Rock Tumbler machine

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AureusWolf, May 8, 2017.

?

Would you like to see this in the game

1. Yes!

70.0%
  2. Maybe

30.0%
  3. Not Really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

As I said before I love rocks and minerals. Mining is probably my #1 favorite thing to do in the game. I remember before certain minerals could be higher quality, like silver and gold star. Since that no longer seems to be the case, I feel like we should bring it back.

I was thinking of the game adding a new machine. A rock tumbler.

To craft the rock tumbler it will cost 10 iron bar, 1 battery pack, 1 diamond.

A rock tumbler will act like a cask. Instead of making higher quality wine and cheese, the tumbler will make higher quality minerals for more profit. It will work on any mineral in the game, foraged, mined, geode minerals and yes even the prismatic shard. Just imagine an iridium star prismatic shard!

Of course like with the casks, different items will have different “aging” periods. Common minerals like earth crystals and topaz will take only a few days to become iridium star whereas diamonds take 2 weeks and the prismatic shard takes a full 28.

Think the game could use something like this? Feedback is always wanted

Surenu likes this.
    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Puzzling how gems pop right out of geodes already faceted and polished, isn't it? Well, this isn't a bad idea, I've always wanted to see more uses for gemstones, such as crafting jewelry or decorative items. What you are remembering, incidentally, is back when foraged minerals (Earth Crystal, Quartz, Fire Quartz, and Frozen Tear) were still getting bonuses based on Foraging skill, which was eliminated in 1.1. I see no reason why gems shouldn't have quality attributes too-- after all, there is a difference between a low-grade Emerald and a museum-quality piece in the real world!

Surenu likes this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'd support this just for the chance to make jewelry with the polished stones. >u> I always collect 10 of each gem/mineral cuz it's fun but it would be awesome to have more to do with them once you've got them saved up.

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

This would actually make the mining map worthwhile for me. I support this.