Reactions to light

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Doctor Ragnarok, Mar 14, 2012.

1. RustyJ

RustyJ Big Damn Hero

Mabey there could be a gun that shoots exploding balls that let out extremely bright light when they explode to stun or kill enemies that are scared or destroyed by light.

2. SomethingObvious

SomethingObvious Phantasmal Quasar

Like different variations of a grenade launcher?

3. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A flare gun could be useful.

4. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Proper term is Flash Bang. ;)

5. Gumdrop Meadowz

Gumdrop Meadowz Cosmic Narwhal

"borrow" as much as you want from Dr. Seuss. I personally want a whole world in Dr. Seuss stylized scenery!

6. Tommy

Tommy Void-Bound Voyager

+1 for that idea

7. Nebin

Nebin Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay, I swear if there is even just one planet out there with weeping angels on it (Bowties are cool) I am going to BLOW IT UP with all of my firepower possible :mad:

8. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

No reason why this can't be possible.

9. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Former Staff

Excellent. Thanks for stopping by. ^.^

10. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

I agree, weeping angels are terrible. Let's hope Rho puts in a good word for this idea. ;)

11. Mike Potter

Mike Potter Void-Bound Voyager

This actually sounds like a very interesting mechanic!

In most scenarios the light merely acts as a buff to the player, via granting sight, but should they be able to affect certain mobs with it; carrying a light at all times would become a constant. Not only does the light let the player explore and reward them with being able to feasibly traverse the underground, or during the night, but this would give a second benefit to carrying a light source at all times.
    (not unless you want to run into some Vashta Nerada)

12. TemporaryTorment

TemporaryTorment Orbital Explorer

I made a thread about this a month or so ago (some time after this thread apparently) and thought it would be nice if the same ideas that work with light could also work with sound. In places where having light could attract too much unwanted attention, soundwaves could be used instead to help you move in the darkness, etc.

13. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

Hey Rho this could be a way of killing enemy's they cant be harmed by any wepond but the flash light could be the only way of killing dark evil creatures on those planets that are always night.

Yes or No?

14. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

Yes. :)

Kristopher likes this.
  15. Spike

Spike Supernova

I agree. Weaker monsters should stray from the light, so you can use torches to make a temporary station inside a dangerous cave. But you should really put this in the suggestions thread; it's really- OMG it's actually in the RIGHT SECTION! That's like... the first I've seen all day!

16. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i like your idea.

17. Zalachenko

Zalachenko Twenty-three is number one

Francis voice: WITCH!!!
    Startling enemies by shining lights on them would be cool. Maybe allow for dimmer (im pretty sure i wrote that wrong) light sources.

18. Platipus

Platipus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I DEMAND WEEPING ANGELS

19. Dahoga

Dahoga Phantasmal Quasar

I really think this is a good idea! Some monsters cringing at the brightness of my mighty flashlight!

20. Spike

Spike Supernova

Dat Necro.

Dahoga likes this.