1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Ship Issue with Spirited Giraffe

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by StarRobo, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarRobo

StarRobo Master Chief

Ever since the Spirited Giraffe update, my main tier-6 character with a fully upgraded ship has been unplayable. I've found the issue, the ship file. I tried to play the game with a new ship file, which worked, but I could not reboot the ship AI. I still had the option to return to missions, however. Is there any workaround to retrieve my original ship file or start a new ship correctly? With the countless hours I've put into this character I don't want to have to scrap him just so I can get the update to work.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You probably won't be able to fix the old one.
    But for the new one do

Code:
    /admin
    /spawnitem shipTx  
    where x = the level of the ship you were at before it crashed.
    For reference 2= ftl broken 3 = ftl fixed. 4 = first expansion

consume item

Aetnaria and Dunto like this.
  3. StarRobo

StarRobo Master Chief

Okay, thank you. Is there a list of item codes so I can retrieve the items that were originally in my ship?

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

5. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

Did it crash or why has it been unplayable?

Dunto likes this.
  6. DSF66

DSF66 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

http://community.playstarbound.com/...rruption-after-the-update.95110/#post-2561295

I had a similar issue. That's the solution I got.
    Basically what you need to do after restoring the ship architecture (that's for the case when you got your ship back but AI is bugged out)
    - Exit the game again
    - Rename .metadata file to something else like .metadata-bak
    - Rename one of the .metadata.bak(number) files to .metadata

Be wary, it will cause automatically placed ship lights to disappear, most of the hazard blocks will respawn possibly breaking some placed items which you can then pick up and re-place.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  7. Dave_Dovakiin

Dave_Dovakiin Void-Bound Voyager

Fullscreen just rewindows the game, sometimes breaks visuals

8. StarRobo

StarRobo Master Chief

I fixed the issue now. The game would crash afterwards before the fix though.

Essentially what I did was delete the shipworld file, used the admin command to spawn in the ship upgrade items, shipT(insertnumberhere) and used them one by one. Now I'm just using admin to cheat in items to rebuild my ship, and even make it better. But DSF66's solution might work too, I don't know.

9. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue. :)

Closing as resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.