1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated RedPack Tech & Flying Carpet 2.0k (Upbeat Giraffe)

RedPack Tech & Flying Carpet - A hovering and improved Gravity Bubble tech

1. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I will make something so it's possible to unlock with old characters ... it's this new way of showing and enabling techs via AI commands (that's in your SAIL). Right now possible options are to show tech at ship level up, quest turn in, or by another AI command. So it's kinda tricky to add it ... I'll make something today for you to unlock it, until I find a better solution.
    For now you can try new char, and reboot ship AI, you'll see how the commands popup in your S.A.I.L.[DOUBLEPOST=1419686093][/DOUBLEPOST]OK temporary solution by using admin commands:
    Code:
    /admin
    /aiaction {"action" : "enabletech", "techName" : "aquapod"}
    /aiaction {"action" : "enabletech", "techName" : "flyingcarpet"}
    /aiaction {"action" : "enabletech", "techName" : "redpack"}
    /admin
    Enter commands one by one to enable each of the techs.

If you only want to show the techs and enable them with blank tech cards use:
    Code:
    /admin
    /aiaction {"action" : "showtech", "techName" : "aquapod"}
    /aiaction {"action" : "showtech", "techName" : "flyingcarpet"}
    /aiaction {"action" : "showtech", "techName" : "redpack"}
    /admin

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack Phantasmal Quasar

Is this working for the new stable?

3. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Yeah, it is. Just use admin commands on existing characters - i'll soon add some way to unlock techs with recipes.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack Phantasmal Quasar

Cool thanks teihoo.

5. Shine602

Shine602 Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is exactly what i was looking for, but it doesn't seem to work correctly on multiplayer. If i beam to someone's ship while i have it activated(even if im not using it at the time) they will crash. And if they beam to me, I crash.

6. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

All these mods that add both graphics and special functionality need to be install on all clients and the server. Hopefully in the future server will be able to provide mods for the clients, but then again it will have to be installed on the server... Sorry, but I can't make it "server" friendly :(

7. Shine602

Its rather odd that it no longer works for me, because on enraged koala it worked just fine. Me, my friends, and the server all had the mod on koala, and as far as i know we all have it on giraffe so i thought it would work. But oh well, gravity bubble and targeted blink work just as well with infinite energy.

8. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Hm. I have played this with my friends on my server. It works just fine. I'm assuming you and your friends are on some vanilla server now ? It does work for me since I test everything in multiplayer and nothing in single player - but my server does have the mod installed.

Edit: Just to make sure - is your server loading mods? Can you post me your server log mod loading section?

9. Shine602

Well i use other mods besides this and it seems that they load properly. Im not sure how to make a spoiler so i just put my server log file into a txt file and uploaded it.

Attached Files:

10. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

OK that's perfectly fine then, and other players also have the mod loaded? Their version works in solo mode, but not on the server?

11. Shine602

They didn't really test in solo, only on my server. It works fine for them until i beam to their ship just having it available to use in my tech screen. The same happens to me when they beam to my ship. We had to revert to old player saves to disable the tech so stop the crashes. Would it be possible that we had conflicting versions of the mod or something?

12. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I doubt it. I really have no idea at this point ... never happened on my end though :/ i'm assuming you're all using same mods (or same mod pack)? Could be there's some other tech unlocked and that breaks it? You only had RedPack installed maybe someone is using carpet or aquapod?

13. Shine602

We all had the redpack and only the redpack active but the aquapod and carpet were installed, would that have anything to do with it? And i would have no idea if a tech would break it or anything.

14. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Is it possible that you send me in convo link to your mod pack zip? The one you, your friends and your server has?

15. Shine602

I can. I'm not sure if i host the server over my starbound launcher, does it use the mods i have installed? or do i need to do something special? Anyways, ill send you the link.
    Edit: Not sure if i should post it here, so i posted it on your profile page.

16. DarkerCloud

DarkerCloud Big Damn Hero

Could you fix the not disabling while pressing F?

17. Gevouden

Gevouden Big Damn Hero

All mods in the Nightly folder still working as of May 19 2015.

Although, if you have base in a box, you get a duplicate item name error for the aquapod.

18. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I'll try to update in near future. Kinda been hooked up to something else :/