[SBTV] StarBoundTV - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Sizzle, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Zet0r

Zet0r Twenty-three is number one

Where there be episodes? And you're almost at 200 subscribers! :D

2. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

We are actually working on something pretty cool to release very soon, perhaps today :)

Zet0r likes this.
  3. Zet0r

Are you recruiting builders? If you want to make machinimas and mod reviews, it would be nice to have someone to build it. Say a lab style area for mod reviews, studios for interviews and so on. I know they are first needed when the beta is released, but if you need them at that point I'd like to reserve such a slot. I could at that point maybe also be an actor for machinimas and maybe later co-host specific series like Mod Reviews. I could also be a 'helping where its needed'-type of guy when I'm not doing the other things. These roles are first needed when a playable game is out, but that fits with the fact that I don't have time now until the end of summer (which is where I'm guessing the beta will be out).
    If you need any of these, let me know because I'd love to part of this team. I'll fill the form if that's the case. If not, then I might apply for something else later if I change my mind, but currently I don't have time for the other roles.
    But nonetheless, keep up the good work! :D

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

Make sure you stick around our thread, as soon as we have a server up we will be needing admins, mods, builders, etc :D

5. Zet0r

Sure :D

Edit:
    By server, are you referring to a public server, since you mentioned admins? I was thinking private server for filming whatever series are being made in the actual game. I could build for both, but I would prefer to build something that ends up on the channel :)

6. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

It would work both ways, we'd have planets with sets for certain machinimas and videos that are private from public, and also game planets, spawn planet, pvp planet, as well as other types of planets :D

Having the sets on a public server also means that if we are ever short on actors (people who stand around), then we can just ask the people on our server to help out :)

Zet0r and MrHiggintop like this.
  7. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

I really like that idea!

8. Zet0r

I'll just leave an application now so that's out of the way (it's also nice to have a slot secured and be amongst the first). I got a friend who has the same experience as me and is looking forward to Starbound as well, but he isn't on the forums (yet). He was very interested in joining this as well, and we would work well together.
    I'll make him drop an application today.

But here's mine:
    Name or future IGN: Zet0r
    Forum name: Zet0r
    Country you are currently living in: Denmark
    Position you're after: Builder (when that is needed), actor for machinimas, and most likely later co-host for a specific series (interested in hosting Mod Reviews with my friend)
    Previous experience in this position: I have acted for Minecraft machinimas before, but those few remain unfinished projects. I have been building on servers before they were opened to the public.
    Example of your work: Since I'm not home now, I can't get any screenshots, but what I've built ranges from beautiful architecture to giant biome terraforming. I have been playing Minecraft and Terraria a lot, so I have much experience (Minecraft since Beta 1.2_02, Terraria about a year and a half)

It would be nice if you could review this now, even though I'm first needed for beta. That way I know if I have a slot secured before we begin ;)

Superbiffel likes this.
  9. Superbiffel

Superbiffel Tentacle Wrangler

Name or future IGN: Superbiffel
    Forum name: Superbiffel
    Country you are currently living in: Denmark
    Position you're after: Builder (when that is needed), actor for machinimas, co-hosting (interested in hosting Mod Reviews with my friend Zet0r), i am also capable of editing videos, if that is needed. I am also very interested in graphic design, but as of now i am just a beginner.
    Previous experience in this position: I have built for minecraft servers, made videos with my friends. Done some video projects for school.
    Example of your work: I do not have any examples as most of the work i have done is not in my possession, and i would like to us Starbound.tv as a way of learning video editing, voicework, graphic design and such.

And also nice work with the 200 subscribers :gooby::iswydt::gooby:

Zet0r likes this.
  10. 13SithDeceiver13

13SithDeceiver13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Can we apply for multiple positions in one application?

11. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

I can't see why not, :)

12. 13SithDeceiver13

13SithDeceiver13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Possible Future IGN: Sith
    Forum Name: 13SithDeceiver13
    Positions: Writer, Director, Actor, Basic Video Editor, Voice Actor (After I get a better microphone.)
    Previous Experience:

• Writer: I write in my free time, and am always looking to improve. I don't usually share any of my work, but here is the first short story I ever put online.
    • Director: Not really any experience, but I am always coming up with ideas for machinimas, videos, etc. Ties into writing as well.
    • Actor: Acting School (for the life of me I can't remember the name, I'll edit if I do), various acting camps, school plays, and I was an extra in Law Abiding Citizen, The Answer Man, The Matter With Clark, and multiple college films.
    • Video Editor: I'm capable of some pretty basic video editing. I have a Youtube channel where I occasionally post things.
    • Voice Actor: None, really. Though I've been wanting to try it seeing as Live Action jobs haven't really been coming in any more.

13. MiMMFace

MiMMFace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice rockin' new post layout there, Jyles!

MrHiggintop and Sizzle like this.
  14. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

You're promoted. <3

15. frostybubbles

frostybubbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WOW! that layout was just amazing! I've never seen something so sparkly!! It really blew my mittens off. It was so amazing I had to get my family to show them! this is simply a work of art that just made my day! Simply beautiful. amazing. great work.

16. MrHiggintop

MrHiggintop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:eek: Can I have a promotion?

17. Sizzle

Sizzle Phantasmal Quasar

Your demoted

MrHiggintop likes this.
  18. Dubology

Dubology Big Damn Hero

Still better than a Door Mat.

Sizzle and MrHiggintop like this.
  19. frostybubbles

frostybubbles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

downvote*

Sizzle and MrHiggintop like this.
  20. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

This seems cool. I like hearing news about starbound.
    But god, i want that beta ._.

Sizzle likes this.