1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

SECRET AREA DISCOVERED!! Boar Beach

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vahnkiljoy, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Sly 3 4 me

Sly 3 4 me Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice find. Has anyone tried to replicate this to see if they were able to travel to the area?

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

So, if you wanted to keep it a secret then why bother posting about it in a thread ABOUT secret areas? I don't QUITE follow that logic, something could well be buggy about it but since you want to for some reason keep it a secret so the small beta community can't access it for testing sakes then what was the point of your post burby?

• Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

I can pretty much guarantee it's a secret area and not a bug. Here are a couple screenshots for those of you who want to see it.

[​IMG]
        [​IMG]

Kobalstromo, Daimera and Rawrquaza like this.
        • Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I just figured I'd let people know that there are in fact more secrets already implemented, but people who would want to find out what it is by themselves can do so. I guess in hindsight I could've used the spoiler tag, but I often forget it's even there :V

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I knew SOMETHING had to be done with that teleporterlike structure on that map, but just couldn't quite figure it out. Well that logic can work WHEN THE GAME IS RELEASED, but for now it's in beta, the way to access it might be bugged or something isn't working right. So, with that, it's our jobs as the beta testers to find this kind of stuff and test it as well as inform the comminuty to be on the look out, so how did you use the teleporter relic? You post the pic but still allude to what happens.

• Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

There's a place where you can walk through a wall (it seems intentional, though it's a solid-looking wall), which leads to a pretty difficult jump to make (that you can only do as the miner or with a Photon Jetpack, apparently). Once you go through there, there's a passageway leading to the dropdown. As for the Cubic Artifact? It says when you pick it up that it doesn't do anything right now, so all it really did for me was sit there showing up as an item I had picked up.

Draken09 likes this.
              • arcticwolf15

arcticwolf15 Phantasmal Quasar

I've managed to go to both Boar Beach and the area with the useless artifact.
                I'm pretty sure
                the entrance to Boar Beach spawns randomly in the top left of the Frozen Valley stage. To enter, finish the teleporter wave(?) and stand in front of it for a few seconds.

I had actually previously been to the artifact room, but nothing spawned in it and I was unable to get out and died due to jellyfish. Revisiting this place I DID manage to find the artifact.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Actually you can go into the beach whenever just stand in front of the bushes and press up, I did it earlier.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How you manage to catch item there? This needs to do something else or it just random? I got there twice but there wasn't any item.

• Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

Dose raise the question for how long these secrets have been here, and if there are more in the game already and we just don't knowX3

Draken09 likes this.
                      • Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I managed to pick up the item just now. I don't know if it's in any way related to the amount of time it takes you to get there, but it possibly might? It took me 33 seconds this specific run.

I still have copies of every version I've downloaded on my hard drive, so I can head back and check.

Draken09 likes this.
                        • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

In my testing, I only got it when I was on Normal mode, not on Hardcore.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I've noticed that the artifact only appears when you spawn on the bottom left, near where it'll be located. I'm pretty certain this is a bug with the proximity of the player, making it not spawn if you start in any other location. It doesn't seem to disappear over time after all. I've tried hanging around it for 5 minutes and eventually died to an overload of jellyfish. It's not easy to dodge them if you're not used to playing as a miner while also trying to avoid picking up an item for testing purposes. I haven't yet figured out what the item is for, if it has any purpose as of yet, but I've got a decent run going at this moment, I might be able to uncover something.

EDIT: Nevermind. I locked the computer and the game shut itself off. Retrying when possible.

• Sly 3 4 me

Sly 3 4 me Void-Bound Voyager

I fell off the map on the left and right side on Boar Beach due to their being no collision on either. It's fun moving super fast though, lol.

• Cantiep

Cantiep Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also found those arches in the third stage (The Tundra stage) and there was a chest and a random item chest.

[​IMG]

Also, I found this towards the right of the map.

[​IMG]

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, those have always been there. It really raises a lot of questions at this point, but I suppose it's fun to try and find some connections among it all.

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Well if you look at them they basically look like supersized versions of the teleporters, so, one could guesstimate that whatever used to reign over the planet made those large arches for possibly teleporting large quantities of things or just large objects themselves.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe they still do use them! The bosses appear out of nowhere - maybe they were teleported in... ;)

Draken09 and Rawrquaza like this.
                                      • natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

I've done it myself. After defeating the general enemies, I realized the they weren't coming back, only the miniboss Toxic Boar. So I kept beating it again and again and got tons of items. Kinda an exploit...

• Dennis

Dennis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could this be another secret?

Bottom right of the magma barracks, I used smoke bomb to take less damage and just went as far to the right as I could. There was a chest here too [​IMG]