1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So how screwed are humans?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Noble Pigeon, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ReverendBonobo

ReverendBonobo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

There just aren't enough schoolgirls in Japan to satisfy a tentacle monster that big.

Banished likes this.
  2. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

As an American, I can probably relate to this. The United States was originally formed when a bunch of British colonies were fed up with increasing taxation without being represented in British government. They decided to fight for their independence, won, and have since become their own nation. I'd imagine that the colonies beyond Earth were likewise growing tired of being exploited by a stagnant Earth with little in return, so some of them thought "good riddance" when hearing about Earth's destruction.

Banished likes this.
  3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Considering that their planet was taken over by a giant tentacle monster, I would say that humans are "anime screwed."

This could be a great storyline for a later patch: implement "Earth" as a planet that consists almost entirely of a large dungeon, or as a place for a boss fight to unlock a tier.

But, there should be a debuff or disadvantage if the player is female and wears a skirt.

4. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Humans as a species are fine. EARTH is screwed.

5. AwkwardDan

AwkwardDan Space Hobo

Filthy humans, Giltch will reign supreme

6. ThePenguinNich

ThePenguinNich Big Damn Hero

The penguins were obviously already above the intelligence of the humans, and they were just chilling here on Earth. Then Mr. Tentacle Monster Man started wrecking stuff and the penguins just left like "Ok bai".

7. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Filthy robots, with no actual conciousness

8. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Chilling. :iswydt:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  9. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

10. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe the penguins used earth as their base? After a couple of months or killing every person that decides to make a distress beacon, they take some time out on earth. Granted, now they will have to find another inhabited planet to crash on.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Alaster likes this.
  11. Herrawesome

Herrawesome Space Penguin Leader

I will visit naught but ruination and destruction on the mishappened farce you call a species, xenos scum!

12. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

YES, MY BROTHER
    WE OF THE EMPERORS CHILDREN SHALL FOREVER REIGN SUPREME MORALLY, OVER THESE........... XENOS
    THEY ARE NOT EVEN XENOS.
    THEY ARE IMPUDENT CREATIONS WITH NO RESPECT OF LIFE
    THEY MUST BE REMOVED

13. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]

14. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

*Several Warhound Titans pop out of nowhere*
    Creed heretic.
    Creed
    *BLAM*

15. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

16. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

Sure, a good portion of the earth was probably killed, but it sounds like earth was merely one place of many that humans lived in. They had probably spread about the universe by the time that happened, and so the destruction of earth merely just destroyed 'the jewel of the human empire'. The starting place from wence all the humans cam.

17. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Really.
    Really now.

Obviously you have never read/played/heard of Warhammer 40k, which is what I and the guy I quoted are referencing.

And aren't you the people person.

18. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I feel going back on Earth, though I have to make the regular humans and their anime-looking offshoot (Ningens) work together!

(Time to build S.S. Sayaka Miki, an ark-like battleship)

19. Herrawesome

Herrawesome Space Penguin Leader

Abhor the mutant!

20. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

You wanted a ONE WORLD or rather a ONE UNIVERSE MOVEMENT, right? Well, we could still use them for our needs, Human.