RELEASED [SMAPI] Seasonal Immersion 1.12.0

A more seasonal farm at only $49,99! (Without VAT)

1. Coruscating

Coruscating Space Spelunker

I have a feeling this will end up being a silly mistake on my part but I've done a bit of troubleshooting and can't figure out what the problem is. :confused: It fails to load either of the content packs I tried. I attached a copy of the log. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Oh wow, this is actually even more awesome looking then the current vanilla content pack! (It is bundled into the dll, but I accidentally broke it in the latest version, woopsie :p)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No clue what is going wrong there.... I am uploading a fixed version anyhow for the build-in content pack having broken, so see if that new version works.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

wert700 likes this.
        • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I've been working on the seasonal craftables flower part for this mod from time to time, I'm looking for suggestions!
          Primarily I'm looking for red/orange and blue/purple flowers to add and a white flower to replace the ?????? one.

[​IMG]

kimberly6979 likes this.
          • Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I think I replied on your tumblr about daisies just a few minutes ago, but I just recently birthed an Animal Crossing thought bubble: different variations of cosmos would be cool. They seem simple-ish sprite-wise and they come in different colors!

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like cosmos, they could be good for the tub o flower ^^

• ZeroInfinity

ZeroInfinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's pretty late at my end and I have no idea how to generate a log, but I can read the command prompt that pops alongside and tell you what I found through semi-intensive bugtesting.

Basically, the problem was, if I used this mod and Shenandoah Acres (potentially more custom farms as well, I have no idea) originally with Elle's Seasonal content pack but tested to occur with none, after I planted and watered a crop, then went to the next day, walking over the soil the crop was planted in would crash. The particular error, copied verbatim:

Code:
                [22:31:29 ERROR SMAPI] An error occurred in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to instance of an object.
                     at StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt.doCollisionAction(Rectangle positionOfCollider, Int32 speedOfCollision, Vector2 tileLocation, Character who, GameLocation location
                     at StardewValley.GameLocation.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character, Boolean pathfinding, Boolean projectile, Boolean ignoreCharacterRequirement)
                     at StardewValley.Locations.BuildableGameLocation.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character, Boolean pathfinding, Boolean projectile, Boolean ignoreCharacterRequirement)
                     at StardewValley.Farm.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character, Boolean pathfinding, Boolean projectile, Boolean ignoreCharacterRequirement))
                     at StardewValley.GameLocation.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character)
                     at StardewValley.Farmer.MovePosition(GameTime time, Rectangle viewport, GameLocation currentLocation)
                     at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateCharacters(GameTime time)
                     at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\Source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 334
                Backdating to version 1.2.5 Mono fixed the issue, however. It's strange as hell and I have no idea at all what to tell you, it's nearly entirely Greek to me. I knew enough to track down the problem and hand it to someone more qualified.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That error has absolutely nothing to do with SeasonalImmersion, all this mod does is replace textures, the error you posted is about a null reference in HoeDirt, a place my mod doesnt even come near....

• ZeroInfinity

ZeroInfinity Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, that's why I thought it was really strange it popped up with just this and Shenandoah, and backdating or uninstalling the mod fixed it. I have literally no idea. I would guess that technically hoe dirt falls under the seasonal sprites from this mod, maybe? But if you say it's got nothing to do with it, it's probably some kind of extremely strange edge case error.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I just finished my edits for the seasonal immersion, and for some reason it's not working... Here's the error log and my zip

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Your zip looks like this: ContentPack.zip/ContentPack/...
                        It should look like this: ContentPack.zip/...
                        (Where ... is each of the 4 seasonal directories)

• HopeWasHere

Oh, so a dumb mistake on my part ^^;
                          Thanks so much

• Ganesh4

Ganesh4 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, is this normal to get debug "Attempting to update seasonal textures..." every few minutes? here's my log file if you need it

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you are leaving/entering the farm a lot, then yes, seasonal textures need to update each time you enter the farm in case you placed down a new building since you last visited the farm :p

• HopeWasHere

I've got a question, I'm using the tractor mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/gameplay-mod-tractor-mod.126955/ and I'm editing the building so that when it's next to the stable it looks like one big garage. I made all of the seasonal files for both the stable and the "TractorHouse" but only the stable is changing (as it should). Is there a way to make this mod compatible or am I just out of luck?

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Add a file called TractorHouse.xnb to your Content/Buildings folder, it will tell SeasonalImmersion to look for a `TractorHouse.png` file in each season folder, and a `TractorHouse` building to perform texture replacement on.
                                  No guarantee this will work perfectly though, if the mod author does not use the texture property that is inherent to the Building class, then the replacement has no effect.

Minakie likes this.
                                  • HopeWasHere

Yeah, didn't seem to work... Is there a way to change the texture property?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I checked the mod code for the tractor mod, and the issue is that the buildingType has a space in it, so rather then using "TractorHouse" you need to use "Tractor House" as the name :)

Minakie likes this.
                                      • HopeWasHere

Perfect! Works like a charm now :)

Attached Files: