Race Rencontrer les Gemétoile! [Updated 11/20]

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ghostar, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

why does the one with the mask on come across as evil to me

2. Ayumi

Ayumi Pangalactic Porcupine

Because it is a plague doctor and they are associated with death.

3. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

i really liked the fourth and fifth sprite, nice hair and the clothing fits it nicely, i guess this race really shines when everything is put together.

4. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice plague doctor mask. In fact, nice spriting full stop.

Considering they are jewel people, them shining is pretty much expected.

5. Silverduke1

i did watch a documentary on the black death and i dnt think it was mentioned though can this race even get sick

6. Ayumi

Ayumi Pangalactic Porcupine

I was going to talk to white about it but she went offline before I could. :eek:

7. Silverduke1

so we have to wait to find out drats ill look foward to knowing though

8. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

The image of the grim reaper came from the Doctors. they stuffed the beaks with a bunch of nice smelling herbs and flowers because the smell of the plague was just horrible and because the doctors where always there before a victim of the plague died. many art works started humanize death with a black cloak and mask; i don't know where the bones came from but it probably has a meaning as well.

Edit: in all people where trying to give a face to something they couldn't understand, the doctors back then where not evil just very uneducated on how diseases really worked.

9. Chamomileable

Chamomileable Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the idea of a race of crystal beings, but I'm not sure how all the lore mulls over with me. Still, good to see creativity in action.

10. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Yes they can, they have crystal bodies but under it are organic fibers which can catch illness.

11. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Wow Ayumi those hair styles are cool. The spiked mohawk and the unicorn horn are particularly interesting. I'm glad to see you guys working so hard on this, keep it up.
    Adding to my watch list, for great justice.

Ghostar likes this.
  12. Miuub

Miuub Phantasmal Quasar

True

13. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Just so you know we are working on stuff. (Forgive the katana, been listening to too much Metal Gear Rising OST)
    [​IMG]

14. MentalBlanc

MentalBlanc Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really hope they put this in the Character Creature ;_;

15. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Hey Ghost wanna whip up a signature banner for promoting? I wouldn't mind helping in that way since I'm not too talented at anything else. :p

16. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Not sure TBH, I wouldn't use it because my signatures too full.

17. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Well I meant for those that want to support the race suggestion. A small signature bar or something would do.

18. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

*Giggle* The name looks like it has the word toilet in it.

In all seriousness while I'm not a fan of the species culture I can't deny that it is a good idea. I wouldn't play as one but I wish you all the best in getting them implemented.

Xenalith likes this.
  19. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

...it does, but I don't find it funny. I find it still interesting how it is pronounce in word.

20. Silverduke1

I didnt know if organic fibers inside a gem casing could catch illness thanks for clarifying