Digital Ryuujin's Stuff (Chronicles of a custom race)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by RyuujinZERO, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

:eek:
    someone's got the same idea, but yes, that is quite an amazing picture you got there, awesome work RyuujinZero, :notworthy: were not worthy to be in the presence of your awesomeness...

joedanger likes this.
  2. Strazyplus

Strazyplus Big Damn Hero

Drools! Modding that into a wallpaper or something :D

3. Sarduka

Sarduka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, yeah. I must agree here. Awesome! :up:

joedanger likes this.
  4. joedanger

joedanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good job, also just figured how to download mods properly so I'm gonna download this but just a question even thought this is a race mod if you were a diffrent class would there still be stuff I could use?

5. inarinokojirou

inarinokojirou Void-Bound Voyager

mod which I very have a cute avali and is splendid.
    mod which is popular in Japan.
    I support it.:oops:

6. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

if your meaning racial item wise... then if your able to get a hold of it your able to use it, but "human shape" armor/outfits for example don't really work with the Avali, same in reverse due to the different body shape, well... you can use it, it just looks funny.

joedanger likes this.
  7. Ninja Serenity

Ninja Serenity Big Damn Hero

all I have to say is: thanks for the new wallpaper, this is amazing!

8. pauliusdud

pauliusdud Aquatic Astronaut

Its to Awesome , to not be on a wallpaper

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Ahhhh hero worship! *flees*

Alas I should've made it bigger, kind've low res for a wallpaper unless you modify it a bit :p

10. yamatohekatsue

yamatohekatsue Void-Bound Voyager

when the Avali run do they run or move like say a velociraptor, or try to more or let stand up right, when I look at how they are built it looks like they can stand
    up right but would move hunched forward

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Technically they SHOULD hunch forward, hence they have the long relatively rigid tail to counterbalance. Unfortunately starbound's engine is hard-coded in where to position the head node, so it's impossible to animate them that way

12. yamatohekatsue

no i was asking because Im drawing one my character to be exact and seeing as they SHOULD lean forward I will do that if I make a running pose

13. pauliusdud

pauliusdud Aquatic Astronaut

Well I dont really care its been my wallpaper image for a while now .

14. yamatohekatsue

and yes Im using Utahraptors and Velociraptors as analogs

15. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

i wouldn't exactly say "hero worship" but i highly doubt many of us can be on equal par, although we are all awesome in our own way's, yes? ^^

16. Comito

Comito Pangalactic Porcupine

You've created a really cool race here, I must say!

Were you using them before Spore, or was that their first appearance?

Also, are you drawing pictures of Avali characters? Just curious.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Technically no, the original template came about from discussing Spore and it's possibilities and fleshed out over a long time after

I havn't time to draw all the concept material I'd like to draw for my own needs with the development of the mod :p - Afraid I havn't the time to take requests

18. Comito

Comito Pangalactic Porcupine

Fair enough, then!

I just thought of something yesterday. After reading that their homeworld is called Avalon, I realized I may have been pronouncing their species name wrong.

Is it 'A-vahl-ee', or 'A-va-lī'? Or something else?

Strazyplus likes this.
  19. Strazyplus

Strazyplus Big Damn Hero

^^ this!

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

'A-vahl-ee' is how I tend to pronounce it; but I'm from Southern England, so I tend to place greater emphasis on the "a". It came up the other day when I was chatting to @Levrix on voice chat :p

However, Avalon's name (At least that's the name assigned by humans for English translation, the Avali probably call it and themselves something utterly unpronouncable) is from Celtic/Southern English mythology

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    Strazyplus, Levrix and Comito like this.