September 22nd - Loot, Loot, Loot!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Sep 23, 2014.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Yes, we're definitely doing more biome-specific loot, and for normal surface biomes (desert, forest, etc) in addition to the mini biomes.

Hahahah, yes, I did remove meat from all bookshelf loot tables as part of this change :p

At the moment, yes, but that will change. I think the crafted weapons are going to become the basic, bottom-of-the-tier weapons, which will generally be worse than almost anything you find in the world.

Speed Lightning, Dembai and Sitanel like this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

SImply a fantastic job - something that really needed to be overhauled. But the work done here is above and beyond the call of duty.

Please if possible make Ore placement in a similar fashion. So ores can be biome specific [ in the underground layer ]

3. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Now in the next update can the crash log please be updated to tell what part of your treasurepool files is broken when you're trying to change them all over?

This guesswork is losing it's fun value...

IMPORTANT
    EDIT: Error is only unreadable in the OpenGL version, as referenced here : http://pastebin.com/JQJ6BMVy

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. Dembai

Dembai Void-Bound Voyager

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. I was a little like "omg, my prof would have slapped me so hard for not letting the computer do all the math!" (It's been...15 years since I programmed anything, lol)

5. ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

Once Staves get more developed, will randomly-generated staves be possible?

And will we be able to declare custom sets for randomly-generated weapons? Like, instead of gun parts always being "butt", "middle", and "barrel", can we define say, guns with 4 or more segments?

6. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I talked with @OmnipotentEntity on IRC, it seems he's the one who did most of the coding for staves, he said they were mostly hard coded and aren't very flexible, I seem to have come to the same conclusion, hopefully this will be changed in the future, hopefully he can figure out a directional projectile system without it being too hard to indicate intention, the human staff lacks utility currently IMHO due to only firing horizontally...