1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Road map!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Forever, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

It's finally here! And they put way more work into it than I thought they would. I can't help bit be a bit discouraged though that there are so few items at 100% and so many important ones at 50% or less...And like they said, there are other items that aren't even on the map yet. Seems like it's going to be a while yet.

But I know it'll be awesome when it's ready.

Herdo and nababoo like this.
  2. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I think that was the entire motive of the roap map. Now that we have a map, the fanbase may be a little more lenient and forgiving to the wonderful folks working on it ^w^
    Which, seeing from the built up tension in the thunderstorm known as this forum, is a great relief to see.

3. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

*BLOOD-CURDLING ROAR*

4. Varil

Varil Aquatic Astronaut

Anyone else experiencing a little bug with the roadmap? For whatever reason after I close one section I can't click another until I refresh.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  5. Syntheaux

Syntheaux Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah it happens to me too.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  6. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

So, first things first...

I tried a number of new character creator easter eggs, namely "Furious Geroge", "Curious George", "Dr Lili", "Dr LiLi", and "phieda". None of them release new armors. :/

My favorite screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Tiy: A Guide on How to Pronounce "Tiy"... I really need to read that, actually. I've switched (often hourly) between saying "Tie", "Tooy", "Tee", and "Twee". I'm so confused... :p

blind sniper likes this.
  7. This is a game where they have so many tools at their disposal to explain and conceal necessary game elements, considering the genre. (Respawning makes a little more sense when you physically see the character regenerate.)
    If it's done well, almost nothing in Starbound will break the immersion of a sci-fi universe with elements that exist purely for the playability of a game. I understand that it's unavoidable to make dungeon blocks unbreakable, and I myself have no better ideas on concealing the blatant game mechanic. My bummer attitude was more directed at the presentation of a dilemma than the answer the devs have come up with. I guess we'll have to see how it works ingame before passing judgement.

Mopy likes this.
  8. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

I'd rather have to find and break an object to "complete" a dungeon rather than be stopped by a flying skull that insta kills me.

11clock, Blue659, Dust and 6 others like this.
  9. Yeah, already this is a much better answer than flying skulls of death.

Lykozze, Kitty Box and WoxandWarf like this.
  10. Dagorran

Dagorran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only thing I dislike about this roadmap is that I cant click that cake to make the picture bigger.:V

WoxandWarf likes this.
  11. Guppy The Cat

Guppy The Cat Heliosphere

Molly

Go fix that

And we will give you infinite cakes from the depths of the RANDOM CAKE GENERATOR

WoxandWarf likes this.
  12. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Regarding having to break an object to complete a dungeon, the explanation can be fairly simple:

For high tech dungeons it's a generator of some kind, and for avian temples it's a religious symbol that happens to be a power core that's generating a field, making the dungeon itself neigh impenetrable

Dust and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Ryan

Ryan Phantasmal Quasar

I played recently and knew that thing was coming, but I got scared anyways like it was a popup

Kitty Box, WoxandWarf and Herdo like this.
  14. aerionop

aerionop Big Damn Hero

Hunger, temperature, fuel consumption... well... time to break out the cheat engine.

15. MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

16. Affero

Affero Contributor

Oh au contraire

LastDay, Nohar and WoxandWarf like this.
  17. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

This means that the newsletter ISN'T the roadmap! 0.o

Ellie, alkimbeyhan, Insane and 4 others like this.
  18. mo'guts

mo'guts Big Damn Hero

It's.. so.. beautiful! :rainbow: I definitely was not expecting this much detail to be in the road map.

I'm still exploring it and still in the process of being amazed. AWESOME job! :cookie::coffee:

GewaltSam and Mopy like this.
  19. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

Same here, I thought it would just be like a Web if ideas. Words connected by lines and stuff. :/

20. mo'guts

mo'guts Big Damn Hero

Indeed! I was all..
    "hmm road map eh? /sips coffee. /road map loads up. /sprays coffee all over monitor. /big stupid grin."

should have a warning label. :p

Thanel and DeadlyLuvdisc like this.