1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server - How To (Windows 7) Stage 1 Progenitor

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Taeleon, Dec 4, 2013.

1. R234

R234 Contact!

I DID portforward, and like I said, I can join the server, but my friend cannot. Gsh... I hate messing around this sort of stuff sooo much...

2. Dragonblud

Dragonblud Aquatic Astronaut

Also, while my server loads up, its listing things saying "Warn: Object [insert object here] does not have a price set"

3. Neszy

Neszy Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way you can find what world/character is being selected when the server is launched?

Just means that some items are missing prices (pixels). Guess it's a debug warning to remind the Devs that items still need work. In short, it's not your problem, there's nothing you can do.

4. Taeleon

Taeleon Master Chief

90% Sure! Connect away and let me know if its okay. This is what mine says;

Warn: Object flowerblue does not have a price set
    Warn: Object floweryellow does not have a price set
    Warn: Object flowerred does not have a price set
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::createWorld millis: 5652
    Warn: Perf: WorldServerThread::sync millis: 376
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::doTriggeredStorage millis: 379
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::run.innerloop millis: 479
    Warn: Slow asset 0.087 : /plants/trees/forest/foliage/hanging/branch3.png
    Warn: Slow asset 0.088 : /plants/trees/forest/foliage/hanging/branch3.png
    Warn: Perf: WorldGenerator::prepareSector millis: 329
    Warn: Perf: WorldStorage::update millis: 356
    Warn: Perf: WorldServer::update millis: 372
    Warn: Perf: WorldServerThread::update.worldUpdate millis: 372
    Warn: Perf: WorldServerThread::update millis: 373

Been playing my server since i started this thread, so again, the information Above will differ to what you see, both due to the game having rogue elements (meaning; each world and universe if different) as well as your server either being fresh and new as opposed to mine not.

5. Taeleon

Taeleon Master Chief

Sry for double post. Replies are coming in faster than i can reply.

@Dragonblud, im assuming its to let the Devs, as well as Server Hoster know items at the shops dont have prices. For the modding community i presume to allow them to set certain prices on their server.

As far as i have found, theres no way to edit the config files of what world/universe to choose, or how you want the worlds to spawn, if you want monsters, creative, etc etc. As its still Very early Beta, i wont be surprised if we see customization of this magnitude later on. There may be some mods and stuff to download and use for now, though i will be waiting some time til the Devs OKAY it, just so that everything is stable.

Your Router needs to send incomming traffic to Your PC. The router doesnt know where to send your friends. Currently they are connecting to your Router, thats its default. If you have the time, give this a read. https://sites.google.com/site/webserverdiy/otherinfo

it may shed some light on how to make a virtual server (so your router sends your friends to your pc - the one hosting a server on the port).

Hope it helps.

6. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

for the record and for anyone else that is doing a LAN-type setup, I used the internal IP and so did my fiance in the same house, so if it doesn't work for both, the IP address isn't the problem.

I also did not need, and actually wasn't allowed, to make starbound.exe admin mode.

7. Neszy

Neszy Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not worried about customisation, I'm just worried about not loading the correct world for mutliplayer. I'm assuming it changes so there must be somewhere that alters it, I just can't find it. Thanks for the response anyway. Worst case scenario I'll simply remove any character that isn't loading the world I want to load.

8. Taeleon

Taeleon Master Chief

@Jbeetle im going to post that on the OP, save people sifting through the thread!

Jbeetle likes this.
  9. Taeleon

Taeleon Master Chief

I dont know the logistics of it, better to ask a Dev or someone with more knowledge. Sorry =[

10. Neszy

Neszy Void-Bound Voyager

I understand - just thought you might know something I don't :D. I'll try to get a word in on the IRC at some point.

11. R234

R234 Contact!

Oh for the love of... I found out I needed to portforward BOTH TCP and UDP. I suppose that's commen knowledge and I'm just an idiot?

*Sigh*... ah well, at least now it works. Thanks for the help, Taeleon.

12. Taeleon

Taeleon Master Chief

Ah glad it worked out! Ill add that to the openning post!

13. wolfgirl1842

wolfgirl1842 Aquatic Astronaut

im haveing no luck with this with my router at any rate its a netgear wrn2000v2 but far as i can tell i have every thing set right ip port and firewall wise crazy as much stuff as iv hosted i cant figer this out

14. Taeleon

Taeleon Master Chief

kk did some research on your router, when your port forwarding/port triggering, does it say anything about server ip address? if it does, the required IP for that should be your computers IP.

Neszy likes this.
  15. Miirik

Miirik Yeah, You!

This worked for me. As the host i needed to connect to 127.0.0.1, and everyone else connected to my external IP.

16. wolfgirl1842

wolfgirl1842 Aquatic Astronaut

found it its labled as Service User under triggering tnx for the help

17. Taeleon

Taeleon Master Chief

Glad to hear it!

18. CrystalPaladen

CrystalPaladen Intergalactic Tourist

I've tried everything I can find on the forums. When I have my applications set to run as administrator I couldn't even get starbound to launch anymore so I had to undo that. I have both TCP and UDP forwarded to 21025 and I have the IP directed to my computers static IP. I gave it every permission I know possible in McAfee and let the applications have full access through the windows firewall. I'm completely out of ideas. I was able to get terraria to work using all of these methods but Starbound refuses to cooperate. No matter what I can't get canyouseeme to say the port is open. I can connect to the server myself but my friend cannot.
    I have a Actiontec GT784WN Wireless Ndsl modem. If anyone could provide me with any insight or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I'd really like to get my friend on my server.

19. Archangel

Archangel Void-Bound Voyager

Works great for me! Thanks =]

20. BestOfFools

BestOfFools Void-Bound Voyager

So the incoming and outgoing ports are both 21025?