Drier Farms v2.1.1 (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 24, 2016.

1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With concern that it might be easy to get confused about which of my farms are available from which pack, I decided it might be best to split them up. I also went about splitting the mods, so that you can once again download just the maps that interest you.

This will also make updates much easier for me in the future [I hope], if any of the game patches end up breaking mods again.

-*-*-*-​

Drier Farms Mod:
    If you want to retain one of the ponds for water and fishing, this is the set for you. Each of the farms retains one of their original water sources, in addition to having a "hidden" water source (you do keep your pet's water dish filled, don't you?).

upload_2016-10-24_5-7-10.png
    Small pond has been moved up to the upper right hand corner, and deepened.
    Shipping bin has been moved over to accommodate the new location of the pond.

As a note, the grass trimming in these was a side effect of how I was altering the maps and not an intentional act; if anyone would like one of these with the grass restored to its original, feel free to request.

upload_2016-10-24_5-8-30.png
    Note: Needs to be unzipped before use.

upload_2016-10-24_5-9-20.png

upload_2016-10-24_5-10-12.png

upload_2016-10-24_5-11-19.png

upload_2016-10-24_5-12-19.png
    Download
    (Please use "ShippingFixEdition" below)​

upload_2016-10-24_5-16-37.png
    Ornate Pond that was more carefully cleaned to retain the grass patches

[​IMG]
    This one retains all but the largest pond, and I was careful to keep the grass intact.

Note, this one needs to be unzipped prior to use.

upload_2016-10-24_5-18-27.png
    Download

[​IMG]
    The river is moved and the left cliff side cleaned up a bit, more on par with what I do with the Renovated Farms; the shipping pond and pet area have also been removed in favour of a greener area by the house.
    There are a few small known issues with this one, but I don't believe they were anything too problematic.
    Ignore the weird opening in the bottom righthand corner, that was fixed. I need to remember to take a better picture later...

Note, this one has to be unzipped before use.

upload_2016-10-24_5-19-33.png
    Download

upload_2016-10-24_5-20-52.png
    Note: This one needs to be unzipped prior to use

upload_2016-10-24_5-22-7.png
    Note to self: Take a better picture of that one.

upload_2016-10-24_5-22-51.png
    Download

Full Mod zip: Drier Farms v2.1.1
    Reminder: Extract only ONE of each farm type

To install go to: ...\steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Maps
    Backup the original files in some way (I have a folder called "backups" that I moved them to)
    Download the xnb file(s) of the farm(s) you want. [If they say "unzip", you need to unzip them to get the xnb file]
    Replace the existing xnb files with the new map files

Want to request a different version of one of the maps from here or my other map mods?
    Drop me a description of what you'd like (pictures help!) over at the request thread: AngryCat's Farm Edits

Also, feel free to use/change my maps any way you like - though I do appreciate a nod/notification if you do

Changelog:

Drier Farms - Fishing Fix
    -Attempted to correct issues with floating lilypads and invisible barriers. Uncertain if you still become Jesus in the bottom corner, could not find source of issue.

Drier Farms - ShippingFixEdition:
    -Fix for the shipping bin that was out of place on several maps: Download

Drier Farms: v2.1.1
    -Fix for Shipping bin on Hill-Top Map.
    -Maps now available for individual upload again

Drier Farms v2.1:
    -Fix for Shipping Pond variants; shipping bin moved back to original location due to inability to move its associated animation. Sorry about that!
    -Individual map downloads no longer available (issues with Google Drive storage space)

Drier Farms v2:
    -All farms redone for SDV 1.11
    -Different variants of maps retaining a different individual water source[/SPOILER]

[​IMG]
    If you want to thanks by donating

Follow the silly little kitties!​

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • AngryCat

Now with WORKING pictures... fml
      Also think a few of these might need the shipping bins fixed again, afraid I might have had an older version saved that still has that mistake... sigh

rswhisper likes this.
      • TheZhongKui

TheZhongKui Void-Bound Voyager

I was curious if I could ask for your "General's forest" farm with the dirt turned into tillable grass. (I find it kind of silly to be a forest with dirt rather than grass!) Only if you can, of course!

Thanks in advance.

wrenworkman, rswhisper and AngryCat like this.
        • Pooks

Pooks Void-Bound Voyager

The riverland farm has quite a few invisible barriers, and the land on the bottom right allows you to just walk off the map for eternity - fyi :p

• AngryCat

No problems, I'll add it to my queue; I have a few outstanding requests at the moment, but unfortunately I'm a bit buried in midterm projects

Woops, that must be one of the older edits, will re-fix that shortly. I haven't been using that map so I forgot that was even a thing at one point.

rswhisper and TheZhongKui like this.
            • TheZhongKui

Many thanks, I'll wait for it! I'd do it myself, but I am code unsavy! Once again: thank you!

• AngryCat

Actually, so I am, no coding involved in what I do ;)

rswhisper and TheZhongKui like this.
                • AngryCat

upload_2016-10-25_23-52-7.png

Here you are! It's not perfect, and I can't guarantee that 100% of the grass is tillable, because...there are SO many different grass tiles...
                  BUT I think I got at least most of them...

• TheZhongKui

You have saved our lives, we are eternally grateful!! Sempai, you rock!

rswhisper and AngryCat like this.
                    • shadowhuntress96

shadowhuntress96 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not to bother you, But the shipping bin lid is misaligned in my game, I am using the Hilltop Shipping pond one.

Attached Files:

rswhisper likes this.
                      • AngryCat

I really have much disdain for the fact I somehow had an outdated copy, I know I fixed all these... fixing them again in a bit. Sorry for the fix delays, midterm projects have me partially buried atm

rswhisper likes this.
                        • teeLcee

teeLcee Aquatic Astronaut

Hi AC, I hope you're not still swamped in "Things to Do." I was wondering if you could add the lake to the Wilderness map with the pond by grandpa's shrine? I realized that the hut you can purchase from Robin would look fantastic with a lake next to it. It's essentially the Wilderness Farm Pond Edition that includes a Lake at the lower corner of the map. No worries if you have your hands full at the moment. I'd be willing to wait.:nuruhappy:

• AngryCat

I'm having trouble finding the invisible barriers; could you post me screenshots of where they're occurring, please?

-edit-

I think I found two, where lilypad thingies still existed and shouldn't have. Are there more than that?

• AngryCat

Fixed. Available here: download

• AngryCat

upload_2016-10-29_8-4-24.png

Here is the relocated Wilderness Pond: download
                                Enjoy!

teeLcee likes this.
                                • teeLcee

teeLcee Aquatic Astronaut

Awesome!:DD Exactly what I was looking for!:3 AC, you are the best! Thanks a huge heap.:DD

wrenworkman and AngryCat like this.
                                  • Shuunsei

Shuunsei Void-Bound Voyager

sorry to be a bother but one of the map's also has this problem (I'm using Forest farm shipping pond version), great maps btw! really like how you made varieties of maps with different pond location, specially beside the shipping box :up: even more space for farming now

Attached Files:

• AngryCat

Yea, it seems all the ones I had were a slightly older version of the shipping ponds, where the box is in the wrong spot. I'm working on an update for those maps currently to fix it across all the ones affected, will have it up soon I hope

• AngryCat

Shipping bins now fixed for the respective maps that had that issue - please use the "ShippingFixEdition" download to get the corrected maps.
                                        Downloads for the affected individual maps have been removed for now.

• Shuunsei

Shuunsei Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the fix, the shipping box looks whole now :up:

AngryCat likes this.