September 14th & 15th Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

If only we had the, bear necessities Armagon, Those can not do without beta necessities of life o/~
    (Its a joke, nobody freak :p)

2. Zeek931

Zeek931 Space Spelunker

Just a little bit longer *hint* *hint*.

3. jeffhunter12

jeffhunter12 Void-Bound Voyager

A "bit" longer? then u better keep your word mister!

Paddon and Rex Chestington like this.
  4. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

Actually it doesn't matter at all if people stray away from it now. All those people that are saying now that they lot interest or that they cancelled their preorder will be back as soon as the game releases, that is for sure. It is just their current impatience that drives them to say such things. So no reason to worry about anything there.

5. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

"Please bear with us a bit longer!"
    I hate it when you people use words like bit. Just go ahead and come out of the closet. Go on and say its going to be 3 months before beta is out.
    The number of times you continually string the community along with vagueness is killing me.
    And you know what? If the beta came out before this deadline you set- I wouldn't be angry. I would download and enjoy the game. But enough with Soon™ already. Seriously now.

6. Sinaqui

Sinaqui Title Not Found

Will wiring be on a separate layer from blocks and/or can wiring be embedded into blocks?

tassina and WilliamWallace like this.
  7. Ninjabean123

Ninjabean123 Master Chief

This made my day happy.

8. WilliamWallace

WilliamWallace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Blue Hair, Pingeh, onerb2 and 4 others like this.
  9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Looking good. I'm liking the dungeon.

10. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds awesome, hope your main storyline quests are just as detailed. :D

11. GodBlock

GodBlock Orbital Explorer

I had been following these updates with hopes it would lead to a beta before, you know, GTA V.

Doesn't look like it now though, see you all in 2014!!

12. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

I hope I see a cell with 'What if they get me!?' written on the wall :sneaky:

13. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I'm sure a lot of people will be very pleased to have Auto Turrets and Security Cameras confirmed.

I'm personally much more excited to see the limits of what the dungeon generator can do.

The NPC behavior is also a huge deal, and I bet a lot of players don't even realize how much this will effect them.

Big thumbs up for yet another amazing update.

tassina and onerb2 like this.
  14. Belgoliad

Belgoliad Phantasmal Quasar

Ah man. That dungeon is looking *TIIIIIGHT.*
    Gotta ask though, can I peel that text off the wall and put it somewhere else? Like if I want my outside toilet to say "They said they would come back," could that be done? Because it'd be a hilarious way to show the conquest of a (presumably) challenging dungeon: Displaying filched wall words in the lavatory.

tassina and RaptorAnton like this.
  15. Difiv3

Difiv3 Space Spelunker

Omg looks so cool :'D

16. Emilgardis

Emilgardis Phantasmal Quasar

Cool! I'm definitely a huge fan of the wiring system! Awesome for defending bases and all.
    One thing though, the glitch spies(cameras) are a little big, you'd think that they'd become smaller with all the time.

Silican Beat and tassina like this.
  17. Duke

Duke Big Damn Hero

"Please bear with us a bit longer!"

WiiU and Oculus Rift versions confirmed.

tassina, Lord Hatty and onerb2 like this.
  18. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Aww yeah!
    I'm so gonna wire up cameras and turrets to protect my base from mobs and enjoy the carnage! ;)

Also that prison dungeon is looking really cool.
    I like how Starbound has extreme silliness (Space Pirate Penguins?! Living poop?!) but also grim stuff like these creepy prisons.

tassina, onerb2 and Duke like this.
  19. Tool_dc

Tool_dc Aquatic Astronaut

Those screens are pure awesomeness. Keep up the good work guys and take your time!

20. Diagnosan

Diagnosan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Alright. The wall writing really has my interest. We've seen a few different styles now in the snapshots. Can players do this, and if so how?

tassina and onerb2 like this.