September 2nd - New Mission Prep

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

There is no winning with the community . . ..

Or at least in their eyes.

They gave news as to stuff, but they didn't keep it consistent.
    Since it's been, like, 7-8 months since a substantial update came (disregarding Valentine), they need to give the community something to show that they haven't abandoned them.
    Of course, then there are those that want a stable update soon, but the Nighties show that there is progress being made.
    But, since they are overhauling the game, there probably won't be another update for at least 2-3 months from now.

Now, onto something that I just thought up for an actual semi-stable update:
    Every month, the last week or so is used to fix any gamebreaking bugs, so that every month, people can see progress. If someone is utterly broken, but not necessary, possibly just exclude that from the update, as to not screw with things.
    That way, the Nighty-ers (?) get what they want, and the Stable-ers get some update if they are too scared to try out the Nighties.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  2. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I can only imagine missions involving Apex. Having to go on infiltration and raids in order to rescue other apex rebels to form a far formidable resistance against the MiniKnog

3. Tweakz

Tweakz Void-Bound Voyager

@Armagon Can you tell us a bit about the hole development process at the moment? I like seeing the daily updates on what you are working atm. But if you could tell us how the overall impression and progress for the new Stable Update is looking would be lovely. I do not want a release date for the next patch... i just would like to know in what phase you are in like "implementing more content", "polishing up some mechanics" or like "preparing for next patch release" etc. If you can not answer it right away is also no problem. Cheers!

4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

Implementing more content, most definitely.
    The Nighties are still quite broken, so not polishing, and since it's not yet polishing, its not preparing.

5. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

yah but nightly is sopost to be nightly
    and stable is sopost to be when its done
    its not complaining its just bringing attention to it
    and it seems they fixed it so it should update tonight
    thanks omni =D

6. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Excuse me, then. I misunderstood your message.

7. jjk9

jjk9 Void-Bound Voyager

That sounds like how XBMC (Xbox Media Center) is updated. It could work, but I think that would just slow them down in reaching the goal they want for what content and mechanics ans stuff they want for each stable release. They can just add stuff and fix as they go along without really worrying about a monthly deadline to get iit more stable.

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

New Art assets are always a welcome addition

9. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Telling a story with the environment?

...........I'm listening

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Actually, you might find this interesting if you haven't read it already.

http://blog.chucklefish.org/

And, I think you mean "whole", as in "whole development process". "Hole" is a different ballpark entirely.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's not even the same sport.

Cowboy Bebop and Dargona1018 like this.
  12. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Great work!