RELEASED [SMAPI] Seasonal Immersion 1.12.0

A more seasonal farm at only $49,99! (Without VAT)

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Let me know if you want the solution

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

What is that shameless tease? xD

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

You could use this if you wanted to apply changes on current location:
        Game1.currentLocation.IsOutdoors

If you wanted to loop through and apply changes on game load so that changes are applied once per game load (or seasonal change):
        Game1.locations
        StardewValley.Locations.BuildableGameLocation

I haven't read your prior posts so I may be out of context.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I could do that yes, but then comes the issue of "should indoors use default or its own seasonal version", and that is just the first one >_<

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

the seasonal version has to be applied by you? If your condition states that it is indoors, you don't apply your seasonal version?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You do know the seasonal version is applied as a global, and not as a local right? I would have to replace the texture each time the player goes from inside to outside or vice-versa, and that takes into question if there should be a seasonal version for indoors next to the seasonal outdoors texture....

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

If I am not mistaken, you are creating new textures for craftables (chests/kegs/etc) that will be applied depending on the game's season?

And you were thinking about a solution to the post someone made about making sure that their craftables don't have snow on them if they're indoors
                (Or in other words, craftables indoors arn't affected by seasonal changes)?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Kind of, I am not making the textures, I am making the code to dynamically replace the textures, and while I could update the craftables textures each time the location changes easily, the real question is "Should there be a seasonal outdoor craftables only, or should there also be a seasonal indoors craftables", and if the answer is yes, the question becomes "How do we handle 2 different sets of essentially the same texture in a efficient manner" :p

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Okay I see what you mean; let me know what you end up doing :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok everyone, I've decided to add craftables seasonal support for both outdoor and indoor, as separate features.
                      This means, if there is a `Craftables_outdoor.png` in all 4 season folders, outdoor craftables will be seasonal, if not, outdoor craftables will be the default
                      At the same time, if there is a `Craftables_indoor.png` in all 4 season folders, indoor craftables will be seasonal, if not, indoor craftables will be the default

In short, I am treating indoor craftables and outdoor craftables as 2 separate things, even though they technically are not :p
                      Unless someone has a better idea how to do it, I will be releasing 1.4 of SeasonalBuildings soon, I might call it SeasonalImmersion though, since it now isnt *just* buildings anymore, and the name needs a update :p

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Totally called it 2 pages ago. :p

Harzelora likes this.
                        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No you didnt, you said Seasonal Content, not Seasonal Immersion :p

Edit: I also updated the first post with a description on how to setup content packs, so people can know easier!

Harzelora likes this.
                          • junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

This mod is coming along so great!! Could you update the first post with a link to my buildings as well, Ento?

Harzelora likes this.
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Added, completely forgot about that one! :p

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This means you can't have both png's (indoors AND outdoors) for all 4 seasons working at the same time?
                                Cause if not I wont have to make potted versions of my flowers for indoors lol

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

From what I understood, you can have different versions. You just need to name the .png "Craftables_indoor" and "Craftables_outdoor". :)

I want the next supported file to be the "towninterior", so that I can make seasonal changes for the fireplace.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you have both the outdoor and indoor version, then the outdoor version is used outdoor, and the indoor version is used indoor.
                                    If you only have one, then that one is used in the correct situation, and the default is used in the other.
                                    If you have neither, then the default is always used :p

That is a tilesheet, I would have to add a dependency to EntoFramework in order to let you edit that one :(

eemie likes this.
                                    • simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Once this mod is installed can it not be removed? I wanted a change of buildings, which were done the old way of replacing the .xnb files, so I removed your mod and started the game up. The command window scrolled red text past, showing that it was still trying to load your mod that no longer was there. What can I do now? Is my saved game hosed?

Also, I upgraded to SMAPI 1.3, but I may revert that as well and go back to SMAPI-0.40.1.1-3. I am not sure that it is playing nice with the rest of my mods. If it cannot be made backwards compatible, then I do not want to use it. I just got my game like I wanted it. So, two of my just installed mods that use the newer SMAPI will have to go.

Update: Just reverted to SMAPI-0.40.1.1-3 and there were no errors loading the game. Question is, why was SMAPI-1.3 trying to load Seasonal Buildings? The folder is there, but there are no files to load in it (they are all in a zip file). Anyway, looking at the attached error log, the newer SMAPI has too many issues. Not ready for Prime Time in my opinion. Needs to be backwards compatible if they want people to use it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
                                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

SMAPI 1.3 is backwards compatible, a lot of old code has been deprecated, but not removed.
                                        Further, you will quickly end up not being able to use new mods at all, as all new mods will be written for the newest SMAPI.

Edit: The error you see is SMAPI telling you that there is a folder called SeasonalBuildings without a manifest.json inside it, the issue people can have grasping that is already known and will be changed in 1.4 to be more clear and simply report that you have a non-mod folder rather then the error it shows now.

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well then, I will just have to continue with my current old mods until things become more stable. SMAPI-1.3 was working very wonky in my game, for example, Loved Labels continued with my cursor all through town and did not go away until I returned to my farm. If it does it with that mod, what else is it going to mess with? And not overlooking a folder with nothing in it, or at least not the files it is looking for, should be handled more elegantly. Just bad programming in my opinion. If there is nothing in it then there is nothing to report. I frequently turn mods on and off that way. Much easier than having to remember the name of the mod and go looking for it and installing it all over again when you want to turn it back on.

Edit: The Loved Labels problem exists in the older SMAPI as well. It was just unfortunate that it happened for the first time to me at a time that I was super-critically looking at the SMAPI-1.3's performance after having errors scroll by. I still will wait for a newer version to be released because I do not like seeing any errors appear in the command window since I have previously lost a saved game that never recovered due to an error. Back then, I did not watch the command window because it always loaded behind the game, so I was not aware of errors happening until a rare problem occurred in the game. Now, I pull it out and monitor it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016