bmain.lua, and i dont know what the issue is beyond that at all so im just dropping it
    ]

( also um dont mind the fact that the species is angry birds )

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  2. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

does anyone still know the answer? its been a month now and i dont want to join any discord to get help on this because i have not had a favorable experience with the one discord i was in. and seeing this is kind of annoying
    [​IMG]

6:12 here is just... this? whats the issue?
    [​IMG]
    either that, or in a patched file, assuming the species name goes at the start of the species list, then 6:12 just highlights the species name and specifically in the middle of the name. so that cant be it

for the record ive had little to no issues getting converse.config.patch to work, the species have their own dialogue that works, and is formatted the same, so crewmember.config.patch should also work?
    [​IMG]
    i legit have no clue what the issue is so please help me out