Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobthesavior

jacobthesavior Void-Bound Voyager

Getting this when I try to run it?

Stardew.png

• Kriogenic

Kriogenic Intergalactic Tourist

Ahhh that is very true, handling that stuff in AfterLoad and AfterSave is a great fix I completely overlooked. Thanks a lot for your help.

@jacobthesavior Are you running the beta? the most recent update to this tool is for the beta which is up at the moment for the game. It will not run AFAIK with the non beta version.

• Wasber

Wasber Space Hobo

Same with mine

Attached Files:

• ironlion45

ironlion45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your crashes are due to the beta. Smapi, and most smapi mods, isn't updated for it yet.

• jacobthesavior

jacobthesavior Void-Bound Voyager

I'm running the most updated version from steam. Is there a way to get my game back to where itll work?

And my SMAPI is the 1.9 beta.8 file.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Got a REALLY weird error while fishing last night. macOS Sierra, SDV 1.11, SMAPI 1.8. Can anyone figure this out? Right now I suspect it has to do with Instant Fishing, but it's never happened before while using that mod. Happened while fishing in the Ocean over bubbles in summer of year 2, if that helps.

Attached Files:

• nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

SMAPI 1.9-beta.8 works.
                It works:
                CJB Show Item Sell Price v1.6
                GiftTasteHelper v2.3.1
                NPC Map Locations Mod v1.4.5
                SkipIntro v1.5
                LookupAnything v1.11-beta, but: [06:08:11 ERROR LookupAnything] Something went wrong checking for a newer version:

It not works:
                Chest Anywhere 1.9. beta

Stardew Valley 1.2.9. beta
                LinuxMint 18

Pathoschild likes this.
                • unoprata

unoprata Void-Bound Voyager

With the new betas (SDV 1.2.9 and SMAPI 1.9-beta.8) I'm getting this error when I try to buy an animal:
                  Code:
                  [08:34:43 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentNullException: Valor não pode ser nulo. (VALUE CAN NOT BE NULL - in English)
                  Nome do parâmetro (PARAMETER NAME - in English): value
                     em System.String.IndexOf(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, StringComparison comparisonType)
                     em StardewValley.Menus.PurchaseAnimalsMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
                     em StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                     em StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                     em StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) na D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:linha 313
                  Edit: Just checked without SMAPI, and the issue happens also without it, so, it's probably a bug with the new SDV beta...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
                  • sumisommer1993

sumisommer1993 Space Hobo

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ooooh FFS! >_< Did they really go and revert that back to a field? just wonderful! >_>

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@jacobthesavior @Wasber @sumisommer1993: That's strange. Can you come chat on Discord to help us look into it?

That error is often caused by outdated game files or XNB mods that weren't updated for the latest versions of the game. You can try verifying the game integrity in Steam to reset your game files to normal (this will remove any XNB mods you have).

That's a known bug in the latest Stardew Valley beta; hopefully they'll fix it in the next version. :)

• springacres

It may have been an outdated mod, actually. I discovered after that that one of the SMAPI mods I was using was updated that day (right around the time I got the error, actually) so it could be that SMAPI detected the update while I was playing, and the black screen was the result. It hasn't happened since.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@springacres No idea; SMAPI doesn't check for mod updates. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@jacobthesavior @Wasber @sumisommer1993: I found the issue*. You probably have Stardew Valley 1.11 (not the beta), and should use SMAPI 1.8 instead. :)

(*Because of a change in the latest Stardew Valley beta, SMAPI always sees the game version as 1.2.9. I'll release an update soon to fix that.)

• springacres

It might also have been an XNB issue. I did end up removing the XNB mod I'd installed most recently, and that seems to have fixed it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9-beta.9 is now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows!

This release mainly...
                                • fixes how SMAPI checks the game version to account for changes in Stardew Valley 1.2.9 beta;
                                • simplifies the messages shown when loading mods;
                                • includes some internal refactoring.
                                Caveats:
                                • This is for Stardew Valley 1.2.9+ beta only; it won't work with earlier versions.
                                • Some mods will still need an update, though SMAPI will automatically fix many of them.
                                This is a release candidate. If you see errors (not counting "Skipped <mod name> because it isn't compatible with the latest version of the game" errors), post your error log! :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
                                • sumisommer1993

The file does not close window closes without error.........Better i create hack with cheat engine

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Note: SMAPI is not compatible with the latest Stardew Valley 1.2.10 beta. I'll release another update soon. :)

• sumisommer1993

oki :)

Where you can actually see the exact version stardew valley?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

From the title screen, click the question mark button in the bottom-right corner:
                                        upload_2017-2-24_12-42-25.png

The version will be shown in the bottom-left corner:
                                        upload_2017-2-24_12-43-39.png

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.