Race Rencontrer les Gemétoile! [Updated 11/20]

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ghostar, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

these are really good just the massive amount of styles presented already are amazing and this race has only just premiered to the public today.

2. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

I love where this race is already going and im super excited to see all the other aspects of the race. Like building architecture and dungeon design. Like imagine caves lined with heirlooms stolen from other families and gems as far as the eye can see.

3. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

http://www.armae.com/moderne/132cuirasses.htm
    First half of this page could ahve some inspiration for you if you plan on doing armors. The other half is more heavy armor and while still used at the time, they might be a little too much like the glitch ones.
    Tough you already seem to know the style so you migth not even need that.

Edit : Here, might as well. Check out both french and english version of the page for image, they have different ones.
    http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_gothique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_architecture

Re-edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_Richelieu
    This one have a really nice picture of the Cardinal de Richelieu in armor. From the Three Musketeer story of course.

4. Silverduke1

i see a rapier made of crystals being a lethal weapon being able to be created from this races crafting

5. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

I would like to a 100% :seriously: yet I would like have thous dragoknights still in the game which I do love style and other races among is balance, and yet so hard for forum to pass. I hope this forum will able pass as well.

6. Silverduke1

wat does pass mean and is dragonknights another race?

7. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

oh, if you watch NPC thread couple months, they were the a liking until it is cutting down in short. Which by I mean I don't know the dragoknight (not dragon if forum's name is pronounces by) or well loved forum is going be put into the game, which there is doubt. Which if you search for it, the races is been set and never made it. :( I fear that not many good loveable races will not make it in time if the developer say "We are done with the races and we are selecting only few that only fit in that spot light"....sorry I am in a grieving if I think of that which it is going be limit cap of the races that how many that is going be there.

8. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I believe that it's this race that ChaoticGamer refers to.

9. Silverduke1

thats an intresting race but i prefer this and the monophytes and parfelians

10. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Wow Ayumi is really getting into this. She showed me some of her next ideas for them and now I feel lazy cos shes doing all the work! XP (spoilers, more hair options!)

Quantum likes this.
  11. Silverduke1

im expecting hair on this species doesnt move correct?

12. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's one tiny slip-up in this race suggestion: no mention of "high tech" Gemétoile or how the normal ones react to them. 0/10, flagging for deletion.

13. The Thing

As far as I know, there are no Floran outcast and while the Avian race used to be split, they are not anymore at the moment of the story. Not all races have outcasts and while they almost all portray an old culture, they also almost all have high tech mixed in their life except maybe the Glitch homeworld and even there, it was never stated that the medieval look was anything else than just that, a look. They are stuck in a mindset but maybe not on a technological level. So not all races need a low tech/high tech outcast thing.

At any rate, for the space age technologie, I can see the Gemmétoiles ship being fashioned like some gothic armour, somewhat rounded and with a lot of fine details. After their first contacts with the other races, it might also had them realise that ranged weapons would be a big disavantage to them if they did not develop any. If they do have an outcast group, this might be what set them aside.

14. Silverduke1

very pretty spaceships then huh and i do see there being small groups of outcasts most likely heavy duty criminals and like you said with the ranged weapons

15. The Thing

Oh well, this was a strange website to find these photo in but yeah, the images posted on this page really represent what I am thinking about. Just imagine a spaceship modeled after the chest piece on these armour with curves and ridges.
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/582182/1
    P.S. : this really was the single page I found with the most complete collection of photo otherwise I would have went for wikipedia.

16. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

The floran outcasts are the people who are no longer part of the hive mind that all florans have. Avian outcasts are the non religious avians who are excumincated, I believe it's stated in the lore that the Gemétoile hitched hiked with travelers that came to their home world in search of goods and that's how they got off their planets/ ascended into the space age, plus the books left by people who crash landed may have contained information of spaceship building.

It also says that theres a group of Gemétoiler that go against the morals of normal Gemétoile and are the aggressors when their culture prevents them from being it.

Ghostar likes this.
  17. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Tiy already said on mumble that all races will have an outcast. He explained some of them too, Avian is one who disagrees with their gods or something, floran outcast is one who refuses to be cannibalistic, Fish Folk outcast is one who chooses to go topside, apex outcast was a resistance team thing, glitch outcast was a glitch who had self awareness, humans are all outcasts.

The gems ORIGINALLY had to hitch hike, but they would have learned how to make space ships eventually as they come in contact with other races and such.

Tojo likes this.
  18. The Thing

Ah right, if it was said on Mumble then I obviously missed that info, thanks. So? tought about that firearm idea? The gemmétoile outcast are those who "lower" themselves to use ranged weapon and those of the lowest class who wish to break the caste like system of their world? Actually sort of like the French revolution. Eh this might be good...

19. Ayumi

Ayumi Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG] Moar hairs

20. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I don't really want them to make firearms, its part of what makes them very different from others. I mean honestly, most people are going to just go for firearms in the end anyway. May as well have one race that prefers melee.

Tojo likes this.