1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SBSE - Customize your player colors using any color!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Phaze, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickybubbles

mickybubbles Space Penguin Leader

the hair in the preview box disappears when armor is switched on

otherwise seems to work well

note: vanity slots override actual armor slots to show in the editor

2. Phaze

Phaze Pangalactic Porcupine

@mickybubbles under which circumstance does the hair disappear? I have it set to hide when you're wearing a helmet, but show always when you're not.

EDIT: Ah I see it disappears when the head item doesn't cover the head as well. I'll look into it, thanks for letting me know!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. mickybubbles

ahhh
    its because i was wearing the winter scarf, which doesn't actually cover the head. that'll be why

also, tested on a few clothes e.g wizard robes, colors don't save back
    please don't take this is negative criticism :)

this is what i wanted:
    [​IMG]

4. Phaze

Haha I don't see it as negative. There's definitely going to be quite a few cases where things don't work as expected, so I appreciate the help in reporting them. Looks like I have a few more things to work on in the morning though!

EDIT: Are you sure about the wizard robes? I just made a floran and gave it some wizard robes, edited the colors to black and it worked fine:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  5. mickybubbles

weird, maybe i messed up.
    some armor sets look very cool with some nice colours

6. Shadoxx-Aurion

Shadoxx-Aurion Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pretty good tool.
    You should turn this into a complete Character Editor. (Allow us to edit the Name, Description and Hair of the Character.)

Weegeemang likes this.
  7. mickybubbles

Gear made a tool that does all that.
    you can change name, description, add pixels and add items in, you just need to know the item names as in the assets folders

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  8. Phaze

New update today to support/fix hair with head items. Things that don't entirely cover your head should show your hair correctly and still let you edit your hair color.

9. Esoi

Esoi Tentacle Wrangler

I can't change ANYTHING in the vanity slot... it saves then when I click single player/multiplayer my game crashes. Editing armor equips work fine, though.

10. mickybubbles

i've changed plenty of vanity items - capes, scarves, etc.

11. AeoX

AeoX Void-Bound Voyager

AHA, trying to edit the Pixel Hero cape makes it crap itself! It tosses an error at me every time I try to save while the Pixel Hero cape is equipped ANYWHERE. (Something went horribly wrong, etc)

Actually, this seems to be the case for any back item... :(

Really there are some I can indeed edit, but it crashes my game on the character select screen.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  12. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

Really, really nice tool, though I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done about the Avian stomach color, cause it changes with the base color, and while I don't mind that too much, the normal white would be a bit better. So was just curious if there's any way to fix that. Though I don't know if there is without changing game files. :I

13. Maikito

Maikito Void-Bound Voyager

Everytime I try to save, it just tells me something seriously wrong occurred. I've tried clicking and directly going to a certain location, and I've tried dragging it.

EDIT : I discovered it was caused by my backpack item (The Toxic Flower Backpack) and my Wizard Hat. Don't know what exactly is different between those items and my other clothes, but apparently they have some sort of special properties that make them unchangeable I guess?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  14. Mr. Zombie

Mr. Zombie Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sad I can't color my Space Marine helmet

15. Mr_Grin

Mr_Grin Void-Bound Voyager

Been fiddling with this and like @Maikito was saying, I'm thinking backpack items bork it completely. One of my characters would save properly, then crash Starbound upon loading. The other character wouldn't save at all, same error (something seriously wrong occurred). Will try taking off the backpack I'm using (lantern) and go from there. Awesome tool, by the way!

EDIT: Even after removing the backpack slotted item, it still won't save. Keeps giving me the 'seriously wrong' error and asking for a refresh, which just resets the character.

16. mickybubbles

[​IMG]

17. GrayAu

GrayAu Space Hobo

add an option to CHANGE HAIRSTYLE itself and +100

18. Phaze

Thanks for all the feedback and assistance to those of you who let me know the problems they had and especially to those who did some poking around on their own to see what was the problem.

I've pushed an update that I *think* fixes the saving bug and the game crashing bug. I've tried on a few different player files that didn't appear to be saving correctly before and they've all worked just fine for me. But the nature of the beast is that there's probably another circumstance that I'm missing, so if you have a problem please let me know!

@GrayAu I'll be looking into further expanding into those features soon, I've been a bit busy with holidays and my job so this stuff is only really worked on when I have time.

Mr_Grin likes this.
  19. Mr_Grin

Mr_Grin Void-Bound Voyager

Nice! I'll be sure to test this tonight after work and either reply here or PM you if I run into any issue.

20. NOTtheMessiah

NOTtheMessiah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems the next step would be to change stance and sex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.