Security Systems

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Insanitor, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

This would be a nice feature, but I think, they already had this idea, because, it's essential !

2. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

And then if someone walks into the LoS it activates a nuke that destroys the planet. I like this!

3. vALextreme

vALextreme Tentacle Wrangler

Maybee security lasers would be nice :D ofc deadly.. or trapdoors too. (someone falls to pool which is full of crocodiles.. :D)

4. SanguineLaw

SanguineLaw Orbital Explorer

This would be a lot of fun, especially if you could monitor certain sections and "flick through" your different security cameras (if they were hooked up to one screen). The only real problem would be determining what a security camera would be able to see, right? I mean it's tough wrapping your head around what a 2D camera would capture.

MorganRaptor likes this.
  5. mrCheetah

mrCheetah Big Damn Hero

Maybe it has like a triange Line of Sight that rotates and the rest is like Fog Of War.

6. SanguineLaw

SanguineLaw Orbital Explorer

That makes sense then, in which case it would be pretty cool to have a camera that can be adjusted remotely to change it's FoV

7. ShayneThill

ShayneThill Seal Broken

Metal detector for gold is also a good security system.

8. Grakiao

Grakiao Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This would be amazing!

9. 60and80

60and80 Star Wrangler

Add it now chucklefish CAUSE ITS EPIC

10. Steve_Evnaich

Steve_Evnaich Void-Bound Voyager

11. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now, what would be REALLY cool to add to your idea of coolness, would be a flying-camera that is set to follow a player with live feed going back to a wall monitor until you disable it from doing that or if it is somehow destroyed. And to put the icing on the awesome flavored cake, attach a turret programed to attack [insert mob(s)] to the flying camera (Could be attached to the flying device without camera) :iswydt:

12. Sir Scarfalot

Sir Scarfalot Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe with automated turrets and defenses? Robots, or hired NPCs so you could have your own little security army!

13. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

This is cool ! Maybe also something that Lock / Unlock the doors of your Guild / Houses ( automatically or manually ) ! If someone tries to steal something from you, he will be trapped by the triggering of the Alarm or Security Camera. No escape, death confirmed !

Obviously the objects in your Guild / House ( like walls, doors and stuff ) need the item you find in the dungeons - that one you need to destroy to break all the objects inside - to avoid lamers and griefers !

I quote also the post above - Like the NPC's / Robots hired to defend your stuff while you are exploring other planets

14. tacoswithfriends

tacoswithfriends Subatomic Cosmonaut

15. Zzen2

Zzen2 Void-Bound Voyager

You should be able to add allowed players so when your friend wants to borrow wood or a gun or something your guns don't slaughter them lol.

16. isaackoz

isaackoz Void-Bound Voyager

Yes! I would love to have this idea!!!
    Not sure if there is already wires that go in the background kind of like terraria and you can only see them with certain tools.

17. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

You have my full support on this idea! <3

Why do you post something TOTALLY unrelated to the thread here?? It feels like a little spam you know xD kind of like those in the comments on youtube who's like "I know you probably will never read this blah. blah. blah but check out my channel" xD it's not that bad tho, just saying xD
    (sorry if I came out with this the wrong way didn't mean to be really rude just wanted to point it out ;))

18. General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope the game will have a lot of interesting unique systems.Knock out gas,security droid deploys,chamber flooding (gas or liquid),wall guns/lazers,security teleporttation(system teleports you out of facility you were in),guard animal releases, wind used to push back the player or not allow them to pass,etc. The more the better when it comes to the variety and threat level to the player would be fantastic.

Dragrath and TheKrister2 like this.
  19. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree. That would be slexi ;)

20. Lukecki

Lukecki Master Chief

Great idea :D