Replace Ship Files Without Starting a new Character

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by NonBritGit, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, this has been a problem: You want a new ship, but don't want to start a whole new character.
    Here's how it looks when you just load up new ship files on an existing character:
    [​IMG]
    To fix this, follow these steps:
    Caution: Backup all files in case something goes wrong. Zip up your ships, player and universe files for safe keeping.
    1. Start the game and remove EVERYTHING from your ship storage as a precaution! Also, your new ship will have no fuel!
    2. Quit the game and copy your ship mod files to the ships directory according to the mod's instructions.
    3. Start the game and load character who's ship you are replacing (you'll see the broken image above).
    4. Jump down to planet and change a block or something (doesn't matter what - you just want the world file to change).
    5. Quit game completely.
    6. Go into your Starbound\player directory and sort according to date. Your character files will be at the top.
    7. Remove the just changed .shipworld file. (just drag it to your desktop in case things don't go well)
    8. Start the game and load your character. The new ship will appear (a new .shipworld file is generated).
    9. Win!
    [​IMG]

SCRABBBBLE and iAlias like this.
  2. NANOKARMA

NANOKARMA Phantasmal Quasar

Oh ok thanks :D

EDIT: Lol, i managed to fix it, i have all my characters back :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  3. SCRABBBBLE

SCRABBBBLE Space Hobo

Thanks man it helps a lot !!!!!!!!!!!

4. trislayh

trislayh Void-Bound Voyager

Actually sir, I found something more easier,

1: open your ship mod file and extract the .shipworld file to the desktop.

2: open your player file in the starbound directory and copy the name or code of the current .shipworld file Ex: 4453e2acdc65938461f4c0d6cf549c05.shipworld

3: paste it on your modded .shipworld file (Rename it to the one you have)

4: then drag it to your current .shipworld file in the player folder (Overwrite it) and play the game and TA DAAAA!

I hope i never confused anyone :(

5. Starseer

Starseer Intergalactic Tourist

trislayh, where do i find the mod file?

6. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

or what if the steam workshop is the only way we get our mods?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.