Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957: Normally it should open a separate terminal at that point, or at least open the game. I'm guessing neither of those happens?

• dipiie

dipiie Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so sorry about my ignorance. I thought your update was aimed at the beta.

• nirasa1957

Yes, you are right. Nothing happens.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@dipiie: SMAPI is the mod loader, and CJB Cheats Menu is one mod that uses it. The CJB Cheats Menu will be updated via its Nexus page, it won't be announced here. :)

@nirasa1957: Can you try running ./StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64 in a terminal from your game folder?

• nirasa1957

Yes.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957: Perfect. That's already fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 1.9-beta.12. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9-beta.12 is now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows! (See attached.)

Release highlights:
                  • For players:
                    • Fixed some mods crashing when the day ends due to a change in Stardew Valley 1.2.
                    • Fixed some Linux/Mac users seeing "Could not load file or assembly System.Management" errors.
                    • Fixed game window title no longer showing SMAPI version.
                  • For modders:
                    • Added a ContentEvents.AfterLocaleChanged event triggered when the content language changes.
                    • Added texture patching to the content API for the ContentEvents.AssetLoading event. (The content API will be part of SMAPI 2.0, and is available now for feedback and testing only. It's marked experimental and may change at any time, so it shouldn't be used in released mods.)
                  Caveats:
                  • This is for Stardew Valley 1.2.13+ beta only; it won't work with earlier versions.
                  • Some mods will still need an update, though SMAPI will automatically fix many of them.
                  This is a release candidate. If you see errors (not counting "Skipped <mod name> because it isn't compatible with the latest version of the game" errors), post your error log! :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
                  • nirasa1957

Yes, yes. It's work :)

Pathoschild likes this.
                    • HinataAkiama

HinataAkiama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Every time I boot up Stardew, I get this error? I was playing it fine yesterday, but I updated my graphics card and shut down the comp for the night, and it doesn't work all of a sudden? Any help would be lovely D:

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@HinataAkiama: your game is crashing deep in the audio code when it tries to create an array. Maybe it's an issue with your sound drivers? Unfortunately I don't think I can help, since I haven't seen that error before and it's not caused by SMAPI.

• HinataAkiama

HinataAkiama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know what mod caused this then! For anyone else who may have had a problem like this, the mod Mythic Music caused it, specifically the 1.1 update one. Thank you so much for the help @Pathoschild

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
                            Pathoschild likes this.
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Note: The current SMAPI beta (1.9-beta.12) should work fine with today's Stardew Valley 1.2.14 release. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

pvmambembe likes this.
                            • fengfeng1992

fengfeng1992 Void-Bound Voyager

• Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have an oddity to report! I see to only be able to play one day at a time. The first day I can sleep, it'll save, and everything's fine, but the second day I try to sleep, the game just closes. I'm not sure what's causing it (I've only put in a couple XNB mods, not SMAPI mods since downloading the update for SMAPI), but thought I ought to say something.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• syq199688

syq199688 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I cannot even install the SMAPI. Is this because of my comptuter or something else? After this window, the installer will just stop working. Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Merryberry

Merryberry Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah! That's how you find that! I was searching and drawing a complete blank, thank you! Here's the error log in .txt from the crash the other day. (Haven't played since, because the oddities of the crash make it difficult TO play...)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Merryberry: It seems to be a bug in the Part of the Community mod. I suggest opening a bug ticket on the mod page with a link to the error log so the author can look into it.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.