RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@atbenedict: make sure you use straight quotes ("") instead of curly quotes (“”):
    upload_2016-12-13_22-38-47.png

I'm surprised SMAPI didn't consider that invalid JSON, actually.

• atbenedict

atbenedict Seal Broken

Well, It's the super obvious thing that I missed then- changed the settings in TextEdit to get rid of smart quotes and it worked like a charm. Thank you!!!

Pathoschild likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.9 is now available on Linux, Mac, and Windows!

Release highlights:
        • Villager lookups now highlight gifts you carry (green) or own (black):
          upload_2016-12-17_16-51-11.png
        • For advanced users, data mining fields (disabled by default) show the raw game data. This will show 'pinned' data handpicked by Lookup Anything, along with a full dynamic dump of the raw data:
          upload_2016-12-17_17-2-37.png
          upload_2016-12-17_17-2-51.png
        • Improved controller support, including a new hotkey to lookup what's directly in front of you (instead of under your cursor).
        • Added a showcase page which summarises the available lookups, including the meaning of any special formatting.
        • Various bug fixes and tweaks.
        Changes:
        • Villager lookups now highlight gifts you carry or own.
        • Added optional data mining fields which show raw game data.
        • You can now click on the up/down arrows to scroll content.
        • Improved controller support:
          • You can now lookup what's directly in front of you using a separate hotkey. (Not bound by default.)
          • Fixed controller thumbsticks scrolling content too slowly.
          • Fixed controller button conventions not respected by lookup menu.
        • Fixed a rare error caused by the game duplicating an NPC.
        • Fixed fruit tree quality schedule being wrong in some cases.
        • Fixed input bindings in config.json being case-sensitive.
        • Fixed input bindings in config.json being discarded silently if invalid.
        Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

foghorn likes this.
        • oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

There seem to a problem with the download on the nexus site. When I try to download the mod, I get the archive but is 0 bytes in size with no content files in it. 7-Zip won't even open the archive and when it with the Windows Explorer is empty. Tried to download the mod multiple times, same outcome.
          . 0 bytes.jpg Archive contents.jpg

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@oldfarmer93 Nexus' file servers seem to be having issues:
            upload_2016-12-17_17-35-40.png

You might need to try again later once they've fixed that.

oldfarmer93 likes this.
            • oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the quick answer. Besides getting that error on the nexus myself, the site managed sometimes to send the archive, but always with the same 0 bytes size.

• bethany7

bethany7 Void-Bound Voyager

Using the latest version (1.9), I'm getting an error message whenever I try and lookup anything. In game it says "Huh. Something went wrong drawing the lookup info. The error log has the technical details." I don't know if this is the referenced error log, but this is the message displayed in Terminal:

[16:01:56 ERROR LookupAnything] Something went wrong drawing the lookup info:
                System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
                Parameter name: value
                at System.Runtime.Caching.MemoryCacheEntry..ctor (System.String key, System.Object value, DateTimeOffset absExp, TimeSpan slidingExp, CacheItemPriority priority, System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1 dependencies, System.Runtime.Caching.CacheEntryRemovedCallback removedCallback, System.Runtime.Caching.MemoryCache cache) <0x17ce8dc50 + 0x0036d> in <filename unknown>:0
                at System.Runtime.Caching.MemoryCache.AddOrGetExistingInternal (System.String key, System.Object value, System.Runtime.Caching.CacheItemPolicy policy) <0x17ce8ce70 + 0x002b2> in <filename unknown>:0
                at System.Runtime.Caching.MemoryCache.AddOrGetExisting (System.String key, System.Object value, System.Runtime.Caching.CacheItemPolicy policy, System.String regionName) <0x17ce8cde0 + 0x00047> in <filename unknown>:0
                at System.Runtime.Caching.ObjectCache.Add (System.String key, System.Object value, System.Runtime.Caching.CacheItemPolicy policy, System.String regionName) <0x17ce8cda0 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetCached[TMemberInfo] (System.String key, System.Func`1 fetch) <0x17ce8c1f0 + 0x00123> in <filename unknown>:0
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetFieldFromHierarchy[TValue] (System.Type type, System.Object obj, System.String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags) <0x17ceabba0 + 0x001f6> in <filename unknown>:0
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateField[TValue] (System.Object obj, System.String name, Boolean required) <0x17ceaba10 + 0x00050> in <filename unknown>:0
                at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.Components.LookupMenu+<>c__DisplayClass21_1.<draw>b__0 () <0x17cea9b00 + 0x000fc> in <filename unknown>:0
                at Pathoschild.Stardew.LookupAnything.GameHelper.InterceptErrors (IMonitor monitor, System.String verb, System.String detailedVerb, System.Action action, System.Action`1 onError) <0x1181e6630 + 0x0002d> in <filename unknown>:0

Using the latest versions of Steam, SMAPI, Stardew Valley, LookupAnything. On MacOS Sierra. Error occurs both with and without any edits to the config file.

Any ideas?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• bethany7

bethany7 Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, glad it's not just me breaking something! Thank you for letting me know, will await 1.5. This mod is the sole reason I wanted mods on Mac, so thank you for all your hard work :)

• Ayriee

Ayriee Starship Captain

Hi, I started a new save and I got this error. Not sure if it somehow has something to do with the fact that I'm using this mod or not because this was my first time using that farm map and that was the first time I've seen this error.

Edit: I started up the new save after I posted this and the error no longer appears in the log. Whatever it was that happened appears to have fixed itself. o.o

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Sotales

Sotales Space Hobo

Hi, I just downloaded and tried out your mod. I was wondering if it would be possible to make the colors for gifts (green, black, gray) configurable.

Edit: Or perhaps make the font bolder so that the colors stand out more? The black and gray are a bit too similar for me to easily see.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Sorry for the slow response, I'm not online much during the holidays. :)

Making the colours configurable is quirky due to crossplatform differences, but I'm open to changing the colours or adding a high-contrast mode. But first, is it possible your screen brightness is off? The colours seem very different on my screen:
                        [​IMG]

• KatGamer

KatGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this mod, thanks! Could you add something for when you look up crops, to say what season they grow in? I have to use the wiki a lot to see what to put in my seed maker.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @KatGamer. It should already do that. :)
                            upload_2016-12-27_0-11-21.png

• eagles

eagles Space Hobo

I have this mod, but using F1 does nothing in the game.

I have Windows 10, so using f1 brings me to this help page. I disabled that by using the cmd prompt. But using f1 doesn't do anything now. Not sure how to proceed.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• eagles

eagles Space Hobo

@Pathoschild How do you edit a config.json file? I don't seem to have the app for it. Thank you for answering so quickly, by the way.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@eagles You can use Notepad to edit it.

• eagles

eagles Space Hobo