Ship upgrades and some new shots of the office

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Really? I haven't seen any person demand anything. Just a lot of people discussing the pros and cons of this development cycle so far and voicing their concerns about how Chucklefish handles things. Regardless of what you want to call it, people have every right to voice these opinions, regardless of how controversial and if the Devs don't like it, they don't need to act on them. I don't see why people are so freaked out about negative opinions, even if they're on the harsher side. That's what happens when you create something, especially when that something is being funded by a group of random people before it is compete.

Sartorius, RynCage, Aeon and 3 others like this.
  2. Crabcakes

Crabcakes Astral Cartographer

I strongly disagree. Paying $15 for an early access game does not entitle you to an expense report. They don't have gold plated fountains and caviar and there is simply no reason for anyone to be concerned based on what we have seen. They have very good reasons to maintain confidentiality in this regard, not the least of which is to put an end to trolling hysteria. The fact is they are a private company and we are consumers, nobody here is entitled to that information and it is crass how some have pushed the issue.

Paco495, SweFox, garpu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Not all criticism will be constructive. That's just the nature getting your criticism from forums, but on the bright side, the devs aren't obliged to sway to the whims of the people making these criticisms.

Sartorius likes this.
  4. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

I meant the wording sounds unprofessional. As I said somewhere else in this thread "We don't discuss our financial matters with just anyone" or some iteration there of would have sounded much more professional while getting the same message across.

Sartorius and zugz like this.
  5. KillerKitteh

KillerKitteh Aquatic Astronaut

Though I am conflicted with the style of your office (curse my OCD) it does look like it is radiating with energy. Practical but colorful, keep up the good work.:iswydt:
    8/10 In my book.:up:

:yeahhhh: P.S. Props for pac-man pillow.

RenaldiForumStar likes this.
  6. Ryuu Kitsune

Ryuu Kitsune Void-Bound Voyager

I dunno how an office for a small company would even amount to anywhere near 4 million dollars and you really need to stop being impatient updates aren't made from air they are made from hard work.

KillerKitteh and zeaga like this.
  7. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Darn! Read "Office Beta 3" as "Official Beta 3"
    Was syked for Novakid :(

KillerKitteh and Ponjkl like this.
  8. Cheeseball

Cheeseball Aquatic Astronaut

While Tiy's reply was unprofessional-sounding, commenting on how they spend their money (e.g. office is a waste of money) is equally useless.

zeaga likes this.
  9. Cliff Racer

Cliff Racer Void-Bound Voyager

"No content in the game yet, but here's our office"

a-april fools? :facepalm:

10. Toquio3

Toquio3 Star Wrangler

When I said what I said, I didnt *really* mean that the office cost 4 million dollars. But why try to understand what people are really meaning when you can just take everything at face value.

Aeon and Sartorius like this.
  11. shardf

shardf Aquatic Astronaut

i hope the ship patch comes soon i have all my good stuff i found in my carithers backpacks and i can't work on any thing till it happends

12. julz19

julz19 Phantasmal Quasar

People have the right to be concerned, you are right. But they should transmit their concern in a better manneer.

13. julz19

julz19 Phantasmal Quasar

Like they said, it's gonna take a while! But i can't wait to see what all those progression systems are gonna be :rofl:
    I didn't play in more than a month and i will probably wait until a big patch comes out before i play, i have so many games anyway!
    But, i keep coming here almost every day, just to see updates and new mods.

Serenity and Piccolo like this.
  14. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Useless and unprofessional are not synonyms...

Sartorius and roadrashh like this.
  15. Cheeseball

Does that even matter? They're both negative connotations that shouldn't even be mentioned, hence useless.

Serenity and zeaga like this.
  16. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

And why should negatives not be mentioned?

Sartorius likes this.
  17. Cheeseball

They provide nothing to the discussion and do nothing in terms of development.

Serenity and zeaga like this.
  18. flamedance58

flamedance58 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice start to your new offices, can't wait to see when you get the penguin wallpaper :rofl:

Also that laptop on the desk in the shot? Looks pretty shitty....*rim shot*

19. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Not true, there's been a lot of discussion happening in this thread because of some negatives being mentioned and they positives don't do any more for development than negatives do. Anyway, people can and should be able to voice their opinions, even if negative, because that's what a forum is for.

Sartorius likes this.
  20. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Look at this post...
    Now look at the post right below it...
    Notice how they address the same problem
    Now think a lil bit :)

KillerKitteh and Serenity like this.