RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. KatGamer

KatGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is not showing me the season on crops, only on seeds.

• Sotales

Sotales Space Hobo

Same for me on the late reply. I think it's a few things on my end that may make it harder to tell the difference. I'm playing on a 40" TV as a monitor for my PC and also using the program F.Lux which changes the color temp of my screen based on time of day. I think a different color, maybe red, for items you don't have would make it easier. Or maybe just make it a thicker font like Abigail's name.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• slpmonkey

slpmonkey Space Hobo

Hi! This is the first mod I've ever downloaded. I followed the directions and downloaded everything (I have a mac) and now when I run the game, Terminal opens up first, loads SMAPI, says "loaded 1 mods." but when I go into the game, nothing is happening when I hover and press F1. Not sure what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• LadyC

LadyC Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I am getting this error when trying to load the mod on Mac, in the GOG version:

[04:49:06.554 PM] Created psconfigs directory @/Users/christina/Documents/Stardew/Stardew Valley.app/Contents/MacOS/Mods/LookupAnything/psconfigs
          [04:49:06.560 PM] Failed to load mod '/Users/christina/Documents/Stardew/Stardew Valley.app/Contents/MacOS/Mods/LookupAnything/LookupAnything.dll'. Exception details:
          System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
          at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
          at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () <0x10998f840 + 0x00015> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Reflection.Assembly+<>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x10998f650 + 0x00051> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) <0x10998f350 + 0x000d3> in <filename unknown>:0
          at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods () <0x103ec2530 + 0x00787> in <filename unknown>:0

Any help would be appreciated.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• LadyC

LadyC Void-Bound Voyager

Ah ok, it is running an old version. I had both copies on my computer, but I was struggling to get 1.5 installed. It keeps saying it can't find the .exe, even though I'm installing it exactly from the directory. I presume it might be because it's not the Steam version, but I kind of went around in circles. Any thoughts on the below? I can move this post to someplace more appropriate if necessary...

Firozi:MacOS LadyC$ mono install.exe

Oops, couldn't find the game automatically.

Type the file path to the game directory (the one containing 'StardewValley.exe'), then press enter.

/Users/LadyC/Documents/Stardew/Stardew\ Valley.app/Contents/MacOS ;

That directory doesn't seem to exist.

Type the file path to the game directory (the one containing 'StardewValley.exe'), then press enter.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@LadyC It looks like there's a semicolon at the end of the path you pasted in; does it work if you remove that?

• LadyC

LadyC Void-Bound Voyager

It didn't help as such, but, I started it up again and removed the space in the directory (StardewValley) and then had to manually type the path to Mono as well (becuase it was looking for "Stardew Valley" not "StardewValley") and it did seem to complete (no errors, but no "Done" message), but it's still loading the old SMAPI when I load up the game. Which files should I remove to make sure it's no longer loading the old one?

ETA: Nevermind! I re-ran the installer and this time it asked me if I wanted to update. I did that, and now the game is running, and the mod is working! Thanks for your patience and help! :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
                  Pathoschild likes this.
                • slpmonkey

slpmonkey Space Hobo

Thank you, but I figured it out! Mod is now working. It's awesome!

Pathoschild likes this.
                  • Feybourne

Feybourne Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod and due to my keyboard mapping functions my F1 primary function is a ? that opens up my browser (therefore I have to hold my FN and F1 button while running and hovering over a character) ; I saw where it shows we can reconfigure the lookup key but so far I have been unsuccessful in my attempts.

If someone could explain what I might be doing wrong or how to reconfigure it to my TAB key it would be much appreciated!!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Feybourne try this:
                      1. Open Mods/LookupAnything/config.json in a text editor like Notepad.
                      2. Change F1 to Tab. Make sure not to change the quotes.
                        upload_2017-1-16_16-24-2.png
                      3. Save the file and launch the game.
                      Using TAB should now work. :)

• fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a way to map it to a GamePad button? I use a ps3 controller and would love to use this mod.

Also, would it be possible to take all this information and put it in a menu tab? Like a Farmer's Almanac you can use for reference?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@fudge5962 You can set gamepad bindings by editing the Controller settings instead of Keyboard; see the settings documentation. I have plans for a searchable Farmer's Almanac-like interface, but it's not implemented yet.

• Feybourne

Feybourne Void-Bound Voyager

THANK YOU! I was inputting it correctly, I think I just wasn't in the right location. Works flawlessly now and has already been helping immensely!!!

Pathoschild likes this.
                            • fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

One more question: can you assign multiple inputs to the same function? Like a keyboard and a controller button that both do the lookup?

Edit: nevermind. The config has that built in.

• Niwotian60

Niwotian60 Space Hobo

SMAPI has started giving me the following alert: "ALERT LookupAnything] Update to version 1.9 available." I have been running 1.9 for more than a month and I don't see any newer versions or updated files on Nexus.

I initially thought the alert might be because I hadn't yet updated SMAPI from 1.7 to the newly-released 1.8 (I prefer being an early follower rather than a trailblazer when it comes to patches) but I installed the SMAPI update and I'm still getting this message. Any thoughts?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Niwotian60 Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. (The update check was confused by changes I'm making to the repository.) Does it still happen if you try again?

Niwotian60 likes this.
                                  • Niwotian60

Niwotian60 Space Hobo

@Pathoschild Everything seems back in order. And no reason to be sorry; you have done some amazing work here!

Pathoschild likes this.