Renovated Farms v2.1 (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 24, 2016.

1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Renovated Farms Mod:

"Drain the lakes, rivers, and ponds! Chisel back the cliffs! Cut down those trees! Trim the grass! ALL THE SPACE IS WANTED!"​

If you can relate to this...slightly over enthusiastic hypothetical farmer, then you've come to the right place. This is the most stripped down version of the maps, opening up as much farming space as possible without feeling like the map has been made completely unrecognizable [in my opinion].

Mod download: Renovated Farms

If you have any issues downloading the files, remind me these are on Server Aes.

To install go to: ...\steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Maps
    Backup the original files in some way (I have a folder called "backups" that I moved them to)
    Download the xnb file(s) of the farm(s) you want. [If they say "unzip", you need to unzip them to get the xnb file]
    Replace the existing xnb files with the new map files

Want to request a different version of one of the maps from here or my other map mods?
    Drop me a description of what you'd like (pictures help!) over at the request thread: AngryCat's Farm Edits

Also, feel free to use/change my maps any way you like - though I do appreciate a nod/notification if you do

[​IMG]
    If you want to thanks by donating

Follow the silly little kitties!​

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    • Noroxus

Noroxus Void-Bound Voyager

The images are all broken :(

rswhisper likes this.
      • AngryCat

Ooops, fixed now, thank you! ...I better check the other ones >.<

rswhisper likes this.
        • LenkoFlamer

LenkoFlamer Astral Cartographer

Why everyone hate Riverside Farm?

• Naesaki

Naesaki Void-Bound Voyager

rswhisper likes this.
          • Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

I use Renovated Forest and I must say its quite a beautiful map, well designed. The only tiny tiny issue I found are two little squares in the middle of the field that can't be plowed for some reason, but eh, I just put a well there :p

Has anyone found a way to upload a farm to an image if it uses a custom map like this?

rswhisper likes this.
            • LenkoFlamer

LenkoFlamer Astral Cartographer

rswhisper likes this.
            • AngryCat

If you take a screenshot in/near the affected area, that might suffice

• AngryCat

Also, it's not a "hate" for them; my map edits mostly focused on removing water originally, which...defeats the purpose of a fishing map

rswhisper likes this.
                • Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

first of all thank you for your edit.
                  now a request :
                  upload_2016-10-24_16-29-34.png
                  26-10-2016 9-31-55 PM.png
                  Thank you

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
                    rswhisper likes this.
                  • rswhisper

rswhisper Void-Bound Voyager

Think Valamyr was saying it was all good, mate ;)

Wowies! I never would've even noticed half that stuff!

AngryCat likes this.
                    • AngryCat

I will put it in my queue and see what I can do.

Oh, er... yea, I definitely misread that, my bad xD

• Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Relax i can wait :D been using your renovated map, that minor problem actually doesn't really matter i can always use save editor to move building around

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Awesome edits. Would you mind doing an edit where all the terrain is smoothed, so no pebbles/holes/small tiny planets/any other artifacts as well? It drives me nuts seeing how 'unclean' the farm looks.

EDIT: Didn't realize you do so much farm editing for people. Thank you so much for being so awesome and helping less modding-inclined people out. Do you have a donation page anywhere?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
                          • AngryCat

So still dirt, but not the tiles with random bits on them? I can look into that, there are other dirt tiles, maybe some combination of them will look less odd than the swatches of a single yellow dirt tile tend to do to me (there's this odd texture on them that makes the map have this "blurred" effect to me).

Um...a donation page? o_O

• RendHeaven

RendHeaven Void-Bound Voyager

What would happen to my existing save files if I overwrite the original maps with your rennovated maps?

• AngryCat

Everything will be where it was last. Only thing I can think of to be careful for is the Hill-Top map, since the river moved over and thus could have that spot occupied.

But when I do bits of testing, I flip between the original and the changed maps, so it can be done. Main thing I recall being mentioned, is that my maps tend to remove the flower/bush/things (I'm not terribly a fan), and that change only occurs on a new save game.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

As long as it looks uniform and neat, that's what I'd really like.

And yeah, or a paypal.

• AngryCat

Which particular map did you want? One of the originals, a particular one of mine, all of the originals...

Hmm, I've never given it thought before, to be honest. I'll have to look into it?
                                    My roommates looked at me like I was crazy when I got confused about the idea, lol

• AngryCat

upload_2016-10-28_2-43-39.png
                                      One sanitized farm! (as a note, the rocks, sticks, tall grass, etc. are still there, just hidden in the screenshot)
                                      As a bonus, the map technically has a source of water now! Credit to @Xaaci, because I will admit to the fact I never even noticed the existence of that cliff and pond before. I rather hope there isn't some in-game even tied to it that's gonna break now...

I replaced all the dirt tiles both in regards to the request from @Khaosius, and because past instances of "invisible barrier / unusable tile" that had no apparent reason that they were behaving that way were seemingly fixed by doing so. If they're still there...then I have no idea why, I even made a point of doing an area wide erase on other layers (despite not seeing anything).

Sanitized Renovated Farm: download

rafaellouy93 likes this.