1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Roleplay Server?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by JackalBlogs, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Wise Nyt

Wise Nyt Subatomic Cosmonaut

JackalBlogs likes this.
  2. JackalBlogs

JackalBlogs Tentacle Wrangler

3. Cor Ignis

Cor Ignis Aquatic Astronaut

I'd be happy enough to join,though I'd rather use a new character to do that since I'm not fond of using a premade one from single player.

• Name: Arcacia Rinslet
    • Appearance (Picture):
      I couldn't find any good long haired images that fit her character personality.

• [​IMG]

• Personality: Solemn,collected,Passive,Protective,and Motherly.
    • Equipment: Currently none. (Scavengers Find them as they go.)
    • Skills and Abilities (Mundane and Unique): L.R.C(Long Range Combat.),C.Q.C. (Close Quarters Combat),Farming,Weapons Smithing,Engineering,Turning an enemy into a friend.
    • History: Arcacia Rinslet was originally a former Fleet admiral of the four hundred and eighty fifth Borialis Contingency,prior to having been wiped out on their last engagement of the enemy that destroyed earth humanity's hope seemed bleak as well as hers,Arcacia was one of the few humans to have been introduced to cloning program that allowed one upon death to have their memories,personality and the things that made them who they were into an adjustable body that could be cloned by the specifications of their own design request,This technology was replicated from Caldari technology which was then distributed through some rare humans that had went through the lottery,Arcacia being one of those rare few after being killed in action had now been recloned on a critically damaged vessel that retained alot of it's vital functions,it's engines,and other necessities were offline,warp drives damaged,hull bruised and battered,interior looked to have suffered from disrepeair,and the 3D printing technology barely was able to clone a body to bring her back to life,the ship was known as Fire Born Eternal whose captain was of course a die hard halo fan who had indeed died from wounds and was jettisoned into space through the bridge of the ship,the door sealed shut for the safety of it's own crew through an automated system now disabled until brought back online to then open so that the maintenance team would one day fix it...Set stranded on the ship and having repaired the Teleportation system she set off to find the materials needed to fix the ship and travel the stars to seek new allies on her journey through space in hopes of finding what little humanity was left and reunite them to one day rebuild a new earth to call their own.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    JackalBlogs likes this.
  4. JackalBlogs

Perfect form, thank you so much for your time!

5. Wise Nyt

I guess it'd make sense if I also wrote a CS just for reference. It doesn't have to be a normal CS, it could be a wanted poster or an info log. Colors and unique ways of telling the characters story with out having to say it is also a neat way of writing one up. Anything to spicy it up would be pretty neat and probably make it more interesting ;)
    This would be mine for example.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Data log : #225
    Code : Rubble
    Prison Code: *1621
    Name: ???
    Species: Novakid

Prison sentence: The theft of two U.S.C.M ships, multiple escapes from U.S.C.M custody, 48 separate classified documents about the Glitch Cultists and their ancient artifacts, Identify fraud and the theft of another ship from a high ranking Novakid as well as identify theft from this same Novakid.

Nick Name: Wise Nyt (The name of the stolen identify)
    Last known image of said culprit: :Wise Nyt of the desert.png

Character type: From what observed from his time in prison, he seems to be quite the calm and polite individual and will often try to make friends with the other prisoners. He would solve a dispute as long as it doesn't put him in harms way. The one thing we've noticed is his obsession with gaining others trust, however we haven't actually seen him give any real information about himself to any of the other prisoners.
    Prisoner's background: Classified.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope this has inspired any new comers to make some cool and interesting character sheets. Have fun :rofl:
    (Although, there is nothing wrong with some simple and effective writing)

Attached Files:

JackalBlogs likes this.
  6. jerrythorman2

jerrythorman2 Space Hobo

Thanks so much for the post.

7. Cor Ignis

Add me on Steam if you want to know more about my other characters. I just modified arcacia to be lore friendly to star bound,her original character is more or less interesting as well as the actual series I've spent nine years role playing with and expanding via textile rp in social groups and sites. My Steam is dedicated to the worship of the Dark Lord Chinchin.

Ore wa ochinchin ga dai tsuki dayo!

My steam name is Gibe De Puci B0SS as refference to pink man from Filthy Frank...I will say Filthy Frank is my all time favorite youtuber.

8. Wise Nyt

I wouldn't mind hearing about them, assuming it's some sort of written story.

9. Wise Nyt

What's good people
    So I've been on the server for a little while but already its become pretty popular.
    Which is pretty dam sweet:)
    However somebody came on and was wondering where the RP was...

So I had an idea

I thought it was alright the way it was, meeting people and just getting straight into it if you feel like it but I guess it would be nice if there was some sort of way to kick things off in terms of the RP side of things.

So, I thought it'd be a neat idea if there was a way to introduce everyone who's up for the RP side of things, possibly a planet with a player created dungeon which could kick things off. My example would be: A planet with a codex that (For one reason or the other) everyone is looking for, during this time you may meet another player and make something up from there ;)

I like it!
    If you think this is a good idea let me know and I'll actually take the time to build such a dungeon and hand out the coordinates to the RP people.
    But I may have a better idea...
    If you've got a better idea then please feel free to post it and details on what kind of help you'll need or if you can manage it on your own would be pretty sweet too.
    Side Note:
    Just for those who like to RP there is a nice mod called "Sky rails sits mod" It allows you to sit anywhere, unless jackal says no in which case feel free to throw it out your imaginary window.:D
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/skyrail-sits.2172/ - The mod link

JackalBlogs likes this.
  10. JackalBlogs

Very nice, only, this server isn't /my/ server. It was passed on to Titan, as we know him. He often plays as Alpha or Rasmus, and the server is his now. You should probably discuss things him.

11. Wise Nyt

Will do.

12. Fuschia

Fuschia Void-Bound Voyager

I'd be willing to join in, I really want to play Starbound but I need something to do other than play all by my lonesome! My steam is Silent Life. Hope my concept is OK. Please contact me if so?

• Name:
    Odette

• Appearance (Picture):
    [​IMG]
    • Personality:
    *POW!* "D-don't touch me!"

Odette is excessively hostile and incoherent when another person gets close enough to touch her. Even with animals people usually like playing with like mythical cats and dogs Odette tends to be very uncomfortable when in close proximity towards them.

"This would make one pretty penny... or, well, pixel."

Odette is a trader, so like any trader she's got an eye for valuables. Not only that, she usually has a pretty good way with words when it comes to the battle of bartering.

"My hunk of junk ship can hardly carry the clothes on my back, let alone the potassium-filled produce that you speak of!"

Trading is all well and good when there's no risk involved, but Odette uses her trading skills in areas that really need it. You know, some premium yellow-J to a deprived apex complex, perhaps? Put bluntly, Odette is a smuggler of illicit goods. Whether the goods are morally wrong or morally right she doesn't care; she gets the goods where they have to go.

"What do you mean that my ship's also carrying all this 'junk'?! These valuable personal goods are why my ship can hardly carry the clothes on my back!"

Odette is a packrat. When she gets something, she doesn't want to let go of it no matter how useless it may be. This trait tends to mix in with the novakid's obsession with the concept of luck.

"I've got an extra bad feeling about this..."

Over the years Kui has gotten really good at intuiting the danger associated with the outcome of a task or a journey. Some may call it paranoia, some may call it stree I mean space smarts, some more gullible people might even call it precognition. Odette herself calls it really good luck, though the reality of the situation is that she is knowledgable of the telltale signs of a bad situation beyond the obvious things like 'dangerous habitants' or 'illegal zone.' One might liken it to the instinct of a mouse, always assuring they have an escape route available now and in the near future while never delving too far into territory that has a lot of ambiguity behind it.

"I always leave the sixth slot in my revolver filled with my lucky bullet rather than any energy cartridge. I can't shoot that cartridge what with it being an actual bullet, but I swear I hit my mark way more than normal than without that bullet."

Like mentioned before, Odette believes in luck, as well as the lack of luck. Sometimes her beliefs can reach very excessive levels, going out of her way to stay on the 'lucky' side.

"Where did I get this lucky bullet? My whole life isn't trading, you know. Got it as part of my hobby."

Odette was originally studying geology and certain niche courses that would help her explore the ancient history of the galaxy. This was not done out of the wish to become famous or be profitable; the woman simply loves the concept of ancients, and also has a love for crystals of all kinds, whether they be valuable gemstones or rough minerals.

"I'm a lot more patient than I look, you know. Uh... what was I waiting for again?"

As a novakid, Odette has a very impressive ability to actually wait for things, rather than get antsy, impatient, rude or whatever a novakid might do when they sit around for too long. Patience is very important for a geologist or archaeologist, after all. This young woman wasn't able to evade the stigma of a short attention span entirely, though, as she tends to have a problem with short term memory.
    • Equipment:
    Recently had a particularly... nasty shakedown. Lost almost everything she had!
    • Skills and Abilities (Mundane and Unique)
    Geological and archaeological-related skills and knowledge (comfortable mining), bluffing, bartering, starship navigation
    • History:
    Odette was originally born as a human named Oden, born to a mother and father who traveled through the stars as treasure hunters, bounty hunters, guns for hire - whatever they could to make a living without committing to any one law. This is what spared Oden being subjected to any kind of propaganda that many large countries in the universe seemed to have. This frontier sort of living shaped Oden for years to come, hardening him to the plight of others and the concepts of what people consider to be right or wrong. His parents often worked with novakids, whom were typically experts on 'on the edge' sorts of living. Oden grew very accustomed to their technology as a result.

Even so, Oden was never much for combat, both in body and in mind. He eventually settled away from his parents by entering into a frontier university through a generous scholarship given to him via services that his parents rendered. From the age of 16 onward he became very knowledgeable of generalized geology and some other niche studies that focused more on the 'treasure hunting' aspect of his parents' business,

When he was twenty-four nearing a doctorate's diploma, he lead a daring campaign funded only by himself and one of his closest friends to a very remote planet. Scans indicated that there may be unique subterranean structures deep within the depths of the planet, He hoped that his journey to this planet would help give him enough interesting data to make a good thesis paper on whatever secrets lay hidden.

Oden found an ancient, crumbling ruin - time had not been kind to it, but Oden found a factory which had almost nothing valuable in it save for the fact that something unnatural existed in the planet. Almost nothing valuable, as Oden did find what appeared to be a strange shape of metal suspended within a barely functional, human-sized tube - one of many, though it was one of the few which were not broken down and had something interesting inside.

Upon trying to retrieve the metal after initial observations showed that there was nothing more than a fluctuating electromagnet-maintained field within the tube, the aspiring archaeologist tried to pry open the tube to get the loot. Oden passed out inside of the tube and woke up as he is now - a more shapely novakid with the same brand as the metal she had tried to collect.

Odette found her old body within the tube as well, completely charred - so thoughts of reversing her strange problem seemed like a distant dream already. Ignoring the mental problems this change caused, the new novakid was unable to prove that she was ever even Oden to begin with, Odette has no diploma to speak of - and as such, would be unable to make a living without paying for all of those classes yet again.

So, Odette became a questionable kind of trader, using her knowledge of smuggling gained from her parents' escapades, whether they were smuggling themselves or hunting a bounty on a smuggler to apprehend.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    JackalBlogs likes this.
  13. Cor Ignis

I'll be sending you a link to my character's main page,Arcacia isn't as well developed in my rp series as Kraig/Aestus is but the three are part of the same season under the LND series,LND will be moved to Season 2 as the daughter of the first ecplipse is born hence Project H.A.O.S. (Healing Access Orientation System.) which will be part of the Legends Never Die Season 2 of Hymmnos Revelations series of characters. I'll send you the WIX through the link here,if people are interested in looking at it feel free to view it on my profile.[DOUBLEPOST=1422789077][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm getting a bit tired of the single player server at this time,though I would like to join the rp at this time. Arcacia's gotta start somewhere now.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  14. Rex Invictus

Rex Invictus Intergalactic Tourist

I'm very interested in hosting a roleplay server, primarily a faction based one.

Something similar to Warhammer 40k / Star Wars.

15. Cor Ignis

Meh,I'm more of a colony/Exploration/Military role player,I'd preffer something along the lines like a halo rp server,though I don't know any of those around here.

16. Rex Invictus

Rex Invictus Intergalactic Tourist

The primary idea would be something along those lines. So the players could take the role of members of the civilization's militaries, civilians, whatever.

17. Cor Ignis

I'd be happy to at least join in on that though I can't seem to find a way to get these erchius crystals to repair the ftl drive...still finding a way to do that.

18. The Kwala Baerr

The Kwala Baerr Tentacle Wrangler

I'd be interested as well, though I'll mostly only be able to get on at weird hours thanks to my work/sleep schedule. Also on upbeat.

Is there already a template for a character form? Any preferred method of getting it to you?

19. ombrocks10

ombrocks10 Tentacle Wrangler

I would like to join in :I[DOUBLEPOST=1422804602][/DOUBLEPOST]I updated to the latest stable[DOUBLEPOST=1422804656][/DOUBLEPOST]my character would be-

Lucas Difference

age 18

Male

Human

JackalBlogs likes this.
  20. JackalBlogs

Wise Nyt kindly provided a website with a template. I would prefer being added and messaged at shslunderachiever at steam, but not everyone is comfortable with that. In that case, you may post here as a reply. Currently, the server is down and having difficulties, if you'd like to roleplay with me or amongst yourselves elsewhere I can provide IPs, but I cant vouche for them for they aren't mine