Modding Help Recipe with custom name not showing up except admin

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by gigatoni, Aug 2, 2016.

1. gigatoni

gigatoni Void-Bound Voyager

So for example I have a mod that adds the Tier 3 crafting stations to the Architect's Table.
    This is my file:
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "durasteelbar", "count" : 7 },
        { "item" : "goldbar", "count" : 2 },
        { "item" : "glass", "count" : 20 },
        { "item" : "volatilepowder", "count" : 10 }
      ],
      "output" : {
        "item" : "craftingfurnace",
        "count" : 1,
        "parameters" : {
            "startingUpgradeStage" : 3,
            "price" : 750,
            "inventoryIcon" : "craftingfurnace3icon.png",
            "placementImage" : "craftingfurnace3.png:default.default",
            "placementImagePosition" : [-8, 0],  

"description" : "The atomic furnace is used to turn ores and other materials into crafting ingredients.",
            "shortdescription" : "^orange;Atomic Furnace^white;",

"apexDescription" : "An atomic furnace. I can create incredibly strong alloys with this.",
            "avianDescription" : "An atomic furnace. Perfect for making even stronger alloys.",
            "floranDescription" : "Shiny thing ssspin, ssspin, ssspin. Make sstronger shiny thingsss.",
            "glitchDescription" : "Amazed. This atomic furnace is advanced enough to combine ores into alloys.",
            "humanDescription" : "An atomic furnace. This device is powerful enough to create refined ore and alloys.",
            "hylotlDescription" : "An atomic furnace. I can make refined ore and alloys with this.",
            "novakidDescription" : "Could refine some mighty powerful alloys with this 'ere atomic furnace."
        }
      },
      "duration" : 10,
      "groups" : [ "inventorstable3", "craftingstations", "all" ]
    }
    But (Since the 1.0.4 update??) it doesn't work anymore. It only shows up when I'm admin.
    When I'm removing the "parameters" part. It works, but it shows up as "Primitive furnace" not as "Atomic Furnace".

Yes I've a player.config.patch which looks like this:
    Code:
    [{"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"inventorstable3"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftinganvil"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingfarm"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingfurnace"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingfurniture"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingmedical"}},
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingwheel"}}]

2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

From what I know you are missing one key thing in your player.config, the parameters. The recipes you are adding are recognized as the vanilla ones and not the modified ones you made so all you need to do is to add the parameter tag to your patches and it should work. I have an example in my pony modpack if you want an example, look at the file in species/ponex called ponex.species it should be in the first lines of the race specific starting bluebrints section.

gigatoni likes this.
  3. gigatoni

First, thanks for trying to help me so quickly :).

You mean this?
    Code:
    "data" : { "directives" : "?replace;FFCA8A=ffca8a;E0975C=f4f4f6;A85636=dad5d7;6F2919=968d92"}
    To be honest. I don't even now what it is.. It looks hexish, but also with some random looking numbers. I tried adding it but it didn't work..

The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure until the 1.0.4 patch rolled in, that it worked.

4. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

That data thing is where you would put your parameter thing

gigatoni likes this.
  5. gigatoni

Okay tried doing this:
    Code:
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingfurnace", "data" : {"parameters" : {

"description" : "The atomic furnace is used to turn ores and other materials into crafting ingredients.",

"apexDescription" : "An atomic furnace. I can create incredibly strong alloys with this.",
            "avianDescription" : "An atomic furnace. Perfect for making even stronger alloys.",
            "floranDescription" : "Shiny thing ssspin, ssspin, ssspin. Make sstronger shiny thingsss.",
            "glitchDescription" : "Amazed. This atomic furnace is advanced enough to combine ores into alloys.",
            "humanDescription" : "An atomic furnace. This device is powerful enough to create refined ore and alloys.",
            "hylotlDescription" : "An atomic furnace. I can make refined ore and alloys with this.",
            "novakidDescription" : "Could refine some mighty powerful alloys with this 'ere atomic furnace."
        }}}},
    and

Code:
    {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingfurnace", "data" : {   "startingUpgradeStage" : 3,

}}},
    Recipe shows up, but as Primitive furnace.

6. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Thats because you put it in the data thing you need to have something like this:
    (I'm coding on my phone let's hope the autocorrect doesn't go crazy on me)

{ "op" : "add", "path" : "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-", "value" : { "item" : "craftingfurnace", "parameters" : { parameters here }}}

gigatoni likes this.
  7. gigatoni

Ahh that makes sense... (Please forgive my stupidness) But still doesn't work ;)

Code:
    [{"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"craftingfurnace", "parameters" : {

}}}]
    With the code from above:
    [​IMG]

How my recipes look in admin mode (Just the 1st one, the 2nd one is the vanilla wooden workbench recipe):
    [​IMG]

8. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Welp that's sad, though I do remember a bug pre 1.0 that caused this sort of thing to happen, though in your case you would probably be better off just making a new object

gigatoni likes this.
  9. gigatoni

Bummer. It's probably a bug that 1.0.4 introduced then. Because pre-1.0.4 it worked...

10. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Maybe you can post a bug report or try to get a hold of a dev on the ##Starbound-modding IRC channel has some of them do spend some time there once every day or so.

gigatoni likes this.
  11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Yes please post it as a bug report for any issue you find in the Support section.

12. gigatoni

Thanks to v6 for helping me in IRC. I don't know what I did wrong guess it just needed a new character

The | Suit likes this.