1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding NPC Names

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by HedgeFlanders, Sep 26, 2013.

1. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

So I was thinking about how Gold+ get to name their NPCs. Lets say someone used their real name. We'll use "Chuck Norris" as an example. Will the NPCs be randomly generated? Meaning Chuck Norris could be a female Avian? I just thought it'd be awkward if we saw a ton of gender specific names on a NPC with the wrong gender.

2. I think there was no information released what so ever about this so I won't be able to help you.
    You will have to wait for an e-mail or any other kind of notification but I might be wrong on this one so if anyone has any more information on this then please share it with us :V

Zoolot likes this.
  3. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Sklobington

Sklobington Void-Bound Voyager

One day, I'm going to gather a large group of very patient people, and a many truck loads of Tootsie Pops. Science will find an answer.

OT: I really hope that you can specify what race you want your name to apply to. Otherwise, there will be quite a few odd occurrences...

5. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Molly says:

6. Sklobington

Is there anything on race though? That's important too.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  7. TheTimeLord

TheTimeLord Existential Complex

Sorted by gender? Good
    Because Mr. Manly man doesn't sound feminine to me...

WoxandWarf likes this.
  8. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

<mollygos> sorted by gender for sure, not 100% sure how we're sorting them racewise though.

I knew I should've quoted the whole thing the first time, xD

9. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Pretty sure Hylotls have sushi-themed names.

10. Sklobington

No, I mean when you select your nickname for generation for buying Gold/better, if you can select which race it belongs to. It's been answered now anyway.

11. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

That is why I was worried about what I named my character. I didn't want to meet someone in the game with my male name who is dressed like a female
    You'll be walking by a Hylotl named Goldfish sooner or later ;)

12. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Nope. Probably a hylotl named Swampert. Ahahaha =D

blind sniper likes this.
  13. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

I for one would love to bump into "The Opossum King" as a Woman