1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So about teh vehicle design?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zaba35, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

i heard a tad bit about mechs/space ships is it true you can build your own vessels and your own combat mechs?

2. Formed_Zeus

Formed_Zeus Void-Bound Voyager

No Clue. If I could, I would want to build a Moon Rover with spike-embedded tires to run mobs over. You know, cause the first thing humans do on another planet is kill all the living creatures in sight in horribly morbid ways.

Zaba35 likes this.
  3. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I'm expecting you will be able to, to some extent. My thought of it is: You get blueprints for the model and parts of the mech, then you put the blueprints and required parts for them into a special crafting area and you can make it.

Zaba35 likes this.
  4. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Zaba35 likes this.
  5. writeMotif

writeMotif Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The markings on a vehicle in one of the iconic game screenshots ("DEATH FROM ABOVE"), coupled with the statement that you can paint weapons and armor (I can't remember if it's both, but I think it is) makes me believe there'll at least be some cosmetic change one can do to vehicles in something like the same way. Logically I doubt they'll force everyone who uses that vehicle to have it display "DEATH FROM ABOVE", just for that example. Perhaps painting different colors? I am curious about decals as well, but having not seen or read of how the animation will work beyond that cool walker thing (which seemed to have consistency in the individual parts; this is hopefully indicative of support for adding decals on specific parts), I have no idea if that's even possible.

EDIT: Ah, whoops, looks like this was actually addressed:

Zaba35 likes this.
  6. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

It better be true, or else I will be out of a job.
    Explanation: My role in the Origins clan is leader of the group dedicated to Mech/Tech Building and maintenance.

In any case, even if you can't build them, you can definitely HAVE them. At least one has been confirmed so far.

Zaba35 likes this.
  7. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

even repainting a vehicle would be fine with me, but since its someones dream game you never know hell add :D

8. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

also just being able to slap a different gun on would be cool.

9. I'd totally stick wheels on a potato and everyone will be jelly of my sweet ride.

Zaba35 likes this.
  10. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

[​IMG]

With the random generation system I would not be surprised.

Naga likes this.
  11. Naga

Naga Aquatic Astronaut

Potato vehicles? I approve.

Zaba35 likes this.
  12. spygabriel3968

spygabriel3968 Void-Bound Voyager

My vehicle would be a soccer ball... I would just need a giant soccer player and BAM, instant vehicle to go around the whole globe

Zaba35 likes this.
  13. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

It's too early to say whether there will be any sort of customization such as customized parts, skins, or even colors. All we can say for sure at the moment is that there will indeed be mecs, ships, and hoverbikes you can ride (and most likely build).

Zaba35 likes this.
  14. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Honestly, addressing this doesn't seem like something of top priority. I could live if I wouldn't be able to visually customize my machine all that much. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that if you couldn't customize your mech/hoverbike/vehicle/whatever (which I'm pretty sure you could, to some extent), there would be someone who would come up with a mod for that.

15. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

I personally would like a red and black hovertank the size of the moon.

imgres-6.jpeg imgres-7.jpeg OH YEAH

Zaba35 likes this.
  16. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

at least there is one confirmed, im gonna ride in it and stompin' all da aliens.

17. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

What I think vehicle customization will be like is that there will be basic customization options like colors and such, and there will also be upgrades to the vehicle's performance. As for building your own from scratch (or close to scratch), even though I would love that, I have my doubts. As I said, this is just what I think (and hope) vehicles will be like in SB.

18. Deven

Deven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think you can paint weapons, mechs and armor but im not sure about Full customization. Like were you can get blue prints for different tires, frames, engines and put them on a vehicle :rainbow:. It would be cool if you can armor pets... I would deck out my :poptop: *poptop* with armor and give it weapons of mass destructions :mwahaha:

Zaba35 likes this.
  19. TheMurumasa

TheMurumasa Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As far as I know, these are the only controllable vehicles that have been revealed so far, and I am sure they said something about big ass crafting trees.

20. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

I can't wait for trees! But they take so long to grow :cry:
    Lame jokes aside I really do hope there will be vehicle customization.
    I need a blue and red polka dot hover bike with a rocket launcher attached.

Zaba35 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.