Regarding Release & Beta, What You Should Know.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Arcadiax, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Means the thread will always be at the top somewhere among any other stickied threads.

2. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

It basically means, a post stays at the top of the sub-forum it is in, if you go to the FAQ sub-forum, you'll see threads at the top with a red pin beside their name, that means stickied :)

3. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

kk thanks

4. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

It means that this thread will always be at the top of this subforum.

5. Ole

Ole Aquatic Astronaut

I really don't think there should be any beta of this game, just wait and give it all to us when the game is ready!

plasmaman2 likes this.
  6. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Beta isn't supposed to be given out for people to "Play" the game, its meant to be given to people who will test it for bugs, find its limits etc :) but yeah, I see what you mean, a minecraft style beta would not suit this game, seeing as its storydriven.

Sir ceil likes this.
  7. saracresp

saracresp Subatomic Cosmonaut

I myself would rather wait until the game is complete, so i can appreciate its greatness. I would LOVE to watch PaperbatVG commentate if he beta tests, he's my favorite

8. Sir ceil

Sir ceil Existential Complex

i agree i loved paperbat's lets play on terraira.

saracresp likes this.
  9. Malachitebird

Malachitebird Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So if there was to be a closed Beta, would any of us know?

10. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

Personaly, I'd like to know when it happens and who gets in, but they could go either way. I wouldn't mind much if they don't say anything. Sadly if they say nothing, something is probably going to leak eventually. I expect kind of a main page post just going like "closed beta has started".

11. Malachitebird

Malachitebird Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be nice to at least see if they have a beta.
    [​IMG]

Cowskee, Brain Maniac and MurkyDragon like this.
  12. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

if the beta went off and close, will this game be on steam and also dl when full paid on the spot to dl the game?

13. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

14. Defenseless

Defenseless Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to see the beta testers do some kind of lets play. just like they did with terraria :p

FN7 likes this.
  15. SomethingObvious

SomethingObvious Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to see Redigit and Blue to play this, like they did with Terraria. That was a great little series. But I don't think it should be done in beta.

Sir ceil likes this.
  16. RustyJ

RustyJ Big Damn Hero

I didnt read all the comments because there are quite a few but since its coming out around summer in England does that mean it will come out in Q3?

17. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

There is no "Set" release date, late summer is an estimate by the team, nobody has any idea when it will come out, because it is still quite heavily in development.

18. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

It isn't very likely. I'd suscribe to him, but I don't feel that it is worth it creating too many accounts on too many sites! Anyway:
    Yes! Regarding Beta stages it is possible that others on the YouTube are Starbound (get it? ;) ) to be looking forward in the game. However it is not guaranteed that they will be eligible for closed beta since they have other videos to upload on certain games. They might not have time for the forums. But anyway, anyhow, I am certainly looking forward to at least share my thoughts and interests about the game!

People on Youtube I look forward to seeing: Zisteau, Yogscast, PbatVG, KGhaleon and the Shamecraft team, Hero, and other indie game fans!

P.S. But just one question. It's probably a bit redundant to ask this but will there be an alpha stage?

19. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Oh come on, this is just totally missing the point of a game's development. As said a million times before by others, there's been a trend where people think beta testing means 'yay! play the game early!'. Really it's to find bugs, test mechanics or other aspects of the game. But hell, what's up with the mentality where the LP people need to play in the beta - there's no difference other than time and a complete game if it's put back to when the game is actually out.

P.S. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's in alpha right now.

Xetor and Sir ceil like this.
  20. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

I already understand that. But no sense to not have fun with it while in the beta stages! :) Not to cause an arguement of course.