1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier! 1.3.3

Just a clean looking modification to the character creation screen, for custom races.

1. Xander Kau

Xander Kau Phantasmal Quasar

Ahh, I see why. Interesting. This mod could cause trouble for a lot of mods it seems. Maybe i'll find a way to get it to work.

2. TheAlteran

TheAlteran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps add two switches at the bottom of your interface which would trigger the unloading of current sprites and loading of other ones... kinda like a turn page function.

-Edit-
    On a side note I have yet to delve into starbound modding

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That'd be an excellent idea.

If it were at all possible for a mere mod author to do.

4. TheAlteran

Out of curiosity how limited is Starbounds modding capabilities?

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If a behavior is defined in Lua, you can replace the file. If it's JSON, you can either replace the file entirely or use __merge to make smaller changes. Except for certain structures it can't handle, like village guard warning dialogues.

So basically most things can be extended.

6. TheAlteran

So would it in theory be possible to implement something similar to a turn page function using several if functions to change the species displayed by checking to see which 'Page' was selected? Or is it out of the question?

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The look of the character creator -- which button goes where, what does it all look like -- is JSON. Its behavior is not Lua.

8. Schala

Schala Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is there a scroll wheel or something after 12 races fill the box? More and more race mods come out daily, and a few of them look rather inticing.

9. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

After going through all 36 pages of mods and picking a handful of race additions (Among other things), this mod has proven itself to be a godsend, taking every single race mod in stride and making it a breeze to select a new race and roll right out the gates.

Well, all of them except for the one I was most looking forward to using - "Ningen".
    (Link: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/ningen-race-mod.191/ )

When not including that race, everything works very nicely with the addition of two strange vestigial buttons next to the original six races that are probably added by what I can only assume as being part of the Kitsune mod, and the Ponex mod. Normally I wouldn't post anything about these minor things, if not for one thing...

The Ningen mod actually negates this SECC mod, getting rid of the GUI extension and shoehorning two of the new races almost at random into the additional vestigial buttons mentioned above. If it becomes increasingly bothersome that I'm unable to use this one race, I'll drop a line on the author's page and request compatibility.

Mostly, I'm just hoping it's something that someone can point me into a manual fix, so I'm not being too much of a bother. Until then, I'll just make do without, and swap characters in and out.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Remove the mod's copy of interface\windowconfig\charcreation.config and (if it has one) interface\title\charactercreation.png.

That goes for all of them. Leave only the extender's copies.

11. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

Woop, that's worked~! Now the Ningen mod fits in perfectly fine~
    Turns out that the Kangaru and the Ponex also had charcreation.config files, and deleting them got rid of the vestigial buttons, so if anyone else has this crop up, consider this confirmation to solving this issue.
    Thanks, Kawa~

12. Dexasol

Dexasol Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded this and the only problem i have with it right now is that for some reason. Only 1 race works out of the four i have. The other ones, you can make them but as soon you try to start the game they end up crashing or never loading. It ends up giving me a error like Client Can not connect to server. So wondering if anyone can help me out with this

13. Tyty

Tyty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Which races aren't working?

14. Cocatox

Cocatox Void-Bound Voyager

looks nice but can you do this mod for shipselecton too so i can pick up the race i want and the ship i want too?

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not without some external program someone'd have to write you can't.

16. Dexasol

Dexasol Void-Bound Voyager

Elf, Lombax, and Etheral only working one was the kangaru race

17. Tyty

Tyty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's... weird as hell. Elf needs this to run.

I'd check if Kangaru, lombax, or etheral are overwriting anything. If you updated, you may need to delete their windowconfig folders, since we can't automatically delete files we don't use anymore when we update our mods.

18. SoloFreed

SoloFreed Void-Bound Voyager

I know when
    I know that when I first installed this mod Elf caused problems for me. After I removed that mod I got Etherial and Argonian to work. Not sure about Limbax though. It's really weird. :/

19. 28Mark

28Mark Pangalactic Porcupine

Well how to fix this? I dropped everything to the Mod folder.
    Untitled3.png

20. 28Mark

28Mark Pangalactic Porcupine

Do I have to put the races /species in the player file in assets directory? MERGE? manually?