1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

SECRET AREA DISCOVERED!! Boar Beach

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vahnkiljoy, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

It very much so is, Dennis! I believe there's more to that secret too, but you'll need some specific items to find out...

• Dennis

Dennis Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm still alive in that same run, if I find more movement-enhancing items I'll try to go up there.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Possibly, nice find, though gotta have a working jetpack or enough broken ones to get up there.

• Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

I haven't tried it in the most recent version, but in a previous version I went there with a ton of broken jetpacks and there was an invisible wall blocking me from jumping up onto the platforms, so as far as I could tell there wasn't anything more to it.

• natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

It kinda is, a secret side area with a chest, yes. :) Or, well, mine had a chest at least.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not quite: this is a bit obvious thing.

• Dennis

I was talking mostly about the fact there's a path going up, and I DID have to take damage to get there in the first place.

I got to Magma Barracks twice with 6 rusty jetpacks, the layout was different and that particular place was not there anymore, if anyone happens to get there with jetpacks, can you try to go up again?

• natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

I had 9 broken jetpacks. Proof in the video in this topic. It still wasn't enough at all to get up, and I also had the item that says "No hands" for its description (green flames, time limited flight). It just keeps going up and I never saw a ledge.

• Dennis

Oh, I see. Thanks for the answer!

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Ah yes, that place was there since the first version of the stage. I've also tried going up there with multiple Photon Jetpacks, it turns out you end up at an invisible ceiling then.

• Shrooblord

That's too bad. I believe it calls for a secret area!

Draken09 likes this.
                        • Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

True, but the secret (I think "Hidden" is more appropriate in this case) chest is still nice.

• arcticwolf15

arcticwolf15 Phantasmal Quasar

In all honesty, I really hope this turns into something like the City of Gold in Spelunky. (Essentially find items/do challenges earlier, unlock secret level later)

Venom, Burby, AbeX300 and 2 others like this.
                            • BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Were you using a xbox360 controller? if so
                              HOW DO YOU CONNECT IT TO A PC? D;

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

You need a special wireless adapter for a wireless controller, or you need a special controller. You can't connect regular controllers, unfortunately. :/

• Shrooblord

Also, if you plan on using a USB headset or microphone with your wireless receiver, be ready to buy an external USB hub, because the two aren't friends!

• BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Figured out on how to get a ps3 controller working for this game.
                                    (with a usb) this also works for xbox.
                                    Posting a thread about it about now

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

nope.. i've been up there and there is a invisible wall border thingy

• Shrooblord

So I've been farming Boar Beach a couple of times but can't figure out whether or not the White Shirt item you get from that one Boarlet does anything. My preliminary guess is no, since I've seen no noticable effects. From what I can tell by the Boarlet, it's supposed to give you massive evade chance, making about 70% of attacks DODGE. I'm not sure if the item should transfer as much evade chance as that to the player (I would assume not) but so far I haven't dodged a single attack with up to 3 Shirts in my possession. Ideas?

• Fatalerror66

Fatalerror66 Space Hobo

awesome great find man