1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Roadmap Tracker!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kyle0654, Apr 20, 2013.

1. MachoBandit

MachoBandit Pangalactic Porcupine

She'll lock me in her basement if she even finds out I used her account for the badge.

2. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

awesome thing ! first time i actually follow something on twitter :p

3. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

well thatsb a shame because this game is worth it i mean they only think that could make it better hard physical copies of the game on solid gold CDs

4. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Aw sweet. Thanks man. :up:

5. MachoBandit

MachoBandit Pangalactic Porcupine

Eh, not sure how that's relevant. You can, however, just burn your downloaded files on a disk if you want.:geek:

6. Questing

Questing Starship Captain

OP HAS A HEART OF STEEL!

7. Kyle0654

Kyle0654 Aquatic Astronaut

8. Kyle0654

I have a CRON job set up to pull the tracker info a few times an hour, and it stores the last set of data to compare against. Any differences are reported through Twitter. I did it in PHP cuz my server runs that (and I found a nice Twitter library for PHP), but it would be just as easy to do in just about any language that can make web requests. I could've probably done it in a lot less time in C# - only took me a couple hours in PHP, but C# is my day-to-day language of choice =)

As for where the data is stored - you can figure it out if you read through the script on the roadmap. Not sure whether or not they'd want everyone looking at it, but it was pretty well organized =). The "who's working on what" will be a little more difficult, since it doesn't have much metadata.

9. Dude! This is completely awesome. :)

10. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahh thanks. Well, after some search, i found it. *crack knuckles* Time to code! :D
    And nice job, by the way!

11. Bandethor

Bandethor Pangalactic Porcupine

good job man this is a great thing to have it already shows they done something

12. reversePsychologist

reversePsychologist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I approve of this like a lazy parliament. Thanks, OP, I was constantly going back to the Roadmap Text Version thread but this will make things much easier!

13. Kyle0654

Aaaaaand added that. The roadmap tracks them by location on the map, so I just pick the marker they're closest to as what they're currently working on. Seems to work pretty well. Did a test with Tiy and it picked up my changes, so it should update the Twitter feed as they move around now. :)

Bacon likes this.
  14. Goodsy

Goodsy Big Damn Hero

Awesome idea!! Thx so much!

15. Shhmio

Shhmio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder.. will you ever leave the moon? lol

16. Zenuel

Zenuel Cosmic Narwhal

Absolutely wonderful tool! Followed, and I even whipped up a header and twitter icon for it, since the default looks so poor.

Thank you for this though! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Edanthedwarf

Edanthedwarf Aquatic Astronaut

I wonder if they would just up date one of the 100% done things to 99.9999... done just for lols.

18. Now someone will track your cake Progress I assume. EHeh

19. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

im curious to know, is it an automatic process that detects the variation in the roadmap's code or its you keeping track of stuff and posting it on twitter ?

20. Kyle0654

Totally automated, took me a couple hours to put together ;)

Zellman likes this.