1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So how screwed are humans?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Noble Pigeon, Jan 15, 2014.

1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

In fairness that's because humanoids were the Avali's tentacle beast equivalent that ravaged their homeworld,

If humans later encountered another tentacle beast, they probably wouldn't welcome it with open arms or allow it to slither around their settlements either. In fact, I'd wager, double or nothing, that humans wouldn't even go that far, but nuke it from orbit on principle :p

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  2. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

Heh, hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

3. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

I know. Still, I would have to be really nasty to, say, go around saying to Holocaust survivors "Where'd I put my tiny violin?" or asking 9/11 survivors "How's the weather? Cloudy with a chance of airplanes?"
    The shopkeepers are polite. The guards are cold, but not rude. Everyone else kind of comes off as a jerk.
    Plus, unlike tentacle beasts, you can talk to humans.

(I suppose this is realistic, really, from a modding standpoint. They're still jerks.)

Edit: oh yeah, and I'd wager that the Avalon incident was all Herrawesome's doing anyway, and they're blaming innocents.

4. Intellectus

Intellectus Aquatic Astronaut

Honestly, from what I've seen in my games, 99.999% of humanity is dead and all that's left are a bunch of crazy people flying around in ships or sobbing quietly in holes in the ground cuddled up to assault weaponry. When your species' first reaction to see other members of its kind is opening up with an assault rifle while shrieking "DIE FASTER!", you're probably on the way out.

Hawk Novablast and RyuujinZERO like this.
  5. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Well, this thread escalated to intergalactic genocide pretty quickly...
    Most of the humans have gone completely sane. That's the worst thing that could possibly happen.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  6. YeBittenDog

YeBittenDog Aquatic Astronaut

I am Humans...

7. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm pretty sure Dio Brando caused the tentacles to happen in Japan.