Race Rencontrer les Gemétoile! [Updated 11/20]

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Ghostar, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

that could add an intresting aspect to gameplay becoming the master of your own guild

2. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I don't know about making a guild, that might be a stretch unless it were some kind of quest line.

3. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

As I was reading I started thinking about this, but you already had it in there, awesome.
    I really like what you have so far. The gem based weapons and heirlooms could defiantly be interesting.

On the lines of adding clothing maybe something fantastical, multicolored jester clothes with matching masks for street performances. Top-hats, long studded trench coats with gemstone topped canes for the nobility.

Ghostar likes this.
  4. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

It could always work like the way TES guilds worked, you find an exsisting guild, do some prerequisite stuff, join them, do some guildy stuff, something happens, you save the guild/kill the former guild master, then become guild master. That's how the TES guild quest line would works and I find it personally uninteresting, but it serves it's purpose and you get to join multiple guilds. Maybe it could work more like an mmo where the time from apprentice to journeymen is stretched out a bit and go you go on more and more difficult crafting/ collecting quests depending on the guild and some interesting story development happens on these quests. But this means you only get to enter one guild since guilds tend to be antagonistic to one another.

5. Silverduke1

yeah true but its still an intersting idea

6. Ayumi

Ayumi Pangalactic Porcupine

On it

Ghostar likes this.
  7. The Almighty 404

The Almighty 404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is a race I hope to see added in Starbound in the future. As a stretch goal, or as a later update. I love their style.

Ghostar likes this.
  8. Silverduke1

I would try to draw one but i dnt have a scanner i really do hope this race gets added eventually.

9. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

You guys are gonna love what we got coming up, I've already seen what ayumis been working on and wow!

Tojo likes this.
  10. Silverduke1

now im excited to find out this community produces some pretty amazing races

11. Silverduke1

why are they sad it looks like a very touching scene (though i dont know what philistines means)

12. Heheh, it means uncultured. Those three aren't nearly as swanky as their gemétoile hosts. But in reality the hosts wouldn't tease them because they are polite.

Silverduke1 likes this.
  13. Silverduke1

oh now i understand the reactions of all three other races its still a good picture

Ghostar likes this.
  14. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

Oh well, glad you like this. Here's a few more things I tought about. Here again, feel free to use whatever you like and leave the rest.

One of the defining element of that era was religion and the very important place that the clergy took in society at this time. In the hierarchy system, the higher clergy was somewere around the nobles while the lower one was just above the merchants. Choosing what kind of religion the Gemmétoiles have could be an important point to get the rest of it working.

Hierarchy system redone :
    Lowest class citizen (criminals)
    Lower class (farmers and those who generaly lives outside of the city)

Minor land owners (farm, inn or warehouse owner)
    Lower merchants (Those who trade in food and local low value goods)

Lower Clergy (priest)

Lower nobles/guild member family (those who do not control a guild but are part of one)
    Middle nobles/minor guild owner (guild for tools crafting and others low value crafted goods)
    High nobles/major guild owner (arms, art, glass maker, etc.)

Higher clergy (cardinal)
    Head of the church

Royal family/current rulling family

As I said, a monarchy might make them llok a little too much like the glitchs. So a ruling family could instead be voted by all the major family/guild leaders.
    Any family from merchants and up are led by their eldest member until this one either dies or give the power to the next in line (tough they can just choose anyone else, doing so might cause internal trouble in the family)
    The clergy is sort of a wild card as in they can be member of any family giving the opportunity to a lowly merchant caste to command more power by having one of their member reach a higher religious rank.

Otherwise wikipedia will be your friend. Look up Le roi soleil (The sun king), italian renaissance, french renaissance, classic art, gothic architecture and a resume of The Three Musketeers.

15. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

I'm really in love with this race after reading it. The main allure for me to this race is the fact of how elegant they are and they seem to be of a higher class than other races so far that we have. I have not done much research on french culture, but I really love how it is incorporated into this race. I'd say what I love the most about this race is the fact of all the crafts that they can do. If they were to be implemented in game they would be a perfect race that serves as suppliers to all the other races for what they need.

Also I really want those clothes ♥╭╮♥

Ghostar likes this.
  16. Silverduke1

the race does have an elgant and frenchish feel to it doesnt it now that i think about it and you definitely not the only one that wants those clothes.

17. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

I. Love. Clothes. One of the things that I really hope for in Starbound is for them to have a wide array of clothing. Would be nice if I could make a dressing room with everything I have set up.

18. Silverduke1

Aroom full of clothes and crystals.... that would be perfect

Roxie Stables likes this.
  19. Ayumi

Ayumi Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG] I made more. :3