Ship upgrades and some new shots of the office

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah, I think allowing players to build with sort of massive rooms instead of tiny blocks would be perfect. You know, land in a shipyard, buy, say, an extra storage room, then beam up to your ship and paste the whole thing right on the front/top/bottom/back. If it's possible, you could even have something that sort of makes it look stream-lined, kinda like a tilesetter from madtulip's spaceship mod, except it automatically places tilesets on the outside.

2. Aghork

Aghork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that would be truly awesome. it would look good and the style of the ship would stay fitting to the race but the player could still decide where exactly he wants this specific room.

3. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

For, having the view that is wasn't a good idea? Even GeorgeV said you guys got a little distracted. Plus this is about your office so... it is on topic? It.. really looks weird.

Sartorius, Madzai, zugz and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gruntdonttoot

Gruntdonttoot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice upgrades, and the forums today are hilarious! :rofl:

5. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Not hilarious. Dignified. Just like the the penalty chairs in the penalty corner.

Serenity and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  6. Segas Wolf

Segas Wolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hehehe i like the new office too :3

Serenity and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  7. xhalarin

xhalarin Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks a lot for the update and congratz on the digs. I like the pillows : )

... and the forum upgrade is awesome! lol

KevinFragger2427 likes this.
  8. Piccolo

Piccolo Guest

Until you release a completed game, how you spend your money is the business of everyone here. And what they said was completely relevant to the post, so not sure where you get "derailed" from. Regardless, that seems like a very snippy way to speak to a fan.

9. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Must be nice to have an Ikea so close by.

KevinFragger2427 likes this.
  10. 7Vec7Zus

7Vec7Zus Void-Bound Voyager

Nice Daycare Studio. I got some kids that need babysitting. How much per week?

11. Coddy :)

Coddy :) Poptop Tamer

Hmm thats way too spacious and bright an office. Staff should be locked in cubicals and forced to code.

The time for ideas, funabd fluffy is over.

BlueSmoke and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  12. gr4yz0n3

gr4yz0n3 Pangalactic Porcupine

..This is not an April Fools joke, right?

13. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Oh that's funny. Like it or not, you already received what your $15 brought.

Be glad they are continuing to develop, centralising their workforce for productivity and expanding their business which only helps the game in the long run. And Xander knows that comment is directed at his general attitude in the forums and not just his snide comment in this thread.
    Give CF some constructive criticism, not just negatively attack them for stuff they are sharing with you. (It's really weird to see people wanting to see the game flourish while wanting to see the company developing it crash and burn)

Serenity, Serpensio, Titanium and 2 others like this.
  14. gr4yz0n3

You are right Tiy, but you should calm down and take these kind of comments lightly, don't think about it too much.

Also, I can have my ion cannon soon?

15. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow, looks like alot of fun working in an office like that , btw someone slacking off on his iphone! (jk)

ps: Ouch my eyes are burning , whats with all this white and pink ... doesn't feel like Starbound anymore. Bring the black back !

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Ramones_fan and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  16. gr4yz0n3

That escalated too quickly, you can always change them in preferences tab

17. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

That's what you should have done for April Fools. Tell people you brought a 20 foot golden Tiy statue with precious gems for eyes that's riding a unicorn made of fine cut diamonds. Had to be hand made by blind nuns in Italy who chisel the entire thing with albino baby seals.

Of course it would never fit in the office, so you will have to ship it to your private island in Dubai with the Chucklefish blimp you got the other day.

Seriously though, great news and you should be proud of what you guys are doin

Serenity, Yzzey, Ramones_fan and 4 others like this.
  18. gr4yz0n3

Then Chucklefish guys did it on 2nd of April, the joke suddenly not funny anymore.

And Tiy, is there any slightest clue you can give us on when this update get implemented?

19. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

sure is entitled 12 y/o in here...

20. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

If they would have gotten a golden 42" 4k screen for playing PS4 or XBone or whatever on, THAT would be a reason to complain.
    Them getting a few tables for the pcs and stuff and a few compfy sitting places for productive brainstorming is pretty much the oppsite of what I'd consider "a waste of money".

And to re-rail the thread again: will we also be able to get ships of other races? I prefer playing humans but I really dislike their ships and would rather have an avian or apex one and it'd be cool if that could be done without modding.