1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So, what do the elements actually do on weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Doublejho, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Doublejho

Doublejho Existential Complex

I've looked and looked but I can't find a reliable source as to what elements actually do on weapons, especially concerning the element that looks like an ice cube on my new axe.

It doesn't seem to slow them down, nor does it deal damage over time. What DOES it do?

FloomRide and MysticMalevolence like this.
  2. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

It makes the damage numbers blue.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

As of right now, I don't believe they do anything.
    Most likely change with the combat update.

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

It would be cool if resistances played a role in attack numbers from mobs and pcs.

5. The | Suit

Resistance does play a partial role - though not toward weapons as of yet.
    Certain monster profiles are resistant to their planets environmental profile.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  6. Ding ding ding. They're getting expanded upon for the Combat update.

7. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Im not sure what lightning actually does, but ice puts a slow debuf on the target and fire... lights them on fire for a short while. Same with poison, but the dot s are very brief. In my opinion ice is nice.

8. Doublejho

Doublejho Existential Complex

I had a really nice ice crossbow (did high damage, and the slow made landing successive bolts easy) but ice bolts on crossbows don't count as hunting bolts for some reason, unlike fire and poison.

9. The | Suit

You should probably try reporting that as a bug, since it might have been an oversight.