Building/Ship Show off your house :D

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by TheVulcanKId, Dec 5, 2013.

1. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

work in progress.

PennySTI likes this.
  3. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

This is the entrance to my new castle. The basement will be the smith, but for now we are storing construction materials and food. There will be a lot of stuff from the Castlevania Furniture mod.

20160819002228_1.jpg 20160819002405_1.jpg 20160819002427_1.jpg 20160819002442_1.jpg

Pohany and mastercookie like this.
  4. Monario

Monario Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here's my house :) Nothing super amazing but I'm rather happy with it!

Updated picture :)
    Lights and some passages on:
    20160820002750_1.jpg
    Lights and passages out/off (Outdoor and Greenhouse lights depend on time of day. Elevator and Danger lights remain on):
    20160820013825_1.jpg

20160820002750_1.jpg - Newer.
    20160820013825_1.jpg - Lights out!
    20160820013853_1.jpg - Close-up.
    20160819065450_1.jpg - Older.
    20160812052322_1.jpg - Humble Beginnings.
    20160826214059_1.jpg - Barn to the West (W.I.P.).
    20160827044215_1.jpg - Finished Barn (minus the animals <_<).

Most systems and lights go through the control room tunnel just under the sewers (and you get down there by using one of the armour stands to open the secret entrance).
    Anything that's powered or uses water goes through the control room and through master switches (and valves) so I can cut them off any time (particularly useful to toggle sprinklers if I don't need them as that gives me a 5+ FPS boost :p)
    Control room and Sewers are almost invisible when the tunnel's lights are off (when there's noone down there).
    The house's shower and anything that uses water gets it from the underground reservoir, and when the reservoir gets low it pumps water from an artificial lake to the West.
    The attic bedroom is accessed via the bookshelf.
    The storage and crafting area to the East where the Terramart Shipments is has independent lights, and the same lights that light up the rooms also light up the shaft that acts as a passage for the shipped crate.
    The room next to the elevator that's roughly in the middle of the shipment shaft is the Engine room, where all the future logic for the elevator will live.
    -Probably forgetting other stuff that are "interactable" as that's the most fun I have when building in this game :p make a lot of things functional.

This is still a work in progress, always adding to it and improving :)

Next I wanted to add a library somewhere, perhaps an animal farm (will likely go to the West at the surface), and then finally a colony. Still debating how and where I want all of those things. Any ideas are welcome :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Slicer, Jackie2581, Wolf1e and 10 others like this.
  5. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

You kidding? The design of the house above alone would already be worth showing.
    If you want a tip, you can use alt+z to hide your UI for screenshots.

Monario likes this.
  6. Monario

Oh... that's very good to know! Thank you :D And thanks for the kind words! It did take me a long time to make lol. Thing is at this point there are some layouts, rooms, things I'd like to work on to make them look a little better and not so "squarey" but now it'd be a bit of a pain in the butt to redesign any major things.

I consider myself a minimalist, but somehow everything I make tends to find the line between big and small and sit precariously on it D:

Oh and updated the picture too. Realized I posted a slightly older version of it. The new one has the storage area a bit more organized :D

7. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

man, you do a really good job of making good-looking, homey, compact spaces! :eek: your stuff is the kind of thing i aspire to, honestly. 'v'

8. Monario

Thank you @_@!
    Hehe I found a picture of when I first started building my estate... sigh.

20160812052322_1.jpg

9. TheFloranChef

Building skills improve with practice and experimentation. @Pedro Falcão is right, this is a very nice house. You have an interesting combination of blocks and some unique ideas like the roof and chimney. I don't remember seeing this style before.

I love the underground Terramart shipments. Do you know if all you need is to leave the shaft unobstructed? Can it be placed anywhere underground? Also, what if we put a hatch on its way? Can we just open and it'll work?

10. Monario

Thanks :) and you are right, everything you build even if at first doesn't seem like it looks good, like it or not you're building your skills. The next time you build something or try to improve upon it you will remember past experiences, remember mistakes, things that clash or look good together, etc.

All you need for the Terramart Shipments is a shaft the same width as the crate that's in the machine :) The shaft doesn't even need to reach the surface, believe it or not. At some point (likely off the screen) the machine says its good to go, and you're good :) although of course you still wanna make it look good so you keep going all the way up :p
    As for obstructions, I never tried a hatch, but I imagine it would work just fine!; if the hatch is open there would be no obstructions. If the hatch is closed then the machine will deactivate itself and show you a little red "x_x" face where there's currently the Approve mark. I assume it works because hatches and doors usually work that way, it's the same thing as if I wanted to place a furniture piece on top of my "secret entrance" "doors" in the house. I'd be able to just fine, problem is the minute I'd open the "hatches" whatever furniture was sitting on them will get dropped to the ground (this I've tested :p).
    Only problem I see with a hatch is that I don't think there's a way to link the "ship" button in the machine with a hatch, so you would have to manually open the hatch before interacting with the Terramart Shipments. I guess whether it's an actual problem or not is a matter of personal opinion though :)

Edit: In hindsight, I do have a switch that toggles the storage area, crafting area and shipments shaft lights on. I could just wire a hatch to the same switch that turns on the lights and there'd be no issue even if you might think having to manually open the way would be tedious. So come to think of it I might just do that :D Great idea!

P.S.: Even without a hatch though, monsters coming through the top of the shaft is not a problem :) they will only climb down platforms if they are agroed on something or someone.
    That said, if an intrepid monster decides to take a dive, I take no responsibility! There's a clear danger sign there! You hear PETA!? Monsters know better...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  11. TheFloranChef

Good to know. I'll have a very long shaft in my castle and I don't want to isolate the two sides. A hatch and some sensors would work just fine. I can close the walls and open the floor in any passages when I need to ship my crops. Unless an npc happens to be right there at the shaft when I open it... :nurutease:

12. Monario

Hehehe, put a danger sign on the background behind the hatch, then if an accident is to happen you'll be able to sleep at night!

I'll update the house post with 2 new pictures, one is a close-up of the house itself, another is another big shot but with lights and passages toggled off, the state they are usually in :p

TheFloranChef likes this.
  13. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    Here's my Avali base.

Don't have too much to say on it.

To the left of it is my Avali colony. So there's that.

The three colored rooms on the right are mine (middle) and my two brothers. (Who are also Avali.)

I was so happy when I finished it, though. such a nice base ^.^

(blegh, I still need to get that fire Fluffalo back in his pen.. >.> )

The Squid and TheFloranChef like this.
  14. Monario

I haven't tried it but I bet you could move the fluffalo with the pulling/pushing ammo from the Adaptable Ammo crossbow you get at the Trophy Vendor guy :)

15. Domascus

Domascus Void-Bound Voyager

50 hours. 100,000+ blocks. 90% of blocks painted. 100+ lights linked to light sensors/not switches. 99% of wireable objects wired. 300+wires. 50+ secret doors. Artificial enchanted forest. ;) A bunch of other stuff.

The Cirrus Colossus.jpg The Cirrus Colossus Night.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Esmenet, Ickura, Exilyth and 13 others like this.
  16. Monario

That looks really cool :D and welcome to the forums!

17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Been building a lot, but I don't have screenshots for everything. Here's a bar and an inn.
    Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 11.40.42 AM.jpg

AsemUT, lizabell and TheFloranChef like this.
  18. lizabell

lizabell Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My house, or base for the 2nd character. I need expand a lot more since FU needs even more space...
    base.jpg

Dharkaron, Slicer, exocosmic and 18 others like this.
  19. TheFloranChef

Another section concluded: prison tower, barracks, entrance hall and stables.

Castle2.jpg

20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

This is a store I built. It's in the middle of the desert, so it doesn't really serve any purpose other than that it looks cool. Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 12.43.46 PM.jpg