1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Some love for the team and community.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CJx101, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJx101

CJx101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just really want you guys to know over there (while working your tails off), that those of us who are patiently waiting and don't want you guys and gals to be stressed, we are still here. Most of us have never left, we're just a little quieter than most.

I saw some of the stuff go down on the quick update thread and it was nasty. I think a lot of us need to calm down and remember that it's just a game and while we are all excited, they are still one of the best, most open and awesome developers out there, so we need to maybe cut them a little slack. Even if it seems like they screw up (no one is perfect).

We all want the beta, some of us want it a little sooner, some of us can wait. What we all need to keep in mind is that getting pissed, raging at each other and (especially) raging at the devs does not solve anything. They are a small team with a huge workload and most importantly... THEY ARE HUMAN. All that aside, this community is awesome and should keep on being awesome. Discuss, talk, laugh, post gifs, but mostly enjoy the fellowship that something so cool as a video game can bring.

To Tiy, Molly, Kyren, Omni, Bartwe, Rho, GeorgeV, Legris, Armagon and the rest of the team, you guys are awesome. Seriously. I've been here since roughly the third week after this game was announced. I'll be here for it's release. I really want to stress to you guys how much I appreciate your openness, your (usually when not stressed) friendly manners and your hard work. It's a rare thing to see these days and you guys rock for it. So keep on doing your thing!

Sincerely and most respectfully,

-CJ

K00L, NFossil, Jonesy and 1 other person like this.
  2. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Agreed. Whether we're patient or impatient, it doesn't matter. The game is going to come out when it comes out.

CJx101 likes this.
  3. CJx101

Indeed! :)

4. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

I said this in another thread and am posting here for being related to the conversation:

Hmn while it is well and good that people are giving thanks, it seems a lot of threads are popping up individually doing so.
    Maybe a thank-you sticky is in order?

At this point any time conversation picks up, it seems like one is made.

Pingeh likes this.
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I agree. Starbound will be a great game, and Chucklefish has done better than we could have asked them to. Sure, we have a few bad eggs around, demanding the beta NOW. But for the most part, I think we're doing fine. We just need to keep the faith a little longer.

And I thought this might be appropriate.

CJx101 likes this.
  6. Video Games

Video Games Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you used the search function, you would have found plenty other threads like this, not to mention how this is off topic as it isn't actual Starbound discussion. Spamming the hell out of the forum with this nonsense. Yeah, they're great, super. We don't need to make a thread every single time one someone wants to say it. Please familiarize yourself with the basic forum functions and rules.

Johan, Pingeh, Vanishing and 2 others like this.
  7. CJx101

A sticky is nice sure, but I don't really feel like going into one thread to post a response that will be drowned immediately by the 70+ other pages that will follow. And a glance at the 1st general discussion page does not indicate a surge in these types of thread. That being said, I felt it necessary to post my feelings on this matter and wouldn't have posted in a sticky thread. Up to others to take it or leave it.

Jonesy likes this.
  8. CJx101

Unless I'm mistaken and they somehow changed the definition of general for their forums, a general discussion forum is used for well... general discussion. And yes it is Starbound related as the devs are the one working on it and the community keeps the game alive. I'm sorry you didn't like my post, that's your right.

Edit: Since you edited, I will edit mine in response. There is nothing wrong with showing appreciation for someone or something. Just because you do not share my appreciation (I do not consider them perfect, I just get tired of people constantly ragging on them for minuscule and vastly trivial things) does not mean my appreciation should not be stated.

Echo and Jonesy like this.
  9. Skudge

Skudge Void-Bound Voyager

My love is like banana scented like a scratch n sniff sticker. Sticky and aromatic. HAW HAW!

But really, they're all a buncha cool cats. The coolest of cats.

CJx101 and Jonesy like this.
  10. Video Games

Man, it isn't even about that. It's about the spam. You don't see me approving of the constant threads about how things have supposedly gone sour, do you? They're both wack as hell. Focus your resources. Use the search function, consolidate discussion, keep things in order. That's what it's about.

Pingeh likes this.
  11. CJx101

Even if you got 90% of the forum-goers to do that, the forums would never be organized. It's nothing personal, really, not trying to make anyone's job harder or piss anyone off, but I don't think me bringing some week old thread back to life with my appreciation is any different than just posting a new one. I suppose just ignore my thread if it bothers you that much. :/

12. Skudge

Skudge Void-Bound Voyager

Sad days when dev appreciation is considered spam by party poopers.

Keep the poop in the toilet.

13. Video Games

Yeah no, the devs are great and all, I'm with you on that one. But you posted in a thread, on the front page, about the same exact topic, not even an hour ago. You crazy.

Vanishing likes this.
  14. CJx101

Yes I am. No argument there. :)

15. mxpsych

mxpsych Subatomic Cosmonaut

Moderators automatically lock/merge Beta Release Date threads into the sticky and give warnings to people who make duplicate threads.

Why is the newest craze of thank-you threads any different? Shouldn't you be held to the same standard? Or even a higher standard since you're such a loyal fan! :p

Pingeh likes this.
  16. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

They should be but they won't because the devs like these threads.

17. mxpsych

mxpsych Subatomic Cosmonaut

That's okay, though, because loyal fans (who are inherently better than disgruntled fans) will moderate themselves and conform to forum rules regarding duplicate/redundant threads! Right? ;D

18. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well we can hope i guess ;P

cyberspyXD likes this.
  19. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

To be honest I liked these threads at first but now its excessive. Also I always feel like they are subtly insulting everyone who had a problem.

EDIT: Irony this appeared when I posted

This forum is for general discussion about Starbound. If you want to discuss something in general that does not have to do with Starbound (or any poor attempt to make something irrelevant relate to Starbound in the slightest possible way), please do so in the offtopic chat forum. Posts regarding the release date of the beta should be contained to this thread. Thank you.

I think this should be in chat

Pingeh, Vanishing and SPOOKS80 like this.
  20. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

Same as the beta threads, I think this kind of posts should have a unified thread as well.

SPOOKS80, Pingeh and cyberspyXD like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.