Realism mode

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by cheese, Mar 1, 2012.

1. TheWalrusLivesInMe

TheWalrusLivesInMe Void-Bound Voyager

Emotions that buff and debuff sadness happiness. Less health generally can't take as much damage.

2. Jedesis

Jedesis Ketchup Robot

I like this idea, the food and water bit remind me of my everyday struggles... ;-0

3. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

My opinion sounds that if there will be realism mod ON,THEN,people will have more items avaiable wich they need,if it will be OFF,they will have dramatically LESS opinions and items avaiable...or it wont be just used,,

4. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

*Spews out dust*
    I just think it should be like the classic "More challenge, more loot" stuff.

5. Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking Big Damn Hero

That always irked me with games that have a hardcore mode. If its hard core, bullets and guns and other supplies should not be scattered in every place possible.
    Never mind that, I have always been that guy who puts the difficulty to *Insert Hardest Difficulty here* on and then installing Hardcore and difficulty mods, making my friends question my sanity as I scream when I die time after time again.

Forget all of the above... that's Hawking talking.
    I Think that those features should be toggle-able because some people *Looks at other friends* would like some features but would not like the food/hunger/sleep thing.

6. Dave Combine

Dave Combine Corporate Co-Chair

Yeah. I meant for that to be toggle-able.

SmoothGuy likes this.
  7. Vanguard

Vanguard Space Spelunker

I agree. Really, we should add this. But more importantly, being able to customize the game mode would be awesome!
    Like dragging different features into the "Game Mode Pool"
    EXAMPLE: Med-core + Realism + Permadeath

8. okay

okay Void-Bound Voyager

I agree with most of the suggestion you made, although they already have the Food/Water and the tempurature it would be cool if some planets didn't have oxygen (or whatever the species breathed) and you would need some sort of tank. Mining supports and natural disasters would also be cool but the "Invasions" wouldn't be that good to add. Invasions aren't good to add because instead of putting a bunch of lines of coding and making the artwork for the invasions and spending too much time you could just get a few online friends and fight (I'm guessing you could have NPC's fight with you) against each other while gathering your army around the world.

9. IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl Pangalactic Porcupine

OP, have all my "yes"!

It would be nice if we had to craft special equipment to be able to survive in low-oxygen planets but at the same time I don't see what logic or lore would there be to support this claim when we play an alien race.
    Everything else... YES!

I would also like to suggest something like more in-depth farming and harvesting that could be used for trading. Planting and harvesting crops is part of the fun but we should be able to breed animals too for their meat (and possibly other sources as well). Imagine you come across a wealthy village who trades rare items, I'm sure you would like to buy something from them! But what if its the opposite; a starving village that desperately needs food and you happen to have a surplus?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  10. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

+1 for every suggestion in the OP !