Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

2. Lil Crim

Lil Crim Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild huh somewhat it works (the 1.7), but trying the 1.8 now

• Lil Crim

Lil Crim Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild child k i thought wrong... after i pressed 1 and enter this happens... (1.7 and 1.8)

upload_2017-2-6_16-11-15.png

upload_2017-2-6_16-11-40.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lil Crim Try this:
        1. Open the 1.8 installer again.
        2. Make the window bigger (so all the text is visible).
        3. Run the installer.
        4. Post a screenshot, and make sure the top window isn't covering the text in the black window.

• Stilesy

Stilesy Void-Bound Voyager

I tried to open Stardew as usual. I open it via Desktop shortcut but it starts Steam AND API. It worked perfectly fine so far.

When it started opening the app now I noticed that it was uploading Steam and then Stardew itself. Unfortunately after that I only get an error message. Here is what it says regardless if I open it from folder, steam or shortcut:
          [​IMG]

My Stardew Version needs to be 1.11 since it automatically updated itself via Steam and this is the current Steam version.

I couldn't find an info on my API version, so I wanted to update it just to be sure. The problem is I can't. Apparently I cannot even deinstall it. Here is what happens no matter which number I give the app:
          [​IMG]
          German Text says:
          StardewModdingAPI.installer doesn't work anymore. The program wasn't running properly. The program was closed and you will be informed as soon as a solution is found.

I don't know what to do. :( This way I cannot play the game at all.

Edit:
          I checked the Stardew game files for errors via steam. 31 files were wrong and got corrected. Still couldn't open the game (same error as above).

But I could uninstall SMAPI now and see what happens if I reinstall it.

SO! Everything is working again!
          I keep this post for others with this problem. Check the game for file errors via steam (right click on the game-> "options" -> "game files" -> search files for errors). Then you can uninstall the old SMAPI, reinstall the new version and everything works again.

Edit2:
          Unfortunately All my graphical mods were overwritten.... You can change the graphics again. If you want it easier save the graphic folder before you repair the files and you can overrwite them in one go.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
          • zidanreign

zidanreign Void-Bound Voyager

Might I suggest you use Stardew Valley Package Manager for installing mods? It can also install SMAPI for you. It makes backups automatically of the files your mods will touch and will restore them if you remove the mods.

Manual Overwrites are a nightmare, virtual installations are where it's at.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Is the Package Manager multi-platform or Windows only?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Stardew Valley 1.2 beta is now available on Steam. Many SMAPI mods may break with this release; the upcoming SMAPI 1.9 release will add official support, and possibly rewrite old mods so they work. SMAPI 1.9 should be released a bit after Stardew Valley 1.2 is officially released.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9-beta1 is now available! This adds experimental support for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta; see release notes for more details.

Caveats:
                  • This is for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta only; it won't work with earlier versions. If you're not on the Steam beta channel, you shouldn't use this version.
                  • This is the first version for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta, so bugs are likely.
                  • This build is Windows-only, since I don't have a Linux version of Stardew Valley 1.2 beta yet. (It should work fine if you compile the source code on Linux/Mac though.)
                  • Some mods won't work yet. Although SMAPI itself is compatible, many mods will need to be updated for the changes in Stardew Valley 1.2. In upcoming builds, SMAPI may automatically adjust some mods so they work without needing an update.
                  If you're okay with these caveats, feel free to try it! Let me know how it goes and post your SMAPI logs. Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
                  • nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great! I hope that will work without any problems also linux ;-)

• dralak

dralak Void-Bound Voyager

Error Starting SMAPI 1.9 Beta

upload_2017-2-8_11-15-34.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@dralak That's expected. The NPC Map Locations mod hasn't been updated for Stardew Valley 1.2 yet, so it doesn't work. SMAPI doesn't rewrite older mods for compatibility yet.

• Zisarawr

Zisarawr Space Hobo

Had to make an account just to get on here and post about my issue. I just started modding SDV after a break from the game. I downloaded SMAP 1.8 official release, clicked install, got an install error. No problem, I've heavily modded Skyrim, this is a piece of cake, it even has a manual install option. Manually install it, go about putting in mods. Easy peasy. Go to launch the API, get the same error. What? Why? Clearly I've done something wrong, so I take out all the mods, the API itself, and start from scratch. I manually install the API again, try to launch, no, same launch issue. I come here, download 1.9 and install the SDV 1.2 beta. STILL the same problem. It's an instant launch error telling me the program has stopped working telling me it's a System.MissingMethodException. I'll post the screenshot below. I can't make it any bigger because the program instantly becomes unresponsive the moment it launches. It gives me no time to do anything. I've tried reinstalling SDV, having Steam check for invalid files, etc. Game launches fine without the API, but I can't actually install the API because of this error. Would appreciate some sort of insight as to what I could try to fix this issue, as it's very frustrating considering how small and simple these mods are and I can't use them because the API refuses to actually install at all regardless of what I do. Error.jpg

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Zisarawr

Zisarawr Space Hobo

Thanks for the quick reply! I didn't even think that could have been the issue, but turns out it was. Install couldn't find my game path but manual worked fine! :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Well, I am prepared to push out a ton of updates once 1.2 releases! :p

• antiqq

antiqq Space Spelunker

When you release version for beta update

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Mods need to be updated for 1.2, so SMAPI availability is mostly irrelevant, use 1.11 release....

• zidanreign

zidanreign Void-Bound Voyager

I don't use a Mac so I wouldn't know, but it's probably Windows-Only unless the author can compile a Mac/Linux Version for it.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.