Shapeshifting, Necromancy, and more!

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Epicface, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I have decided that you will have the ability to become a hawk/falcon/eagle/Starbound creature that flys.
    And yes you can attack.
    Hawks would be in the middle of attack and speed
    Falcons would be the fastest, but weakest
    Eagles would be the slowest, but strongest
    And starboundian creatures would vary, as i do not know many of them :rofl:
    edit:
    You can also be a bat, they will be slightly slower then a falcon, but their attacks give a DoT (damage over time) of poison, and they can see in the dark. If possible, they can have some sort of echolocation, which will allow them to see around corners and in tunnels that the normal eye cannot see, with night vision or not (basically allowing them to see behind walls, without needing to break the wall :))

Axe Garian and Killer Snowman like this.
  2. Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

A bat could maybe have a leeching affect - kind of a nod to vampires. It would still be DoT, but you'd recover health as well. ;)

Axe Garian and Epicface like this.
  3. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I was thinkin a venom that gets stronger over time and eventually causes death or dazes and slightly blinds, but i think my venom idea will work better with snakes and such.
    I like your idea better, addin to OP :DD, not under suggestions, under shapeshifting, because i think that should be instead of poison, if thats fine with you :)

4. Killer Snowman

I can't complain.

Okay... Let's get rolling here. *Cracks knuckles*

The caterpillar who can eat leaves to refill health. He's small, but can sneak by enemies because hey... he's a caterpillar. If he does anything fishy (buggy?) he can be killed almost instantly. However, human enemies may simply let them out of the building because everyone likes caterpillars. You could also predict the next winter. Farmer NPCs may act friendly towards you. Maybe give you a little high five.

Now, a mosquito, while far less lovable, could serve the same purpose - kind of a mix between the caterpillar and the bat. He leeches, he's small enough to avoid detection, but if sighted. He's dead. THEY'VE GOT FLYSWATTERS! And nobody likes mosquitoes.

My point: Bugs. Stealth. Caterpillars. Awesome.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. TehLonelyDonut

TehLonelyDonut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The hell is a TL;DR?

6. Killer Snowman

I changed it. It means "Too long; didn't read". I had it there, but then realized it wasn't as long winded as I thought it was. Oh well.

7. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I needed to google it myself :rofl:
    It means too long; didnt read :)
    edit: KS.... You got revenge on meh.

Hmm.. It seems kinda like a silly form.
    I dont mean silly as in "bad" silly, i mean silly like, not much use for it silly. I can see something to use for it though.
    Infiltrate base, turn bear/human/wolf, beat the snot outta everyone.
    Its really funny :rofl: nice idea :DD addin to OP in a new section called Forms.
    But 1 question, what do you mean doing something buggy/fishy?

8. Killer Snowman

You do something a caterpillar/other less awesome bug wouldn't do. Like you know, kill someone. Something suspicious.
    It kind of goes back to the whole "learn its ways" thing. It could be subtle things like how fast you move too. You have to try to be like the other creatures, so that nobody notices there is something "off" about you.

Depends on how hardcore you want to go with it I guess.

And this is silly. I could do more serious suggestions, but I'll leave that to serious people. Seriously.

And...Useless? Stealth! D: It would have a balance too, you know. With the omega stealth powers you receive, you would have almost literally no health. It would make it interesting for hardcore folks. Okay, I just really want to be a caterpillar. I think it would be hilarious.

9. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I think that when you shapeshift into a creature its normal speed becomes your normal speed, and the caterpillers speed is very slow. And now i see. You need to stay caterpiller-like to stay alive as a caterpiller. Interesting concept. And stealth. That is true. Adding this to your idea part.

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Killer Snowman

That... Makes sense.:facepalm:
    For something like a caterpillar though, maybe there's a way to go back to your speed, and thus be a reason to cause suspicion... You know what I mean?

Anyways... I shall now leave the suggestions to normal non-obsessed people...

OOH OOH OOH! WAIT! I HAVE ONE MORE!

The dodo form. Yes. You heard me. A dodo bird. Being a useless, flightless bird, you could uh... Uh...

11. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Hmmm..... maybeh.... i dunno. Going fast as a caterpiller is really impossible. Unless you equip a jetpack and/or use Genericorp TM (R) to upgrade your animal form (now adding jets to cheeatahs!)

Dodo? Maybe it attacks with its beak and claws in a way that strangely resembles kung foo and tae kwan do(do).
    Also it runs fast.
    EDIT: Im considering using the darkbound as creatures that we can turn into. They will turn you into a corrupt Drood (shapeshifter) and all the animals you turn into are now shadowy and evil.... no added benefits or downsides, just look weird and evil. Do i need to ask ghostar if I can use them, or can i use them without asking? Hmm..

12. Killer Snowman

Isn't shapeshifting technically impossible? ;) I get what you mean though.

OOH OOH! You could go extinct!...
    Okay, in all seriousness, the dodo would really just be for maniacs like me who think it's funny to run around "Pecking and running". It'd be more for laughs than actual use. They probably could run at decent speeds... but not much faster than humans.

And go ahead and ask her. May as well. I think it would be kind of cool to be a corrupt cater-...animal.

13. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Ooh, thats cold. But yeah.

I see how it would be really funny though :rofl:
    Running around MEEP MERP MWAAK MRAAAK and pecking everyone in the way.

Asked. Completely non awkward-like.
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA i got permission. Now i need to write alot and stuff.

14. Killer Snowman

Smooooth. :cool:
    Hahaha, well, at least that's official right? Well... official theoretically... Theoretically official?... Oh boy.

Anyways, I think you already mention fish and sea creatures right? I think I'd like to hereby officially endorse the crab.

Ze crab. Ah... what a wondrous creature. You have the ability to walk sideways. Wait...
    Your claws. You could use them to latch on to things... Like some guy's face. I can just imagine the animation for that. ("OH GOD GET THIS THING OFF MY FACE!" The man is running back and forth and the crab is happily dangling to his nose). The crab could also prove to be rather stealthy. He could curl up to blend in with rocks and whatnot. He'd be hardier then the bugs, but not quite as stealthy.

Okay, I'm done. No more... for now.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I didnt say anything about the water creatures, but im glad you brought them up, i nearly forgot :DD
    Darkbound section is made. My arm is limp.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I dunno about Dodo Birds... Tae Kwon Dodos or bust! *Puts foot down* :yeahhhh: Tae Kwon Dodos can count as a 'Starbound Animal'.

Killer Snowman and Epicface like this.
  17. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Lol, yes!
    Axe, u got any suggestions for animals and its powers?

Killer Snowman likes this.
  18. Killer Snowman

He just offered up the best one I've seen today.... (Mosquitos? Who's bright idea was that?)

Yeah, he's an ideas man. That's why he's ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Let er rip Axe!

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

In my shamelessly biased opinion, Dragons pwn all, but they have already made it in, even from the get-go. :DD :up:

Hmm... Wyverns could be a cool addition! The particular version of Wyverns I have in mind are the kind with Dragon-like Heads , Necks, (Though in contrast to Dragons, Wyvern Necks tend to look kinda like Duck Necks compared to Dragon Necks looking kinda like Goose Necks, if ya can understand what I mean.) & Wings, skinnier bodies & tails, & only 2 Legs with no Arms to go with them. They're commonly depicted as looking kinda like some mad scientist tried to cross Dragons with Bats. :x This idea gotta chance? :)

Wyverns tend to be less honorable than Dragons on average, though some kinds are just wild & little different from common animals. When they are a sub-species that can breathe something, it's often Poison &/or Acid of some kind, & they are fans of the 'Pick up, fly high, & drop' Strategy on enemy Creatures that aren't too big or dangerous to grab & pick up. They are also capable of grabbing prey (like Human Princesses) & flying them off to their Nest to scarf down in peace. They're not a bright species, but they're capable of being very cunning & opportunistic, & they're very skilled & acrobatic fliers. Since they don't have anywhere near the raw brawn & power of Dragons, they tend to favor hit & run Strategies, act speedy, & if things get bad, their most important trick in their Strategy Book is to be a total coward & scram to save their own necks. They don't do real great at getting along with others of their kind, but they have been known to band together in (false) cooperation with each other to deal with especially dangerous situations, like facing Dragons, trying to down an especially difficult prey, or just trying to kill something kicking the buggers outta their Numbers. (Like a powerful skilled Human Warriorish Character or some such.) They are pro scavengers & can eat almost anything organic that's not a plant, even poisonous stuff since they are commonly more poisonous/acidic themselves then anything they might find or eat. Even very rotten, days old dead things can sustain them well & effectively.

Hope I didn't make this too annoying a read, but better safe then sorry to be detailed, because not everyone is gonna be knowledgeable about Wyverns. :geek:

Epicface likes this.
  20. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Friend, all ideas have a chance! If they didnt i wouldn't have accepted KS's (jk jk jk)
    But srsly this does sound really good :O
    smaller versions of the dragons, look kinda mixed with bats, sounds really cool :)
    What are their powers?

Killer Snowman likes this.