1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I start playing yet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by 222bkane, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I'm not biased. He just asked a simple question. I just gave my honest opinion. Don't assume things.

2. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

IF you want a honest opinion play the stable version to see what is what and get a feel for the game and then try stable out with a mod or three and when you have had enough of that try the nightly (if they can ever get it running, as of now). Thats what i have done. I have played stable and got to know what i like or dislike about the game and then went to mods to fix the dislikes and add things that make the game more interesting. Now i am playing unstable/nightly...like what i am seeing but angry with the errors that should have been caught before putting it out for the night. All i can say is check it out, play the game, watch a few vids on it and make your own decision.

3. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

But that's what nightly is. A test. It is not meant to be another version. It is simply to test for bugs. That's why it's unreliable right now.

4. Vandrick

Vandrick Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, they don't "catch" errors before nightly because nightly is the build they use to literally test and look for errors. ;) Far as I know nightly is their in-house test build.

5. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Some of you are straying from the topic a little. There are already threads for your arguments ^^
    Let's keep the forums tidy please :)

6. 222bkane

222bkane Title Not Found

Thanks again for all your opinions guys. It definitely seems like the right thing to do at this point, for me, is to wait for a final release, however long that may take.