Remove Crib/Child Beds?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Raijyn, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Wow! Year 10! I installed destructive mods so I can't use my save yet, I was at year 2 I think when the update came. Enjoy modding but be cautious of serializers and such. That's the spot I'm in. I'll get that file up ASAP, thanks for mentioning one I missed!

[EDIT]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two different versions attached. Close to the wall or one pixel out just to be sure you got the version you wanted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
      foghorn and Auryin like this.
    • Auryin

Auryin Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so so much! :D and yep, it was just one of those strange goals we tend to set for ourselves with no reasoning lol. (I did start using a mod that let me see the worm tiles better (the jumping chest one) in yr 9 because my eyes were struggling and hurting, but otherwise, yr 10 just happened this week so it's time for all those lovely texture mods I have wanted lol).

My little SDV family thanks you for helping remove that eyesore of a crib lol. (mind the chaotic furniture mess, now I can do something proper there!)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
        Androxilogin likes this.
      • Androxilogin

Wow, that looks great! I would go with a black bed tilesheet with a house like that ;)

• Auryin

Auryin Void-Bound Voyager

Haha, great minds, that's exactly my next move :p and thank you! I started with the outside mods and have just begun moving inside. Only using mods that change appearance (ones not requiring SMAPI, basically).

• lapetitevalerie

lapetitevalerie Orbital Explorer

Hello everyone ! :)

I upgraded my house yesterday and I discovered this horrible child room useless: a great loss of place! I want to be sure not to make mistakes; If I want the bathroom + the children's room empty, I must :
            1. install the mod "DevilBro's awesome Bathroom in House Upgrade 2 mod"
            2. install the file "Empty Room Bathroom Edition - Removes crib And both beds. Leaves kitchen counter tops the correct size and adds a bathroom." ?

Its ok with the 1.1 update ?
            thanks for help ;-)

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I just upgraded my house and my fridge won't open - I saw over on Nexus that it was an issue before but has been fixed, so I'm wondering if I have the wrong version? I installed the one that comes with the bathroom.

Edit: Nvm, just installed a different version without the bathroom and it's working fine. Does anyone know though if we have a no kids room version for the third house upgrade (the one with the cellar)?

@Androxilogin You would be the one to ask I guess.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
              • Androxilogin

All you need is the tilesheet from DevilBro's mod, drop that in your content folder and add my modded file to your 'Maps' folder.

The cellar upgrade is really just upgrade two so it should work just fine.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Okay cool, then there's nothing else for me to mess up. lol Thank you!

• paragonbroscaa

paragonbroscaa Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know if there's a compatibility patch that works with the Bird Replacement and bathroom mods that is up to date? The one on the nexus page blanks out the new extra room in 1.1...

EDIT: I also don't know if it's a vanilla bug or a mod bug that I can't change the walls/floors of the extra room next to the kids room. Anyone know anything about that?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
                    • Androxilogin

Please explain "blank out".

And the extra room cannot be decorated. This is due to being hardcoded in the game.

• paragonbroscaa

The extra room exists, but it is all black. No textures within the room will load, but furniture in the room loads just find.

• Androxilogin

Alright, I'll try to get an update on it tomorrow.

• paragonbroscaa

Thank you so much!

Androxilogin likes this.
                            • Androxilogin

Looks like I forgot the main part of the mod when I uploaded the original version- the extra room! LOL. Here is an update file for that. Note: This requires the previous tilesheet from the old version, just replace FarmHouse2.xnb & FarmHouse2_marriage.xnb

Attached Files:

paragonbroscaa likes this.
                              • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we get a blow-by-blow guide on installing this so we can just have an empty room? I'm feeling a bit confused here...

• Androxilogin

Just drag and drop the .xnbs into your Content\Maps folder. If you're using the "Bird Replacements" version listed above, you'll need the 'farmhouse_tiles.xnb' also available from the Nexus page for "No Kids Room Decor" in the compatibility section then the update provided above. There are many different versions on Nexus. Note that there is also an "Add a Room & Attic" mod available from Nexus as well if you prefer to have yet another extra room.

• Jokerine

Oh yeah, I'm checking through the Nexus and I see you updated your files there, but I see no version that empties the room and leaves the countertops the usual size without the bathroom :(

• Androxilogin

Merkay.. thar she be!

Attached Files:

Jokerine likes this.
                                      • Jokerine

Thank you! Sorry about the hassle <3

• Androxilogin

No problem, no trouble. I actually had it on my hard drive but never uploaded it. Whoopsie!

Jokerine likes this.